Metal Storm logo
Acoustic Black Metal

16.06.2007 - 17:30
Xaphiris
An unrecognized genre that uses acoustic guitars and non-conventional instruments [usually common household items]. It has the purpose of satirizing and making fun of Black Metal bands that are taken too seriously by fans or the band themselves. The genre is closely related to Imapled Northern Moonforest, the band that started it all.

Acoustic black metal is the genre given to Imapled Northern Moonforest and the numerous bands spawned by the band's fanbase.

Discuss and hail Acoustic Black Metal!
----
16.06.2007 - 17:35
Xaphiris
----
16.06.2007 - 17:50
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Lol! Thats so funny, what the hell is the guy saying on the song "Impaled Northern Moonforest" lol there is no possible way to understand
----
16.06.2007 - 18:08
Xaphiris
Hahaha, that's the point of it all. Making fun of the bullshit aberrations of some BM bands...

Here's my ABM band: http://www.invertedxvortex.acousticblackmetal.org
----
17.06.2007 - 01:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
well Im not shore its wright forum but ok
IMO such term and genre dont exist because its something mi between ambient, nouse, mimimalistic music, neo-folk, neaoclassical musicand lil funeral doom
Its based on acustic songs, fold instruments, piano sessions into it only whats from BM ist can be luyrics even themes and wariations about it are so huge that I dunno how even explain it ok bands like Elend, Armauk , Ulver, Arcturus , and so on can be here because such type of band sdont play pure BM and if you chek more those genres what I sugets you will find some good band sthere
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.06.2007 - 01:24
Ernis
狼獾
I knew two guys who once came out with a little "experiment"....they had a plan of creating a black metal spoof band and so they did a similar thing here....well....the vocals and guitar were there.....a cardboard box and pencils were used as drums....the lyrical themes were awfully deep...."Ancient Stones....ancient stones....potato is grmpotato or sth...." and "Old treeeeees.....old treeees are ancient and taaallll!".....such were their visions.....
17.06.2007 - 09:29
Xaphiris
Written by Bad English on 17.06.2007 at 01:02

well Im not shore its wright forum but ok
IMO such term and genre dont exist because its something mi between ambient, nouse, mimimalistic music, neo-folk, neaoclassical musicand lil funeral doom
Its based on acustic songs, fold instruments, piano sessions into it only whats from BM ist can be luyrics even themes and wariations about it are so huge that I dunno how even explain it ok bands like Elend, Armauk , Ulver, Arcturus , and so on can be here because such type of band sdont play pure BM and if you chek more those genres what I sugets you will find some good band sthere

I'm pretty sure you didn't get what Acoustic Black Metal [ABM] was... It has nothing to do with Ulver or Arcturus or any of the generally accepted bands, unless it criticizes and parodies one of them.

Go to the Impaled Northern Moonforest website and download the songs. Reading the Wikipedia article will help understand and I'll try to summarize what ABM is about:

ABM is not the name of BM music that is less raw and Necro. The aim of ABM is to satirize the elitism of black metal by exaggeratedly labeling things trve [true], kvlt [cult], grim an frostbitten or gay, ungrim and lukewarm. The ABM community has a way of inventing new words to describe the trveness or gayness of things. It is a pun on homophobia, antisemitism, xenophobia, racism and the nationalism of Norwegian black metal [see oxymora like "true Norwegian black metal from Somerville"].

ABM is a genre of "music" described by some as acoustic noise because some bands/songs discard riffs, rhythm, melody and lyrics [but not vocals] altogether. However, this is certainly not the case with all bands/songs. A few bands do use actual lyrics but in most cases unintelligible rasping, screaming and growling is used instead. Drumming is provided by knee-slapping, hand clapping or percussion of any lame household item and thus these items are rendered "trve" and "kvlt". A lot of bands do try to render sounds that give off an evil vibe, while others aim for furious noise and insane screaming.

Most of the times the songs follow Impaled Northern Moonforest's [INM] tradition of using very long and absurd titles that exaggerate on whatever they are trying to describe. These songs are usually short in duration and it is tradition to release short albums [EPs, probably inherited from parent grind band Anal Cunt]. The media for these albums are usually MP3 recordings by PCs [Audacity being a common sound recorder] or analogue cassettes [another joke on the trveness and "undergroundness" of some BM bands].

Some figures have become legend to the community [like the Necroyeti, the Moongoats, the Norwegian Necrobobsledders or the Necrowizard]. The community is largely made up of metalheads that actually listen to or even play black metal. They are not against black metal, they just manage to keep an open mind about things. The community today is only a fragment of its former self. The first forums were unfairly shut down and an attempt to bring the community back together turned out to be a joke and a childish act of betrayal, which led to the further dissolution of the scene. A lot of bands and forum members have gone quiet and as webmaster of the site for the scene [me being "Grakhsfziiimtsothur"], it is my duty to bring the old "necrolytes" and new "grimlings" back.

The bottom line is that you have to be on the ABM forum and do ABM to truly understand ABM.
----
17.06.2007 - 13:50
_Wotan_
At last a post about ABM, god this is probably the most trve kvlt frostbittern and grim music ever. Now metal storm will suffer the invasion of the necro -bobsledding legions
Hail the Necrowizard!:necro:
----
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!
[center][/center]
17.06.2007 - 17:18
Xaphiris
Grimdeed! The hordes of Upper Northern Norway are coming! Join now or perish by the perpetual wrath of the Necrowizard! :[
----
17.06.2007 - 19:09
_Wotan_
This is for the people who doesn't know jet the mighty necrowizard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8cPTlFpx9o
----
[center][/center]
18.06.2007 - 00:43
Ernis
狼獾
Written by _Wotan_ on 17.06.2007 at 19:09

This is for the people who doesn't know jet the mighty necrowizard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8cPTlFpx9o

I believe this video summarized pretty much all the main ideas and goals of the ULTIMATE tro0 Norwegian BM XD
18.06.2007 - 12:09
Xaphiris
So what do you guys think? Can it be a genre itself or is something only a genre after showing unparalleled originality and notoriety?
----
18.06.2007 - 20:31
Ernis
狼獾
I think it can be a genre of its own...and I like this genre...well...we may think that for example Immortal could also pass as a representative of this particular genre ЖD (though they aren't exactly acoustic)...regarding their ultimate tro0ness....but I think that it's fine...metal does need such genres which cast some funny light on it as well.....
18.06.2007 - 20:57
Xaphiris
True... however this genre is in the danger of disappearing as seen by some...
----
18.06.2007 - 21:11
Ernis
狼獾
I don't believe so...there are always people who see the funny and dumb side of black metal....
18.06.2007 - 21:57
Vunts
Is like...I made a download of the songs and I like very much okay! Sorry my language is not the best, I'm too kvlt for my good own. Veels like only yesterday when I was bloodlustvully praising satan's unholy almightiness in the woods at midnight by a grim and vrostbitten gay bar. But alas taken I was by the grim and vrostbitten moongoats of the north. I brain dead whorshipier ov ABM now. Tainted for ever I am.
18.06.2007 - 22:13
_Wotan_
Bluecifer, MS is falling against our hordes Muhahahaha (the grimmest laugh you'll ever will read )
----
[center][/center]
19.06.2007 - 10:45
Xaphiris
It is the will of the insidious Necrolytes! *satanic grin*
----
19.06.2007 - 11:00
Xaphiris
Written by Ernis on 18.06.2007 at 21:11

I don't believe so...there are always people who see the funny and dumb side of black metal....

Of course there will always be people who will mock all that kvltness. I meant that the current scene itself is diminishing. A lot of forum veterans have disappeared or have put ABM on hold, while we were doing something worth while. It all started with the original forum getting locked and the eventual downfall of www.necrobation.org. Then some fag in his 20s played a lame prank on people by running a similar site for a few months and then framing a hack attack. It was in fact he who deleted the site and the forum, not a hacker. Since then, we've been struggling to necrobate on a www.bizhat.com forum. I've registered a domain and started providing web hosting for a bunch of ABM bands while the transgression from one forum to the other is still very incomplete as a lot of people hate the idea of having to move again. To their unholy reassurance, I will archive all of the old forum.

My goal here is to start satanical conversations about ABM and recruit whoever is willing.
----
19.06.2007 - 11:55
Xaphiris
Looks like the topic has been moved to the extreme metal category... I guess extreme metal is also metal that is hardly metal [thus being at an extremity of whatever shape metal takes...] and it's not just metal that is extreme in technicality, sound and image...
----
19.06.2007 - 12:13
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Xaphiris on 19.06.2007 at 11:55

Looks like the topic has been moved to the extreme metal category... I guess extreme metal is also metal that is hardly metal [thus being at an extremity of whatever shape metal takes...] and it's not just metal that is extreme in technicality, sound and image...

I have moved it to the extreme metal forum because Acoustic black metal is a subgenre of black metal. I wouldn't really call it a genre, more like..some people who are just bored and want to make fun of black metal. However, officially, it is a subgenre of black metal, so it belongs in the extreme metal forum.
19.06.2007 - 12:46
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Its like a new version of Anal Cunt, lol i wonder why people make a JOKE band. Its plain boring stupidity .... Anal Cunt members are in the band 'Imapled Northern Moonforest' and yes its just another band which is nothing then a JOKE. Seems good once a while but nothing worth checking .... was listening Inverted Crossvortex - Descent Of Ravenous Cloudfire album it sounds more like atmospheric electronic acoustic solo project.

Just wanted to ask why you all guys CLAIM that you play Black Metal , for god sake your music is no where near the black metal. Stop doing all jokes, and even you do please remove the black metal tags.

Like Anal Cunt Imapled Northern Moonforest is another stupid band whom most of the people tag as wanna be band. ehhhhhh ?! To each his own. But yes got something new to listen thanks for that ( no wonder how boring it was ).
19.06.2007 - 13:19
Vunts
Gotta disagree here Hembrom. I aint a black metal fanatic, but the "riffs" in Impaled Northern Moonforest are mostly black. Just listen carefully: they're cold and aggressive and whatnot else that I don't know the words for. The production is crap, the vocals are grim. It's got everything a black metal has to have...Yup, screw the electric guitar and bass. THIS is the new age
19.06.2007 - 13:59
Xaphiris
Written by AntaeusM on 19.06.2007 at 12:13

Written by Xaphiris on 19.06.2007 at 11:55

I have moved it to the extreme metal forum because Acoustic black metal is a subgenre of black metal. I wouldn't really call it a genre, more like..some people who are just bored and want to make fun of black metal. However, officially, it is a subgenre of black metal, so it belongs in the extreme metal forum.

It ain't rally a sub-genre of black metal, just cuz it bears the words black metal on it... just like Metal Storm being a company specializing in metallurgy, they have nothing to do with music.

Metal = Drums + Distorted Electric Guitars. There are few such things in ABM and even then it feels like a fusion between 2 distant things. Pure ABM is rather acoustic noise and the name itself is a pun on BM. But anyways... thanks for moving it. It helped and I guess it DOES belong in the extreme metal forum...
----
19.06.2007 - 14:12
_Wotan_
I do belive that ABM is a subgenere of BM, they had the same guitar riffs and a blasting knee-drumming. For me INM sounds as Immortal but unpluged. Check out Lord Vader Abazagorath This is a cober of Freezing Moon by MayheM
----
[center][/center]
19.06.2007 - 14:23
Xaphiris
Written by Hembrom on 19.06.2007 at 12:46

Its like a new version of Anal Cunt, lol i wonder why people make a JOKE band. Its plain boring stupidity .... Anal Cunt members are in the band 'Imapled Northern Moonforest' and yes its just another band which is nothing then a JOKE. Seems good once a while but nothing worth checking .... was listening Inverted Crossvortex - Descent Of Ravenous Cloudfire album it sounds more like atmospheric electronic acoustic solo project.

Just wanted to ask why you all guys CLAIM that you play Black Metal , for god sake your music is no where near the black metal. Stop doing all jokes, and even you do please remove the black metal tags.

Like Anal Cunt Imapled Northern Moonforest is another stupid band whom most of the people tag as wanna be band. ehhhhhh ?! To each his own. But yes got something new to listen thanks for that ( no wonder how boring it was ).

PAY ATTENTION TO MY WORDS. I WISH TO HAVE NO AMBIGUITY IN MY POSTS SO PEOPLE WILL NOT START TWISTING OUT WHAT I SAY.

Acoustic black metal does not want to be black metal. Acoustic black metal was never seen as the future of black metal. It is a joke because a lot of things considered trve and kvlt in real life, are in fact childish, absurd and gay. "atmospheric electronic acoustic solo project" WTF is "electronic acoustic"? or did you mean "electric acoustic"? WTF is that then? Excuse me... That's one album, inspired by the solo project "Xasthur" and his "astral journey" lyrics, the next album ridicules excessive Tolkien influence in black metal [which I see as gay] its different and the next is totally different.

We claim to play black metal because a lot of bands that once played black metal, don't really play that but it gets mislabeled as "black metal" by either the fans or ironically, the bands themselves. This, or the band never played black metal but claimed at on point that they did. ABM protests against such behavior in a sarcastic way. The other use of the phrase "trve black metal" is to send "posers" running away... Another pun on how a bunch of bands attack posers, while being fakes themselves.

However the community has developed a sense of humor based on a lot of irony and would see direct attacks to BM as stupid and wrong. For instance, some people called Varg Vikernes a fag, fact which upset the community. If you were to parody Burzum in an ABM project... that would be kvlt. If you were to hail Burzum in an ABM project... that would also be kvlt.

It takes a special kind of intelligence, humor and open mindedness to understand ABM. Black metallers who are too anal about it probably wont understand... As I see it, a lot of people form the East, where the whole idea of black metal seems to be vague... don't get ABM and take it as an offence. I'm sorry for them.
----
19.06.2007 - 14:42
Vunts
Wow...this seems to go a lot deeper than I initially thought...Gotta apoligize if I said anything contradicting in my previous post...
19.06.2007 - 16:38
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Xaphiris on 19.06.2007 at 14:23

Written by Hembrom on 19.06.2007 at 12:46

It takes a special kind of intelligence, humor and open mindedness to understand ABM. Black metallers who are too anal about it probably wont understand... As I see it, a lot of people form the East, where the whole idea of black metal seems to be vague... don't get ABM and take it as an offence. I'm sorry for them.

Felt like a black metal n00b.

But i will stick to it maybe one day i will grow up and will understand the music you guys play.

Cheers.
19.06.2007 - 19:24
Xaphiris
It is a most interesting phenomenon... The way I got it, after some time, people were getting really anal about ABM, they were getting serious about it and too kvlt for their own good. They ruined the original forum with flames. That's why we have the Battlefield thread, where you may bash anyone, anytime. We will try to keep the new forum grim and frostbitten, and not repeat the same bullshit a lot of other metalheads do [like not parody BM overtrveness while becoming shitheads ourselves]. Of course, Acoustic Black Metal ist Krieg! - posers will always be the perpetual enemy of ABM. We want them dead.

I see some people joined up from around here... Grim helcome! Go hail the Necrowizard and some grim and frostbitten ABM. Its no use otherwise... :[
----
20.06.2007 - 01:23
Xaphiris
A quick not to people who are gonna register in the future: use a blasphemously grim and satanically frostbitten name.
----