Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - New Album Details

Nightwish's upcoming album will be called "Dark Passion Play". It will be released by Nuclear Blast on September 28th, by Spinefarm Records / Universal on September 26th and by Roadrunner Records on September 28th.

The tracklist reads as follows:

1. The Poet And The Pendulum
2. Bye Bye Beautiful
3. Amaranth
4. Cadence Of Her Last Breath
5. Master Passion Greed
6. Eva
7. Sahara
8. Whoever Brings The Night
9. For The Heart I Once Had
10. The Islander
11. Last Of The Wilds
12. 7 Days To The Wolves
13. Meadows Of Heaven

You can take a look at the cover artwork here.

Even before that date, on August 24th (Nuclear Blast) and on August 22nd (Spinefarm/Universal), the single "Amaranth" will be released. It will come in different versions, their tracklists will be announced later.

To see the cover artwork, click here.

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 14.06.2007 by Etaín

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 29   Visited by: 7 users
14.06.2007 - 12:18
Etaín

Those covers are really beautiful, glad its nothing like Eva
14.06.2007 - 12:26
Ernis
狼獾
That's also my thought...covers look stunning....looking at those it just gives hope that the album itself is going to be something and special......
14.06.2007 - 12:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
it will be darn long summer the best part of the year and i will pray for the release day to be here already
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.06.2007 - 13:02
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Good cover artwork IMO too, I hope the album will be amazing! Surely they will make a lot of topics about the new album...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
14.06.2007 - 13:02
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
The reason it looks nothing like the Eva covers is because these are hand painted The Eva cover was just made on the computer as it wasn't going to be release in stores
14.06.2007 - 13:18
Damned-In-Black

Actually the main reason they look nothing alike is because they are nothing alike, regardless of how they were created - there's just no similarities
These covers are good, but having heard Eva and the samples I'm expecting the album to be pretty terrible, regardless.
14.06.2007 - 14:13
GT
Coffee!!
Some pretty good covers. Hope the album will be just as good
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.06.2007 - 15:00
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
*Takes out agenda* Hmmm... September 28th... nothing to do! YAY! *writes down: "go to the music store"*
14.06.2007 - 16:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
Looks like a Sonata Arctica cover, very beautiful though! I seriously can't wait!
----
14.06.2007 - 16:23
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
The cover for Amaranth is great, but the album cover is a bit boring - the same style as almost all covers nowadays. Just look at Unia, After Forever... just the logo and some symbol in the middle, no cool details or anything... well, it's not BAD so I won't complain more. And LOTS of tracks! Waha! It's gonna be a looong summer...
14.06.2007 - 17:41
BrightNight

Looks very nice if you ask me! Hopefully the music will be like the covers...
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
14.06.2007 - 17:48
Golden Wing

Written by Spyroid on 14.06.2007 at 16:23

The cover for Amaranth is great, but the album cover is a bit boring - the same style as almost all covers nowadays. Just look at Unia, After Forever... just the logo and some symbol in the middle, no cool details or anything...

I totally agree with you. Just lovely covers, but nothing special... no details, and no drawing, I mean it seems like they were made on computer - just a compilation of some photos, IMHO...

The tracklist can't give any clue now for us what this album will be, what kind of music.. But I specially liked the last two tracks' names... About wolves and about heaven
14.06.2007 - 18:17
annodomini

hm..the song name like "Bye Bye BNeautifull" dont make me optimistic about this album...covers really stuning, i hope thos songs will be really good...
----
the riddle wants to be...
14.06.2007 - 18:26
Jiri

I kind of like the covers. Hopefully, I'll kind of like the album.
14.06.2007 - 19:10
ShadowedFire88

it looks like nightwish... feels like nightwiish... anb lets hope it still sounds like nightwish....Good work on the covers....

Cheers
----
...SHADOWEDFIRE...
14.06.2007 - 19:24
Icewings
La Luna
WOW stunning , love the covers !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
14.06.2007 - 20:48
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
I prefer these covers to that of the previous single "Eva".
14.06.2007 - 21:06
Bitch Boy

I thought that cover of "Eva" with the little girl in the garden was the new album cover. Fortunately it isn't. Both of these covers are just great
14.06.2007 - 22:00
Lupas
Maximus
Wow great artworks. i think that metalstorm have done something about the artwork after many negative comments about eva cover. Great news about Nightwish .
Thanks etain
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
14.06.2007 - 22:05
Abattoir

Nice...great covers...already waiting the release of album
14.06.2007 - 23:54
Mother_North

i hope this will be a good album but i am sure i'll miss tarja voice it's so hard to forget that voice...
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
15.06.2007 - 00:32
jadawal

"bye bye beautiful"?
oh my, im going to see nightwish in october, hopefully they dont play this song live, i can just tell what its going to be like, wish i had an angel and where were you last night and that garbage. dark passion play don't sound too interesting either, where did you go nightwish. hopefully this album is better then my erxpectations
15.06.2007 - 03:58
Eternal Flames

The cover art of the album and single look great. Definitely nice that it's nothing like the artwork on Eva. My expectations of this album aren't too high though. From the two samples that I've heard from the new album, they sound a little to pop-ish to me. Anette's vocals are far to generic. Sounds like Sharon den Adel too much. It was Tarja's unique vocals that made Nightwish stand out for me. And without the unique vocals anymore, I don't think I'll enjoy Nightwish as much.

I still will be awaiting the album eagerly to hear the new stuff. Hopefully it will be beyond my expectations.
15.06.2007 - 19:23
Rathma
Account deleted
Written by jadawal on 15.06.2007 at 00:32

"bye bye beautiful"?
oh my, im going to see nightwish in october, hopefully they dont play this song live, i can just tell what its going to be like, wish i had an angel and where were you last night and that garbage.

Believe it or not, "Bye Bye Beautiful" is their heaviest song to date and has growling on it. I hope they DO play it live.

And this has been the most expensive album in finnish history, altogether it cost them 800 000 euro's for Dark Passion Play. I hope it's a good one!
17.06.2007 - 01:37
neverbuilt2last
Account deleted
The album should be awesome. I loved the 3 samples and Eva was pretty good. Amaranth is such a good song so I'm happy they're releasing that as a single!! And so what if they sound different. Things change; deal with it. I still think it is going to be one hell of an album (as Rathma said: 800,000 euros. No one just throws that kinda money around on junk )
17.06.2007 - 03:20
tulkas
el parcero
have't heard the samples, but still hope it's a good album. i want to listen to the new voice! kinda like the cover artworks, althoug the single not so much
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
17.06.2007 - 15:39
Carrion
Account deleted
Some interesting track names.. Sahara sounds like an instrumental, maybe like Moondance. Good covers
18.06.2007 - 11:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 17.06.2007 at 15:39

Some interesting track names.. Sahara sounds like an instrumental, maybe like Moondance. Good covers

i bet 50$ that it's the "emppu song" tuomas was talking about
18.06.2007 - 20:32
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
The tracklist sounds interesting, I hope the album is good, for when a band's vocalist leaves, the band loose its essence in many cases, although it could be a good change too
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica

Hits total: 7964 | This month: 3