Metal Storm logo
Ljå

23.06.2007 - 14:19
Lathronniel
Ljå, hailing from Stavanger, Norway, plays fierce and melodic norwegian Black Metal combined with accoustic guitars and melodic riffs.
The music has been compared to early Ulver, Marduk, Gorgoroth and the like. The music is an end result of different individual tastes in extreme metal, with the weight mostly on Black Metal.

Before forming Ljå we all played in various acts since the early 90's.
Ciekals was involved in bands like Neetzach and Malice. Neetzach, which also featured Sanrabb from Gehenna, recorded the demo "Pinselstronen" in '93, but shortly after split up due to various reasons. Neievrut, Askeland and Rebnord played for several years in Knøfflihei, recorded some demos and generally had a good time. Hallwar was one of the founding members of Black Lodge, whom released the CD "Covet" on now-defunct HNF records.

In June 2002 Ciekals joined the Knøfflihei'ers, and together they united against the sun and formed Ljå. The demo EP "Vedderbaug" was recorded Friday 13-15. December 2002 and instantly received hailing critics from around the underground scene and labels. Spring 2003 Hallwar completed Ljå with his striking deathpulse.

Ciekals Guitars
Rebnord Guitars
Neievrut Vocals
Askeland Drums
Hallwar Bass

Releases:
Til Avsky For Livet CD 2006
Til Avsky For Livet LP 2006
Vedderbaug Re-Print 2004
Vedderbaug Tape 2004
Ljå / Koldbrann Split 2004
Vedderbaug Demo 2002
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
24.06.2007 - 08:00
Eternal Flames
Ljå is a fantastic band. One of my favourite black metal bands without a doubt. Til Avsky For Livet is such a great album. I have not heard any of their demos though and I'm still yet to find Vedderbaug anywhere. Anyway, these guys are a very original band with some great songwriting skills. While their production isn't top-notch, their contrast between melodic and extreme riffs is quite satisfying. I'd love to hear some more stuff from the band though. Is Vedderbaug as good as Til Avsky For Livet?
24.06.2007 - 20:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I just chek them out thay are awsome such atmosfere like early 90ties BM bands, realy imo thay are mouts original bm band after 2000 who come from Norway
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.06.2007 - 23:07
Remus
Written by Lathronniel on 23.06.2007 at 14:19

Does that mean that you are part of the band?

Anyway, really good music, i'm downloading the "Vedderbaug - Demo 2002" from the website and its sounding really good so far! Love the guitar distortion!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
25.06.2007 - 11:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Either that, or he quoted it from their biography.

Gonna check this out.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.06.2007 - 14:57
Lathronniel
Written by Remus on 24.06.2007 at 23:07

Written by Lathronniel on 23.06.2007 at 14:19

Does that mean that you are part of the band?

Anyway, really good music, i'm downloading the "Vedderbaug - Demo 2002" from the website and its sounding really good so far! Love the guitar distortion!

I've taken the biography from the official page www.ljaa.net i should have mentioned it
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
25.06.2007 - 15:12
Lathronniel
Written by Eternal Flames on 24.06.2007 at 08:00

Ljå is a fantastic band. One of my favourite black metal bands without a doubt. Til Avsky For Livet is such a great album. I have not heard any of their demos though and I'm still yet to find Vedderbaug anywhere. Anyway, these guys are a very original band with some great songwriting skills. While their production isn't top-notch, their contrast between melodic and extreme riffs is quite satisfying. I'd love to hear some more stuff from the band though. Is Vedderbaug as good as Til Avsky For Livet?

go to the official u can listen the demo and it's great produced
----
26.06.2007 - 00:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 25.06.2007 at 11:43

Gonna check this out.

beter do it you gonna be suprised
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.07.2007 - 16:13
Lathronniel

Gonna check this out.

i quoted it and i'm no 'he' i'm 'she'
----
08.07.2007 - 17:49
Remus
Ok, so i downloaded the whole demo and wow! I'm still a noob when it comes to da whole black metal thang, but this is really good. Maybe, just maybe, i'm starting to understand the whole "low production values" deal ! Oh, and that drummer doesn't kid around, especially on "De Med Pigger" !

P.S

What are those people saying about Satan at the begining of "Skamslaadte Engler"?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
09.07.2007 - 14:40
Lathronniel
Written by Remus on 08.07.2007 at 17:49

Ok, so i downloaded the whole demo and wow! I'm still a noob when it comes to da whole black metal thang, but this is really good. Maybe, just maybe, i'm starting to understand the whole "low production values" deal ! Oh, and that drummer doesn't kid around, especially on "De Med Pigger" !

P.S

What are those people saying about Satan at the begining of "Skamslaadte Engler"?

don't know but is a hell of a track! now the page is suspended they are great band looking forward to continue their work.
----
09.07.2007 - 15:10
APOHAKC
The Bard
I have some releases, never took time to listen to them carefuly but I must say I really like the sound of this band. Well, few songs are really, really good, but again, some material looks boring, anyway, nice band
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
13.07.2007 - 15:29
Bubonic
Not immensely original, but quite enjoyable. Til Avsky For Livet is a solid release, and the first song of the album is maybe the best i heard from them.
14.07.2007 - 17:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Lathronniel on 04.07.2007 at 16:13

Gonna check this out.

Whoops! Sorry.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.07.2007 - 15:04
Lathronniel
Written by Lucas on 14.07.2007 at 17:09

Written by Lathronniel on 04.07.2007 at 16:13

Gonna check this out.

Whoops! Sorry.

I'm so tuff to recodnise that i'm female?
----
20.07.2007 - 15:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Lathronniel on 20.07.2007 at 15:04

If you think that's a compliment, then yes.

And most female users have 'angel' in there name, that's why.
----

20.07.2007 - 15:45
Lathronniel
Written by Lucas on 20.07.2007 at 15:16

Written by Lathronniel on 20.07.2007 at 15:04

If you think that's a compliment, then yes.

And most female users have 'angel' in there name, that's why.

heh I don't nevermind that any way to download the demo of ljaa?i've downloaded from the official but some friends from abroad are interested in that but they can't do it cause the page has been suspended and i haven't net at home to send it to them.
----
20.07.2007 - 15:47
Lathronniel
Written by Bubonic on 13.07.2007 at 15:29

Not immensely original, but quite enjoyable. Til Avsky For Livet is a solid release, and the first song of the album is maybe the best i heard from them.

and the last? great acoustic part into the idea of the music just try listen it while being in forest
----
22.07.2007 - 15:41
Sunioj
Im listening to the album and I must say this is good material, I like the character of the music, I can see myself listening to their stuff on a cold dreary day whilst staring at nothing and thinking nothing.
25.07.2007 - 00:47
Remus
Written by Lathronniel on 20.07.2007 at 15:47

and the last? great acoustic part into the idea of the music just try listen it while being in forest

Right, because "being in the forest" is a totally normal thing which people do everyday! I'm sorry, the whole "black metal people chill in the forest thing" it's just so funny! But yeah the acoustic guitar work is quite serene and gives one a sense of tranquility.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
04.08.2007 - 18:35
Lathronniel
Written by Remus on 25.07.2007 at 00:47

Written by Lathronniel on 20.07.2007 at 15:47

Right, because "being in the forest" is a totally normal thing which people do everyday! I'm sorry, the whole "black metal people chill in the forest thing" it's just so funny! But yeah the acoustic guitar work is quite serene and gives one a sense of tranquility.

so wtf?being in forest is very tranquill thing and gives passion to that acoustic part.i'm practicly grown in forests from early age and yeah it's ordinary thing but for me is glorious because i really love it it's not the black m film pls do nt mix it.
----
15.07.2008 - 00:24
Gwaresh
Account deleted
Written by Remus on 08.07.2007 at 17:49

Original norwegian:
- Hva leser du?
- Bibelen.
- Har ikke du fått nok av Gud?
- Jeg leser ikke om Gud, jeg leser om Satan.

In english:
- What are you reading?
- The bible.
- Haven't you had enough of God?
- I'm not reading about God, I'm reading about Satan.
26.10.2017 - 15:28
BetulaObscura
I have Vedderbaug LP bought many years ago.
Really good stuff!
----
"Inspired by the future of the past"