Metal Storm logo
Dissection - Call It Quits; Announce Final Concerts

Dissection singer/guitarist Jon Nödtveidt announced in an exclusive interview segment with fans only on the band's website forum, titled 'An Interview by the Fans for The Fans', that the band has come to a close.

In the words of founder Jon Nödtveidt: "With Reinkaos we have reached the ending chapter. Dissection's work is done and this is our legacy."

On June 24th, 2006 the first European gig based on the material of Reinkaos will be performed. The first, as well as the last. The Midsummer Massacre will mark the victorious end of Dissection. "We will also make our first and last concert in Israel, as well as two final concerts on the American continent."

Source: dissection.nu
Band profile: Dissection
Event: Dissection Midsummer Massacre
Posted: 26.05.2006 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 31 users
27.05.2006 - 18:45
Daru Jericho

What!? I'm so upset to hear about this. Dissection's Storm Of The Light's Bane is one of my favourite melodic black metal albums and I would have loved to see them live. Those Swedes that go to this final gig are so lucky.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

28.05.2006 - 21:11
kaos666

I knew they would wrap it up with Reinkaos considering what a dissapointment the album was, they don't want to return so they put out a crap album to finish it all with.
29.05.2006 - 16:14
matos

Written by Daru Jericho on 27.05.2006 at 18:45

What!? I'm so upset to hear about this. Dissection's Storm Of The Light's Bane is one of my favourite melodic black metal albums and I would have loved to see them live. Those Swedes that go to this final gig are so lucky.

i wouldn't be so upset if i were you. I am a big fan myself, but sice dissection have suffered their "rebirth" they don't play old stuff any more. Last year they had the last tour with their old music tour, now there is only the "goodbye tour" left :/
----
14.06.2006 - 21:39
The Damned
Account deleted
I'm upset that they are calling it quits but I can understand why they are. Even though they will be gone they will always live with their fans I love Dissection and they are a huge influence on my band. They may be gone but they will remain one of my personall favorites forever. HAILZ TO DISSECTION! Let us fans give them a great farewell.

Hits total: 4337 | This month: 16