Metal Storm logo
Porta Nigra - Share New Song

German duo Porta Nigra premiere a new song, called "Das Rad Des Ixion". It is taken from the band's forthcoming new album, Schöpfungswut, which will hit the stores on January 17th through Soulseller Records.

Commented the band: "Deaf Forever Magazine is presenting the new Track "Das Rad Des Ixion" ("The Wheel Of Ixion") from our upcoming record. Its the second track on the album Schöpfungswut and more midtempo-based with some more aggressive outbreaks in the "refrain" section as well as an ambience-part and a classic rock solo. Musically it could be seen as a connection point to "Der Letzte Ton" ("The Last Tone/Note") from our last album Kaiserschnitt. That song was maybe the only trace left of what could have been called 'Black Metal' in any way back then. Subconscious it was a bridge to a new chapter. Close your eyes and listen to our story of Ixion, the most malicious entity among the characters of Greek mythology and a basic figure of human decadence for us."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Porta Nigra
Posted: 11.12.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 30 users
11.12.2019 - 11:44
Desha
delicious dish
It's... Kind of similar to the other one? And as such also a bit of a grower and I like it now. Still don't like the new approach of "very standard black metal and a bunch of talking above it", and I think if the whole album turns out to be like this, it would not be a good listen. But hey maybe they will have songs that don't sound like this.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
11.12.2019 - 20:21
nikarg
Staff
Both songs revealed are straightforward black metal, so very different from what we know from Porta Nigra and a bit Mgla-ish, Drudkh-ish, that kind of thing. Both songs are excellent though. MS crowd (including myself) is going to love this because it's very melodic and catchy black metal without being cheesy.

Hits total: 964 | This month: 11