Of Sculptured Ivy And Stone Flowers
Amid Its Hallowed Mirth
The Knowing
Welcome to the Fade

Total votes: 15
13.06.2007 - 03:59
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
This is one of my favorite band ive discovered in the last year. I guess the sound is somewhere between My Dying Bride and Opeth... Probably that overstates their tallent a little, but this is still a brilliant band. S what is you favorite album from this band.

I would have said The Knowing before 3 days ago, but the new album The Novella Reservoir is a brilliant album as well which i am enjoying this second. So I will vote for the new album. It has tramendous atmosphere in every song, its well ballanced between heavy and soft... The clean vocals are getting alot better these days too...
13.06.2007 - 06:26
Bitch Boy
Novembers Doom is a cool band, but they're getting closer to death metal in their latest albums. I prefer the doom sound, that's why I voted "Of Sculptured Ivy And Stone Flowers", cool stuff.
13.06.2007 - 19:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmm Its hard to choose because I lie all albums all are great and amazing so I vont wote this time, but somehow Im more to older stuff so I dunno but i like all albums, some say lst album are bad but I still like it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.12.2010 - 22:19
JD
Account deleted
Since this is the only album i've heard i will go with "The Novella Reservoir"
29.01.2011 - 02:06
Maim
Damn, I really like all their albums to be honest, so it's really hard for me to vote on this one... the one that I have been tending to fall back on lately has been The Novella Reservoir - it definitely kicks hard when they crank it up, has very tasteful use of acoustics/clean passages, and also is arguably Paul Kuhr's best vocal performance... but at the same time, there's a special place in my heart for Amid It's Hallowed Mirth - dark, ugly, beautiful, and heavy as all fuck... I dunno, too hard for me to pick right now.
----
Friends will help you move... REAL friends will help you move bodies...
29.12.2012 - 21:28
Cream
Account deleted
Since it contains their both hits and is their only album I know :The Pale Haunt Departure.
30.12.2012 - 00:30
Cream
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

hmmm,if you give their whole discography a spin im sure you'll change your mind. Especially the albums before the pale haunt depature.. After that with them going melodeath, imo they aren't as good as they were.

I need a pause from this kind of music, will listen to their older stuff next year autum.

Since you are an african metalhead, check out Crackdust and Wrust from Botswana, both melanchonic Death Metal.
30.12.2012 - 12:43
Cream
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

good to see someone aware of the African metal scene, i presume you aren't from Africa.. I know of those bands, the Botswanian scene is really coming up, add Skinflint. I enjoy their music and can't wait for them to begin touring around.

No I'm from the continent above yours. I could visit the band tours in Botswana and neighbour countries since there are no crazy somalis and other muslims like in parts of kenya or were its very bad like Nigeria.
30.12.2012 - 17:55
Cream
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.12.2012 at 17:43

Written by Guest on 30.12.2012 at 12:43

I could visit the band tours in Botswana and neighbour countries since there are no crazy somalis and other muslims like in parts of kenya or were its very bad like Nigeria.

hmmm, terror incidences are very rare in Kenya. Its only this year that they were numerous since the kenyan army invaded somalia to fight the terror group al shabab and won.. So kenya is safe to visit, plus if a band were to come security will be top notch. Why do you hate muslims? I mean we have them here and they are cool people, plus its just a case of a few wingnuts giving them a bad name.. And wingnuts are present in all religions especially the abrahamic ones.

The muslims are only tolerable when they are in the minority. Look at North Nigeria, where they are the majority and are on their way to massacrate the christian population and destroy their churches. The muslims know that they are currently in the minority and that the kenyan army is strong but things will change when their population grows. The muslims in my home country already make problems like rapes, jew hunting... Kenya has to stay strong and christian or there will be massacres like in Nigeria and Sudan through muslims.
30.12.2012 - 18:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Please back on-topic

so talk about Novembers Doom
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.12.2012 - 18:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 30.12.2012 at 18:38

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.12.2012 at 18:06

Please back on-topic

so talk about Novembers Doom

hehe, btw i know you call them borderline doom. But still, of the above albums, whats your fav?

probably Of Sculptured Ivy And Stone Flowers but I would have to revisit their doom albums first to be certain.
I don't like their melodic death albums at all though.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.12.2012 - 20:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 30.12.2012 at 19:05

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.12.2012 at 18:40

probably Of Sculptured Ivy And Stone Flowers but I would have to revisit their doom albums first to be certain.
I don't like their melodic death albums at all though.

true, from novella resevoir they aren't as good as they were. Personaly i can stand their melodeath but its really meh. Btw, how are they live?

I have seen them only once but you can read about my thoughts on them live here: http://metalstorm.net/pub/article.php?article_id=646
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996