Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian

Original post

Posted by Judas, 21.06.2007 - 14:35
Alright, since the old thread was locked because we posted to the limit, here's the new one!

To get us re-started, I think I'll wish Frederik a Happy 29th Birthday.

Also, have any of you bought the 'Another Stranger Me' single, and if so, do you recommend getting it? I usually don't get EPs and singles, but if they're good then I can make exceptions. I've already seen the video (which was weird, at least for Blind Guardian), but some of the songs are new. Also, any comments on their appearance at Hellfest would be much appreciated, from those fortunate enough to see them there.
12.09.2010 - 00:42
Sulac

Planning on going to the December 22 show in Springfield... So excited.
22.09.2010 - 07:01
fade
Son of Sweden
Good for you East Coasters because unless things have changed they are not coming over to the West coast... Boo I say.:gunner:
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
22.09.2010 - 14:36
Malevolent-Jim

I may have been a bit late to the Blind-Guardian-are-awesome-party, but I firmly believe that "At The Edge Of Time" is the finest album of 2010 so far!I'd love to see them live too!
23.09.2010 - 22:37
BattleHamster

I just got my ticket to see them in Minneapolis. I've never seen them before, so I'm very excited. I'm terrified that I'll be horribly sick or something that day and end up not being able to see them.
26.09.2010 - 16:07
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
With many liking the latest Blind Guardian album, I actually decided to go back and revisit their very first record. And holy crap! I have not been into Power Metal for some time, but "Battalions of Fear" rocks. This is some raw, thrashy Power Metal. I mean you'd never call this Flower Metal. This CD is the real deal.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
26.09.2010 - 16:30
RavenKing

Written by K✞ulu on 26.09.2010 at 16:07

With many liking the latest Blind Guardian album, I actually decided to go back and revisit their very first record. And holy crap! I have not been into Power Metal for some time, but "Battalions of Fear" rocks. This is some raw, thrashy Power Metal. I mean you'd never call this Flower Metal. This CD is the real deal.

Totally agree. As much as I like extreme metal and I'm not into Powermetal, I would never call this album flowermetal. Among the rare stuff I still like from the Powermetal genre.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
26.09.2010 - 16:47
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Every single BG album has songs, that are absolutely awesome
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.09.2010 - 19:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 26.09.2010 at 16:47

Well maybe last 3 there canb be 1 song, till Nightfall there was ewery single sonh who was awesome
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2010 - 23:27
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Bad English on 26.09.2010 at 19:04

Well maybe last 3 there canb be 1 song, till Nightfall there was ewery single sonh who was awesome

For example:

A Night At The Opera: Battlefield, The Soulforged.

A Twist In The Myth: This Will Never End, Otherland.

At The Edge Of Time: Tanelorn, Ride Into Obsession.

27.09.2010 - 11:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Apart from songs Vikcen mentioned:

A Night At The Opera - And Then There Was Silence, The Maiden And The Minstrel Knight, PUNISHMENT DIVINE
A Twist In The Myth - Turn The Page, Skalds And Shadows
At The Edge Of Time - Curse My Name, War Of The Thrones

simply every BG album IS great
----

27.09.2010 - 13:04
GT
Coffee!!

That is totally true. Nothing flower about early BG
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.09.2010 - 20:28
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Ellrohir on 27.09.2010 at 11:11

Apart from songs Vikcen mentioned:

A Night At The Opera - And Then There Was Silence, The Maiden And The Minstrel Knight, PUNISHMENT DIVINE
A Twist In The Myth - Turn The Page, Skalds And Shadows
At The Edge Of Time - Curse My Name, War Of The Thrones

simply every BG album IS great

Yeah, these songs are some of the best ballads into the metal (The Maiden And The Minstrel Knight, Skalds And Shadows, Curse My Name).

And Then There Was Silence, one of the best long duration's metal song, absolutly awesome.

PUNISHMENT DIVINE, what i'm going to say about this song, simply awesome.
28.09.2010 - 03:10
Pazu

Written by Vikcen on 26.09.2010 at 23:27

For example:

Honestly, "Tanelorn" and "Ride Into Obsession" are awesome, but I dare say they pale in comparison to "Sacred Worlds". This track is Power Metal in perfection. It features probably the greatest intro I've ever heard in a song and follows with alternating pace and heavy material with good lyrics and a catchy as heck melody. I also think that this song pretty much sums up Blind Guardian in a nutshell, just like "Center Of The Universe" does it for Kamelot. At the moment, "Sacred Worlds" really is my favorite song of the band, and my GOD I love the orchestra parts in it.

I have to agree with everyone else though. There is no BG album without masterpieces. I think they are the leading power metal band in the world right now.
28.09.2010 - 06:31
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Pazu on 28.09.2010 at 03:10

Written by Vikcen on 26.09.2010 at 23:27

For example:

Honestly, "Tanelorn" and "Ride Into Obsession" are awesome, but I dare say they pale in comparison to "Sacred Worlds". This track is Power Metal in perfection. It features probably the greatest intro I've ever heard in a song and follows with alternating pace and heavy material with good lyrics and a catchy as heck melody. I also think that this song pretty much sums up Blind Guardian in a nutshell, just like "Center Of The Universe" does it for Kamelot. At the moment, "Sacred Worlds" really is my favorite song of the band, and my GOD I love the orchestra parts in it.

I have to agree with everyone else though. There is no BG album without masterpieces. I think they are the leading power metal band in the world right now.

Well, maybe i put these songs ("Tanelorn" and "Ride Into Obsession") because they are more accessible for the Blind Guardian's standards than "Sacred Worlds", yeah the intro is absolutly awesome, but in this line i prefer "Wheel Of Time", more epic . Also i have to say that this album, is one of the most regular for me, i mean that almost all songs are favorite for me, it is hard for me highlight any song in this album, but i can say what song is the most weak "War Of The Thrones" imo.
28.09.2010 - 12:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And i am the one who love "War Of The Thrones"
----

01.10.2010 - 00:48
BattleHamster

I love "War of the Thrones," but I like the acoustic version better than the piano version.
01.10.2010 - 22:52
Wyrd

Written by BattleHamster on 01.10.2010 at 00:48

I love "War of the Thrones," but I like the acoustic version better than the piano version.

I agree, I wish the acoustic version was on the album and not the piano one.

By the way I just got my tickets in the male for the Nov 26th show in Toronto!!! It's going to be biblical!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
05.11.2010 - 00:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Wyrd on 01.10.2010 at 22:52

Written by BattleHamster on 01.10.2010 at 00:48

I agree, I wish the acoustic version was on the album and not the piano one.

By the way I just got my tickets in the male for the Nov 26th show in Toronto!!! It's going to be biblical!

indeed, if there is any band that is more epic the bigger the audience, it is Blind Guardian. i still remember it was the second ever metal show i attended, 3 and a half years ago almost. 18.05.2007 - one of the most epic days of my life.

i still remember there were soo many short hot hipster girls in the concert area.. weird, but Vali approved.

Written by Hylia on 08.03.2010 at 11:39

I love Blind Guardian! they are the best band in the world, period. I listen to nightfall in middle earth like everyday and follow the blind. I really hope they do a north american tour soon.

hahah, i remember now from which movie that line is..

*BG walks on stage* Hansi says: what's up, me and Andre wrote this song five minutes ago, it's called "Valhalla"

shit i just came back half an hour ago. it was fucking epic, although they didn´t play a few of my absolute favorites (lord of the rings, the last candle)
08.11.2010 - 20:45
Varegan
Hamranakara
I have a feeling like no body loves "Wheel of Time" as much as i do :p
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
08.11.2010 - 21:20
Vikcen
Metálico
Hey, here are my impressions of my first concert of Blind Guardian: http://www.metalstorm.net/events/event.php?event_id=42988&page=&message_id=
08.11.2010 - 21:36
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Varegan on 08.11.2010 at 20:45

How much do you love it? I think it's a very good song, second only to Sacred Worlds, but it's not as good as a hot cup of coffee on a cold winter's morning. The album as a whole is that good, though.
08.11.2010 - 23:24
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Guest on 08.11.2010 at 21:36

How much do you love it? I think it's a very good song, second only to Sacred Worlds, but it's not as good as a hot cup of coffee on a cold winter's morning. The album as a whole is that good, though.

of course not as good as that hot cup of coffee, but when i imagine all of the huge production and guest musicians and epic stuff in this one, i cant change it with Sacred Worlds, sw is nice indeed but it could be better, they didn't change the same song they recorded two years ago, just added some orchestral parts to its begining and end.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
12.11.2010 - 03:18
Ag Fox
Angel No More

I love it. If it wasn't for that song, I would not rate the album 7. I guess I love the books more though XD
----
loves 小巫
12.11.2010 - 17:52
Vikcen
Metálico
"Wheel of Time" is incredible, one of the best of Blind Guardian.
18.11.2010 - 05:38
Susan
Smeghead
Written by GT on 27.09.2010 at 13:04

Agreed, but I take it further. There is nothing "flower" metal about ANY Blind Guardian, early or late. No matter if they play with orchestral elements or sing about cheesy fantasy topics with sing-a-long choruses, they remain completely and totally badass and classic. It's what makes them special: badassitude.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
18.11.2010 - 12:42
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Susan on 18.11.2010 at 05:38

Written by GT on 27.09.2010 at 13:04

Agreed, but I take it further. There is nothing "flower" metal about ANY Blind Guardian, early or late. No matter if they play with orchestral elements or sing about cheesy fantasy topics with sing-a-long choruses, they remain completely and totally badass and classic. It's what makes them special: badassitude.

I've actually been thinking the same thing everytime I read that post Might have to change it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.11.2010 - 12:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Saw them 2 weeks ago in Barcelona. they played for almost 2 hours and started "Majesty" at the request of the audience(it was on the setlist of the tour but probably not planned for that night), i think that says quite enough about the concert
18.11.2010 - 14:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 18.11.2010 at 12:52

Saw them 2 weeks ago in Barcelona. they played for almost 2 hours and started "Majesty" at the request of the audience(it was on the setlist of the tour but probably not planned for that night), i think that says quite enough about the concert

Was there Run For The Night

There no metter whatbut I hate BG after Nightfall, before thay played awesome muisc, 1th speed metal, then go to power, but good power and after Nightfall they becaim cheasyflower
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.12.2010 - 22:05
Wyrd

Written by Bad English on 18.11.2010 at 14:55

There no metter whatbut I hate BG after Nightfall, before thay played awesome muisc, 1th speed metal, then go to power, but good power and after Nightfall they becaim cheasyflower

Hmm? I don't really see At the Edge of time being so cheesy. It was heavy and well written. But I geuss some people only want more of the same thing over and over again.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
16.12.2010 - 15:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 18.11.2010 at 14:55

nah, but they did play some of the obscure stuff like Time What is Time, Mordred's Song and Traveler in Time.