Metal Storm logo
Hellfest - Mayhem Replaced By Enslaved

Sad news for Black Metal fans? Hellhammer, drummer of Mayhem, broke an arm.

Therefore, Mayhem will not be able to play at Hellfest this year. In order to stay consistent, we decided that the Norwegian band Enslaved will take over their time slot! We hope that you will understand this last minute change and that this replacement of choice will comfort you!

Some news about the Sin Cession battle of the bands now. "End.", a band from Toulouse (France) http://www.myspace.com/end1freefr won the contest that took place last week in Lyon. Their music is powerful with some dark, loud and oppressive atmopheres. "End." is really loud and crushing on stage and can be considered one of the most promising band from France. Don't miss them on Sunday 24 at 2:15 PM on the discover Stage!

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Summer Open Air 2007
Posted: 14.06.2007 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 3 users
14.06.2007 - 19:36
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Hehe perfect for me !

Good news actually
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
14.06.2007 - 19:51
Baz Anderson

Enslaved are playing at Wacken anyway - and also I would have prefered to have seen Mayhem - but oh well it isn't a big thing - there was plenty of other bands I wanted to see more that are still going to be there
I'm sure Enslaved will put on a great show as well
14.06.2007 - 22:09
Mindheist
No Longer Human
I actually think that Mayhem are better than Enslaved, but these Norwegians are insanely talented, so yes the Hellfest will stay consistent. Unfortunately I can't go to France, I've already desided to unleash mu fury at Wacken, maybe next year.
14.06.2007 - 22:10
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Haha, luckily enough I got to see Dimmu a week ago - puh!
14.06.2007 - 23:42
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
life: 1, Hellhammer: 0
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
14.06.2007 - 23:49
Aghahowa

Good news finally !
Enslaved is a killer band. I'm glad to see them at Hellfest.

But for Hellhammer, it's suspect. Why on Graspop, there aren't the same news (because Dimmu Borgir plays there) ?
If Hellhammer plays with DB, we'll understand...
I hope there'll be another drummer for Graspop.
15.06.2007 - 00:55
matos

it's funny how you all like bad news
----
15.06.2007 - 05:31
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Does this mean they're going to cancel their US tour too?! sucks!
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
15.06.2007 - 06:33
Dhamer

bitchwax666, nice fucking post!!!!!!!!!!!!
15.06.2007 - 08:22
Judas
The Amputator
It's so obvious that this news was first written in French on their site. Broke ONE arm? At the same HOUR? Some nice literal translation there. About the news itself, Enslaved > Mayhem, so don't worry too much if you're going to Hellfest.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.06.2007 - 12:09
wrathchild

Written by Judas on 15.06.2007 at 08:22

It's so obvious that this news was first written in French on their site. Broke ONE arm? At the same HOUR? Some nice literal translation there.
Mind you
But thanks anyway.

About the news itself, Enslaved > Mayhem, so don't worry too much if you're going to Hellfest.

Agreed, Enslaved's music is a lot more interesting (at least it is to me) and well, even for those who might be disappointed, that shouldn't prevent them from enjoying the festival
Ah, next week, I'm gonna feel like I'm in heaven at Hellfest
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
15.06.2007 - 15:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

It's so obvious that this news was first written in French on their site. Broke ONE arm? At the same HOUR? Some nice literal translation there. About the news itself, Enslaved > Mayhem, so don't worry too much if you're going to Hellfest.

Borke an arm is perfect British English, broken an arm is American English (and maybe also Aussie English but I can't judge that fully)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.06.2007 - 15:21
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Jeff on 14.06.2007 at 19:36

Hehe perfect for me !

Good news actually

For me too !!!!!
Even if I was curious to see Mayhem live. Another time...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
15.06.2007 - 15:36
Darkside Momo
Retired
And good news for End. too ! They're good, quite Meshuggah ispired but not a simple copy.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
16.06.2007 - 22:15
FECAL_FEAST
Account deleted
Fuck! I wasn't going to Hellfest, but Mayhem is playing here in San Francisco in a month... how long does it take for a broken hand to heal?

If Axel was reealy metal, he would play with his fucked up hand.
18.06.2007 - 06:32
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Dhamer on 15.06.2007 at 06:33

bitchwax666, nice fucking post!!!!!!!!!!!!

why thank you. how on earth did the almighty Hellhammer succumb to the forces of blunt force upon ones appendage in the first place? anyone?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.06.2007 - 03:11
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
The US tour has also been canceled!!!! Well at least I saw Hellhammer with Dimmu last month. I hope Mayhem schedule another tour in the states....

Hits total: 2943 | This month: 4