06. S2N
07. At Wit's End
08. Out Of Reach
09. Pale Blue Dot
10. Viper King [bonus]

Staff review by
musclassia
Rating:
Dream Theater have trimmed down and are back with a punch.

Read more ››
published 05.03.2019 | Comments (20)

Found in 50 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 382 users
18.02.2020 - 22:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I listened to the album for a few times before seeing DT live last saturday and I didn't quite enjoy it. But after the live performance I have found my way into this one. "Fall Into The Light", "Barstool Warrior" and "At Wit's End" are great live, even better on the album, and there are other great songs as well.
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.08.2020 - 20:04
Rating: 10
mikeprado30

Hey, what the hell happened with all the comments?
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
28.08.2020 - 20:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by mikeprado30 on 28.08.2020 at 20:04

Hey, what the hell happened with all the comments?

Weird bug that happens sometimes where entire threads get wiped.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.09.2020 - 17:47
Rating: 6
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
This is a pretty good album, and an amazing comeback after the disaster that was The Astonishing. It has some very solid riffs and overall pretty short and concise songs (for Dream Theater), such as Paralyzed, Untethered Angel and the only songs I'd really call a masterpiece here, being Pale Blue Dot. The bonus track Viper King is a very odd song for DT but is incredible, like really amaing and I don't get why it's not in the normal release but whatever. There isn't really any weak song here, which had imo not happened to a DT album since Train Of Thoughts, but oddly enough I get bored after a while, because the songs are pretty much all sounding similar, which is not something very common for DT. Overall a nice comeback and definitely the best of the Mangini era, but nothing really outstanding here. Solid 7.5 leaning to an 8.
25.01.2021 - 06:21
Rating: 8
Aries Rising

Their best album since DTOE but the decline in Labrie's vocals are hard to hide now. Also I'm getting tired of Mangini's drum production.

Hits total: 19719 | This month: 41