Metal Storm logo
Diabolical Masquerade

26.05.2006 - 19:25
Damnated
Churchburner
One of the most orginal bands around, IMO. I'm not gonna wein about the brakeup, cuz I'm past that now. I cherish the work of this band, and I want to bring them back to the atention of ppl. Avantgarde would be the perfect defenition for this kind of music, next to black offcourse, the music of DM has sometimes progressive elemnts to.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
28.05.2006 - 11:15
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
One of the few extreme metal bands (along with Sigh) that actually deserve the title"avant garde".... great stuff.
01.06.2006 - 19:41
mvikred

yeah totally agree ^^^ amazing albums .. i love their album 'death's design' ... did u know that this was made as a soundtrack to a movie and then later released as an album

mvikred
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
02.06.2006 - 12:23
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Soundtrack to what movie?
02.06.2006 - 18:16
mvikred

^^^dont know abt that man .. it wasnt mentioned on that site .... i'll look into it once more and let u know .. i dont exaclty remember now where i read it .
----
02.06.2006 - 21:14
GrimFilth
Account deleted
Ravendusk in my Heart ..... hail Diabolical Masquerade! _\m/
02.06.2006 - 21:49
Detric
King Of Twilight
Ive got Nightwork and its good album, but nothing special IMO. Maybe ill have to let it spin some more..
03.06.2006 - 14:51
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Written by mvikred on 02.06.2006 at 18:16

^^^dont know abt that man .. it wasnt mentioned on that site .... i'll look into it once more and let u know .. i dont exaclty remember now where i read it .

Im very interested to find out what the movie is. I might have to see it if it really does have the Diabolical Masquerade songs on it
04.06.2006 - 00:23
Alfonso

The movie never got made... "Death's Design" is the only album of theirs that I like.
----
04.06.2006 - 08:39
mvikred

Written by Guest on 03.06.2006 at 14:51

Written by mvikred on 02.06.2006 at 18:16

Im very interested to find out what the movie is. I might have to see it if it really does have the Diabolical Masquerade songs on it

oh no dude, the movie got cancelled or something .. thts why dan swano released it as an album .. the movies name was not mentioned though ... as you can observe the album is structured similar to a movie .. as in the parts and sub parts .
----
05.06.2006 - 11:21
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Ahhh thanks for clearing that up.
12.09.2006 - 15:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I anjoy this band and its one of dan Swano bands and I like it, this are one of best Swedish awangard Black metal bands and thay lyrics are poetic, actualy its posible feel that old school mambers are on it, even if you dont know who are playing there, and band are aswome
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.09.2006 - 16:07
ylside

Hmm it has Dan Swanö in it and you people label it as avant-garde it's something I might like. I refrained from checking because of the Black metal label, anyway, what album do you recommend me to try first ?
12.09.2006 - 17:31
Damnated
Churchburner
Try Nightwork. The music of DM is way higher then black metal. Hell, you could call it even post balck metal Swanö's contribution is minimal though, he was the drummer on some ocasions, but the project is mainly Blackheim's. Nothing similar to Katatonia though. Ppl tend to asociate the 2 bands, dunno why.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.11.2006 - 10:04
Megadeth88

Diabolical Masquerade is one of my favorite Avant-Garde bands (The other two being Arcturus, and Sigh.) My two favorite albums by them are "Nightwork", and "The Phantom Lodge" Two excellent albums in my opinion.
04.11.2006 - 03:20
MetalSpider

Ive only heard Death's Design, and its an awesome album. Its just too bad that Diabolical Masquerade is no more.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
04.11.2006 - 05:01
Daru Jericho

Great avant garde band here. So unique. I really love The Phantom Lodge album.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

15.12.2006 - 07:07
artificialraven
Account deleted
Hey i've been screwin around with they're death's design album. the original album is 60+ tracks but i've combines similar melodies and narrowed it down to 17 tracks. here's a sample. http://www.amethyst-angel.com/bobmusic/Diabolic%20Masquerade%20-%2005%20-%20Track-05.mp3

i guess as of now i'm calling it Death's Redesign.

what do you people think?

EDIT: i'm probably one of few people on the internet who remix metal albums o.O
15.12.2006 - 14:56
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
Written by ylside on 12.09.2006 at 16:07

Hmm it has Dan Swanö in it and you people label it as avant-garde it's something I might like. I refrained from checking because of the Black metal label, anyway, what album do you recommend me to try first ?
The Phantom Lodge is the only one that I have heard so I will have to recommend that. But I guess if you dont like BM you wont be to crazy about this album
15.12.2006 - 16:04
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Almighty Ent on 15.12.2006 at 14:56

The Phantom Lodge is the only one that I have heard so I will have to recommend that. But I guess if you dont like BM you wont be to crazy about this album

on the contrary. this album sounds nothing like black metal. shure it has a bm basis, but that's all there is.
----

16.12.2006 - 03:26
artificialraven
Account deleted
I've heard all their other albms and this one is the best but that statement is subjectional. I just like the moelodies they use in Death's Design but .....lets say if Death's Design never came out, i'd have to go with Phantom Lodge.
17.12.2006 - 04:20
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
Written by Damnated on 15.12.2006 at 16:04

Written by Almighty Ent on 15.12.2006 at 14:56

on the contrary. this album sounds nothing like black metal. shure it has a bm basis, but that's all there is.

I dont see where your coming from. How is this not black metal. No offense but to say this album sounds nothing like black metal seems insane to me.
17.12.2006 - 14:48
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Only checked out a couple of tracks but already they've won me over!!

Seen a couple of albums in store, cant remember but i think they might be either "Ravendusk In My Heart" or "Nightwork" .. either way I'll definatly will pick something up and post later.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
19.12.2006 - 16:49
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
YAY, well as i said above i pick up 'Ravendusk In My Heart' ... very nice album
This is definatly been a good pick up actually, ive been listening to it a far bit and its a good solid album. Not as much avantgarde than i thought it would of hard, given that the general word in hear is that they are fairly avantgarde... though this album wasnt really said to have the sound.

Still, going to hunt down the rest of these albums... think i can get my hands on this 'Death's Design' release which im eager to hear.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
22.12.2006 - 15:32
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Had only listened to "Ravendusk In My Heart" and didn't find it that special, jus average melodic black metal like could be made by Ragnarok or Naglfar... anyway... seing some posts seems like they evolved for better after their debut.
25.12.2006 - 06:56
Eternal Flames

I've only heard Death's Design, their 61 track album. I only heard them when I realised that Dan Swano was a member and knowing the pure genius that he is, I just had to hear Diabolical Masquerade for myself. It's quite a diverse album, with many different elements from various genre mixed. It's got some very majestic and eerie sounds which I really enjoyed. I definitely think this is a very unique and original band. After hearing Death's Design, I'm definitely going to try find more of their albums.
24.01.2007 - 04:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
According to M-A:

Quote:
Death's Design is supposed to be a soundtrack for a horror movie, though that's
just a gimmick story created by Blakkheim, which fooled most of you out there.

I don't know if it's true, but it's funny nonetheless.

Well, the only album from them that I have is Death's Design. I think the music is great, but the long gaps in between songs almost ruins this album for me. You get a 10 second song, then 2 seconds of silence afterwards, which really kills the momentum. Most songs even get cut short before they have time to develop.
29.01.2007 - 14:24
Major

The genius behind this band is Anders "Blakkheim" Nystrom, not Dan Swano. Blakkheim wrote all the songs, because it was his project, not Swano's.

Diabolical Masquerade is my favorite metal band. Though the first DM album I've heard is Nightwork, I consider it to be the weakest, and "Death's Design" the best.
13.11.2007 - 21:38
baldur

deaths design is a great album but it is so fucking disturbing that there are so fucking many songs why dont just one long song?