Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost - New Single & Video Clip Launched

Today, Paradise Lost unveil the official video for their first single - "Fall From Grace" - from the Obsidian album, which is coming out on May 15th, 2020 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Vocalist Nick Holmes states: "As a global crisis, it goes without saying Covid 19 has affected everyone and everything, including every aspect of the music industry. As a result, our record label Nuclear Blast offered us the chance to postpone the launch of our latest album Obsidian to a less volatile time later in the year.

"Taking this into consideration, and the fact the live music circuit is currently in lockdown, we think it's unnecessary to postpone the release as we think our fans wouldn't want to wait. Music can be enjoyed in practically any environment, so therefore we are going ahead with the same release date 15.5.20, and we sincerely hope our new album helps to lift your spirits, and is a beacon of light in the dark during these uncertain times! Thanks for your continuous support through the years and see you on the road!

"This is a song about struggling through difficult times, and a point blank refusal to accept that the end is within range."

Guitarist Greg Mackintosh adds: "The first song written for so probably one of the closest in style to the previous album Medusa. It has quite a few different elements to it but is essentially a classic PL song. Doom laden, but hopefully heartfelt and subtle in places."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Paradise Lost
Posted: 20.03.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 91 users
20.03.2020 - 18:50
FYA
Destroyer
I like this track. Sounds a bit more like classic PL. I was a bit disappointed at first (since they told in some interveiw that they are influenced by 80 goth music now) but the explanation that they wrote this song quickly after Medusa is suitable for me.
20.03.2020 - 20:40
SebaRaven36

I liked the song, but I still think it's that gothic stage without the gutturals.
20.03.2020 - 21:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FYA on 20.03.2020 at 18:50

I like this track. Sounds a bit more like classic PL. I was a bit disappointed at first (since they told in some interveiw that they are influenced by 80 goth music now) but the explanation that they wrote this song quickly after Medusa is suitable for me.

80s gothic is not bad, fields, systers , i think band will keep their sound here, i doubt there be new disco era
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.03.2020 - 22:35
Aries Rising

Written by SebaRaven36 on 20.03.2020 at 20:40

I liked the song, but I still think it's that gothic stage without the gutturals.

Maybe I misread this, but there are guttural vocals in the song.
20.03.2020 - 23:04
Sircheesewhistle

Amazing track. Those guitar melodies are beautiful.
21.03.2020 - 15:01
resurgam

Good old PL ... like it

Hits total: 2321 | This month: 3