Metal Storm logo
Featured Bands

28.05.2006 - 05:35
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Im sure alot of people have thought this, but there is no thread about it.
Can we get an alphabetical categorization of the bands again like in the old version?
The reason being is the styles listed dont correlate with the styles i use, probably about 50% right for me actually, i dont really care about that, everyone has different opinions, but when im searching for Therion for example, i type in Symphonic, and get no results (as it doesnt appear in bold), so i try Heavy, not there, and then i resorted the the last one i could tihnk of which was Death, and i found it categorized under
Death Metal
Symphonic Gothic Metal
01.06.2006 - 12:28
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yes, that list was quite good. I liked it. I can imagine such problems with those 'hard too categorize bands'.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.06.2006 - 12:34
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Lucas on 01.06.2006 at 12:28

Yes, that list was quite good. I liked it. I can imagine such problems with those 'hard too categorize bands'.

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/index2.php
01.06.2006 - 12:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Was it there already, and did we miss it? Or did you add it a moment ago. I feel so stupid and blind.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.06.2006 - 12:47
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
I added it yesterday
You can access it by clicking 'Simple list' on the Featured bands index (it's in the submenu).
01.06.2006 - 18:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ok, so I am not that stupid.

The new 'Musicians' section is making me horny, too.
----

03.06.2006 - 16:01
Markku
Account deleted
Will the "bands to add" thread be back or there will be a new system for adding bands( that ofcourse when the site is running smoothly)?
04.06.2006 - 01:06
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Guest on 03.06.2006 at 16:01

Will the "bands to add" thread be back or there will be a new system for adding bands( that ofcourse when the site is running smoothly)?

Just my thoughts
TO Ivan or Jeff. There is a possiblity to add new bands in the bands database
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
04.06.2006 - 01:07
Mega-Slayer
We need Impetigo,Massacre,Bloodfeast,Repulsion,Vio-Lence,Forbidden and Exciter added please.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
04.06.2006 - 09:56
Bash'
:)
Written by Ivan on 01.06.2006 at 12:34

Written by Lucas on 01.06.2006 at 12:28

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/index2.php

wow .. great job Ivan

this gonna make things easier and faster ...

BTW ... a band i think it's really really deserves to be added is "Silent Cry" ; a FFB with style [Symphonic Gothic, Doom] Metal
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
04.06.2006 - 13:04
Markku
Account deleted
Guys don't abuse this thread by "This and that band deserves to be added"

Will the section be back where we can see list of bands which have been updated recently and those numbers which used to be in the top right corner of the site showin how mant featured bands , reviews users there are on the site?

@Dark Cornatus I hope you don't mind bringing this up in this topic!
07.08.2006 - 16:42
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
@lordz: What did Markku just say? lol

The staff say that they can't add every single band anyway.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
21.04.2007 - 00:13
W-Lash
Metal Master
Maybe this thread is not for what i'm going to say but in fact i'm too lazy to find another suitable thread.
So, here it goes:

WTF.
I saw that a new band is added called Be'lakor (http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=2346). I just wanted to know what's that. And what did i see in the discography section? 1 album only. And then i remembered the old "Name bands you want to be added in MS" thread. One of the admins said that only experienced bands (with not only 1 or 2 demos) will be added. And why this Be'lakor is better than other bands? Hmm...
21.04.2007 - 01:14
Ivor
Staff
Written by W-Lash on 21.04.2007 at 00:13

I saw that a new band is added called Be'lakor (http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=2346). I just wanted to know what's that. And what did i see in the discography section? 1 album only. And then i remembered the old "Name bands you want to be added in MS" thread. One of the admins said that only experienced bands (with not only 1 or 2 demos) will be added. And why this Be'lakor is better than other bands? Hmm...

Take it easy, man, relax. The thing is, although the band has only one album, it also has a review written and a Song-by-song interview featured. Furthermore, you can consider that filling the profile completely is authors way of offering an introduction to the band. You read the review and you can immediately find out what this band is about by looking at the complete profile. The bands with one album are not rejected per se. However, they are unlikely to become featured just because someone wants it. Unless someone from staff explicitly puts enough effort into it, the band will remain unfeatured.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on M
21.04.2007 - 02:33