Metal Storm logo
Oldboy (2003) Korea (A must see)

26.05.2006 - 19:10
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
"After being kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years, Oh Dae-Su is released, only to find that he must find his captor in 5 days"

The film won the Grand Prix at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival and had won high praises from director Quentin Tarantino.

Grand Bell Awards - South Korea 2004
* Best Director - Park Chan-wook
* Best Actor - Choi Min-sik
* Best Edition - Kim Sang-beom
* Best Illumination - Park Hyun-won
* Best Music - Cho Young-wuk

To the full list : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldboy

One of the greatest movies I have seen lately.
I dont think there is a way to describe this movie, its just amazing.

The cut scenes, the camera views , the actors, its all toataly amzing.
And mostly the story.

"While the film is a story of revenge and utilizes many elements of film noir to examine the nature of sin and morality, it is ultimately a Greek tragedy"

Anyways Watch it and post your reply!
26.05.2006 - 19:21
Narterath
I've seen it 2 times already. It is one of the best action/thriller films I have ever seen. The plot is just amazing and the ending is....awesome
27.05.2006 - 20:02
Danielazo
Account deleted
E.X.T.R.A.O.R.D.I.N.A.R.Y.

really, the greatest movie I saw this year
31.05.2006 - 21:46
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.05.2006 at 20:02

E.X.T.R.A.O.R.D.I.N.A.R.Y.

really, the greatest movie I saw this year

Its an amzing movie and it will last
13.06.2006 - 09:35
Devolution
WOW .............. Awesome movie ., one of the best , on the top of the list . i have seen last year, the story is so great ,the dirctor is so great and the actors too .
I wouldn't believe that Korean could do something like this masterpeice .
----
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
14.06.2006 - 04:28
Bardiel13
Account deleted
Yeah, my friend wouldn't stopp bugging me until I saw it. Loved it. Absolutely brilliant!
16.06.2006 - 17:15
lazarus
A great movie definitely, a twisted end when is exposed the reasons of his imprisonment, very sad
----
And sometimes I despair
At who I've become
I have to come to terms
With what I've done
18.06.2006 - 00:37
W-Lash
Metal Master
Yea, i have seen this some time before...Very good idea without cheap templates and without Asian fighting scenes.
23.06.2006 - 11:50
EvilOstrich
Account deleted
I was sitting around drinking a few beers about a week ago and a buddy of mine came by with this movie on DVD. Watched it and LOVED it. Very brutal in both storytelling and passion. One of the best movie ending EVER!! The story had me guessing all the way up til the end. And I couldn't help but flinch when he picked up those scissors towards the end. Park Chan-wook has a few other movies, but none live up to the awesomeness of this one.
29.06.2006 - 19:38
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I sawy Oldboy a long time ago and its one of the most brilliant films I have ever seen. Its an enigma and its intelligent at the same time. Great performances and i like the locations as well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.06.2006 - 18:49
Ruines
Account deleted
weird, Mournfulwoods hasnt posted in this thread yet ....

anyway i like the movie, it was a bit long in a few places but overall it was pretty enjoyable. The realisation is awesome when the oldboy fight his way through a few dozens of bad guys. One shot, incredible.
08.07.2006 - 09:52
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I've gotta see this, i've heard bits and pieces about it but i haven't seen it yet.
Now i gotsta see this one
09.07.2006 - 15:00
Basso
Account deleted
I did just download it. Will prolly see it tomorrow or something. Can hardly wait
23.07.2006 - 15:57
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.06.2006 at 18:49

weird, Mournfulwoods hasnt posted in this thread yet ....

anyway i like the movie, it was a bit long in a few places but overall it was pretty enjoyable. The realisation is awesome when the oldboy fight his way through a few dozens of bad guys. One shot, incredible.

The camera was great on that one.
Did you know the movie is based on anima from japan?
23.07.2006 - 17:43
Basso
Account deleted
Actually it is a manga its based of.
23.07.2006 - 18:09
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.07.2006 at 17:43

Actually it is a manga its based of.

sorry then...my misstake
13.05.2008 - 01:38
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
this is one of my favourite films ever, i nearly cried at the end when he knows that that girl is his daughter but he has no tongue and hes just so helpless. it was just full of so many unexpected twists and turns its fantastic.

i heard about it on sky channel i used to watch called rockworld tv and they would have a bit about games and films and this was featured along with lady vengance as well, which i still have to see
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
13.05.2008 - 03:08
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted
never seen this but hear good things.i'll have to check it out sometime.i have seen this other film that i hear is similiar called ichi the killer,anyone here seen it?
13.05.2008 - 09:44
tulkas
el parcero
daman, can't find it to download it... all those great comments about the movie made me want to watch it noww! i hope i can find it and watch it as soon as i can
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
18.05.2008 - 16:33
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by tulkas on 13.05.2008 at 09:44

daman, can't find it to download it... all those great comments about the movie made me want to watch it noww! i hope i can find it and watch it as soon as i can

its a nice movie but be careful cause as i know there is a fuckin Indian version too the fuckin copiers