Metal Storm logo
Most Glorious Viking/Folk Metal Vocalist?

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 18.06.2007 - 09:12
Folk Metal is a fairly new genre (though it was started a while ago we havnt seen such a jump in folk/viking metal bands as we have in recent years) and along with this unique form of music we also see more unique vocalists to fit the music, voices that might otherwise be considered terrible, but like said, they fit the music nicely. Above I put 7 of what I believe to be some of the most well known folk/viking metal bands, and a wide variety of different vocal styles. I am aware Ensiferum and Finntroll both have had a change in vocalists but I put up what I believed to be there vocalist during there prime (to date), so theres the 'Other' option, which is there for all of you who love your underground bands (so please dont bitch about who should or shouldnt be on the poll, just vote other and specify). AND PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR POSTS/REASONS FOR WHO YOU VOTED FOR!

Now for my vote, I voted for Warlord Nygard from Turisas, he has so many different vocal styles, he can go from raspy almost punky sounding singing to black metal-esque singing (most recently shown in the new album) to death growls to clean singing that has a very unique timbre to it making it hard to grow bored of. Not to mention he writes almost all the music including all the orchestrations and neat lyrics.

Poll

Which Is The Best Folk/Viking Metal Vocalist?

Jari Maenpaa (Ensiferum)
Other (please specify)....
Mathias "Warlord" Nygard (Turisas)
Ville Seponpoika Sorvali (Moonsorrow)
Jonne Jarvela (Korpiklaani)
Heri Joensen (Tyr)
Vratyas Vakyas (Falkenbach)
Tapio Wilska (Finntroll)
Damnagoras (Elvenking)

Total votes: 138
18.08.2011 - 22:14
xanderman666

Although I was thinking Turisas, Moonsorrow got my vote. Everytime I listen to them, it makes me want to go to battle