Metal Storm logo
Mono

20.06.2007 - 03:07
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
These guys are absolutely breathtaking. Probably my favorite post-rock group.These guys formed in Japan in the late 99/early 2000. Unfortunately I don't own as much as I'd like but I own enough. These guys are so great, and the music they create is just so beautiful. They also maintain a great relationship with their fans. My favorite song is probably A Thousand Paper Cranes or Lost Snow. So tell me if you've heard of, or listened to them before. Let us discuss this amazing band!
10.02.2008 - 00:14
doomina
Account deleted
i just know 3 or 4 songs, but they are simply mindblowing ... i think i have to order some cds.
they are simply amazing, very athmospheric and easy ... the perfect soundtrack for lying in bed and embracing the one you love.
awesome, awesome, awesome.
11.02.2008 - 21:59
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I saw them live, and while it actually took longer to set up their equipment than it took for them to play, I still enjoyed them. They were very mesmerizing on stage, not just because of their music, but because of their actions. Emotion, that is the longing, euphoric feeling and ofttimes happy urges you get from Post Rock seem to be present in every band in the genre, and Mono is no exception. Excellent music.
----
The force will be with you, always.
10.03.2008 - 22:16
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 11.02.2008 at 21:59

I saw them live, and while it actually took longer to set up their equipment than it took for me to play, I still enjoyed them. They were very mesmerizing on stage, not just because of their music, but because of their actions. Emotion, that is the longing, euphoric feeling and ofttimes happy urges you get from Post Rock seem to be present in every band in the genre, and Mono is no exception. Excellent music.

I completely agree with you, they are among the best in post rock, and are my favorite post rock group! You are very lucky to have seen them! Where did you see them at?
10.03.2008 - 22:18
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Guest on 10.03.2008 at 22:16

I saw them live, and while it actually took longer to set up their equipment than it took for me to play, I still enjoyed them. They were very mesmerizing on stage, not just because of their music, but because of their actions. Emotion, that is the longing, euphoric feeling and ofttimes happy urges you get from Post Rock seem to be present in every band in the genre, and Mono is no exception. Excellent music.

I completely agree with you, they are among the best in post rock, and are my favorite post rock group! You are very lucky to have seen them! Where did you see them at?

I saw them at a place called The Bottleneck in Lawerence, Kansas. They were supporting Pelican along with Russian Circles.
----
10.03.2008 - 22:35
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 10.03.2008 at 22:18

I saw them at a place called The Bottleneck in Lawerence, Kansas. They were supporting Pelican along with Russian Circles.

Wow that must of been quite the experience! I have never been a big fan of pelican, but Russian Circles are quite good.
10.03.2008 - 22:38
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Guest on 10.03.2008 at 22:35

Wow that must of been quite the experience! I have never been a big fan of pelican, but Russian Circles are quite good.

Oh most definitely. Russian Circles were amazing live. I ended up buying their CD 'Enter' and am very happy with it. Them and Pelican came back a few months later, but it was an 18 and over show, and at the time I wasn't 18. I was of course deeply saddened.
----
10.03.2008 - 22:41
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 10.03.2008 at 22:38

Written by Guest on 10.03.2008 at 22:35

Oh most definitely. Russian Circles were amazing live. I ended up buying their CD 'Enter' and am very happy with it. Them and Pelican came back a few months later, but it was an 18 and over show, and at the time I wasn't 18. I was of course deeply saddened.

Ah man that always sucks, you have no idea how many times that have happened to me. Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian just to name a few. I have bad experiences when attempting to attend a concert, such as a car just happened to break down and cost a grand to fix, haha so i know your pain.
17.03.2008 - 20:49
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I like 'em alot... they sound very similar to Pelican IMO.
The kicks ass Not the typical japanese band, deffinitely.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
17.03.2008 - 21:20
Damnated
Churchburner
they are rather average, and sound too unfocused. there are far greater post-rock bands out there.

also, there is a trip-hop band called Mono. they are great on the other hand.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
29.04.2008 - 08:49
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 17.03.2008 at 21:20

they are rather average, and sound too unfocused. there are far greater post-rock bands out there.

I honestly have no idea what you mean by unfocused? That to me is an absurd statement and really needs more explanation. Who do you think is better, I am curious to know!
29.04.2008 - 10:14
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 29.04.2008 at 08:49

I honestly have no idea what you mean by unfocused? That to me is an absurd statement and really needs more explanation. Who do you think is better, I am curious to know!

by unfocused i mean that their music isn't cohesive. they have ideas but they can't put them together. the music sounds like a brainstorm to me.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
05.07.2008 - 21:35
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 29.04.2008 at 10:14

Written by Guest on 29.04.2008 at 08:49

by unfocused i mean that their music isn't cohesive. they have ideas but they can't put them together. the music sounds like a brainstorm to me.

Either I'm deaf or you need to listen to them more. Everytime I have listened to them, every song seems to be "put together". I can't help but feel you are one of the only people if not the only person who feels that their music isn't put together.
20.07.2008 - 04:13
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
A very beautiful band... I really want some cds by them since their music is so mindblowing it makes me almost cry.

I like when the beginning is so calm and then everything seems like a fucking storm of pure orgasm.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.08.2008 - 02:56
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
@ Mr. Doctor: Just like Pelican
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
08.12.2008 - 23:29
Duy Hung
Account deleted
When i saw the name and the tracklist of their upcoming album (which will be out in a few months, yay!) the first thing to appear in my mind was : Power Metal??! I told this to some of my friends who are into Post-rock but not Metal and they didn't quite get it, but you guys here on MS.., i think you'll see what i mean
20.03.2009 - 19:56
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 01.08.2008 at 02:56

well, just like every post-rock or post-metal band
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
28.03.2009 - 16:42
Elio
Red Nightmare
Well, their last album is complete averageness, yawn.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
28.03.2009 - 20:13
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Elio on 20.03.2009 at 19:56

So you're saying that every post-rock band pretty much do the same thing?

About the new album... I just heard one song and Iwasn't paying much attention, but it's not bad imo.
Although right now I'm just listening to You are there which is awesome.
----
Rod, let me love you.
28.03.2009 - 20:32
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.03.2009 at 20:13

Written by Elio on 20.03.2009 at 19:56

So you're saying that every post-rock band pretty much do the same thing?

About the new album... I just heard one song and Iwasn't paying much attention, but it's not bad imo.
Although right now I'm just listening to You are there which is awesome.

I'm not saying that. Post-Rock is one of my favourite genre. Only I found it boring and repetitive, although it has some great moments.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
28.03.2009 - 20:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Elio on 28.03.2009 at 20:32

I'm not saying that. Post-Rock is one of my favourite genre. Only I found it boring and repetitive, although it has some great moments.

I understand. Although it's hard to understand how a genre that is repetitive and boring can be at the same time one of your favorite genres

Btw... You can delete one of your posts XD
----
Rod, let me love you.
28.03.2009 - 20:38
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.03.2009 at 20:35

Written by Elio on 28.03.2009 at 20:32

I understand. Although it's hard to understand how a genre that is repetitive and boring can be at the same time one of your favorite genres

Btw... You can delete one of your posts XD

lol done. Anyway it's the album that is boring, not the genre
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
30.05.2010 - 18:46
Stigmatized
I've been a fan of these guys for awhile now, and I'm seeing this live this coming Saturday. It took awhile for me to get into their albums, but it all kind of clicked into place when I heard their newest one. I have to disagree with Elio and the newest one is anything but average IMO. "Hymn to the Immortal Wind" has a lot of emotion and amazing parts in it. It had me on first listen.