Metal Storm logo
Nocturnal Rites

28.06.2007 - 18:49
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Couldn't help noticing that there where no thread for this excellent band from Sweden, and though "Hey, why not start a thread?".

So, this band, Nocturnal Rites, formed in 1994, Umeå, Sweden, is a Heavy/Power metal band from Sweden, though started out as a Death Metal band. So far they've released eight studio albums, the last one being "The 8th Sin" that was recorded by the band themselves as producers. This band has had a very, very, stable line-up since the first record, only changed drummer and singer ONCE! On three of the albums they had a keyboardist as a member, but after Shadowland he left the band, and now they just do keyboards in studio.

Unfortunetly they've been stuck in the shadows of the band Hammerfall for a very long time, so not as many people know about this band as they know of Hammerfall. But that is begining to change now, they are climbing up the ladder, and is getting more famous for every record. A band that is to underestimated at present!

In my opinion it's one of the best Heavy/Power metal bands that exisits today. Johnnys powerfull voice, combined with powerfull riffs and great production on almost every album!
28.06.2007 - 19:42
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Damn they are good, I just started to listen to them, and so far Im really impressed! First I thought they were like a generic european power metal band, but luckly I was wrong =P
----
28.06.2007 - 20:22
Lupas
Maximus
yeah , they have amazing music. i have an album from them and i highly recomented them
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
28.06.2007 - 22:08
Melodeath Master
Yeah, it's a bit more thrashy than the usual Power Metal from Europe, at least the albums since Johnny Lindqvist joined. Afterlife and later...
29.06.2007 - 13:06
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
Indeed great band,it is one of the few power metal bands that i can listen 3 albums one after the other.Great Music and well sung vocals
29.06.2007 - 23:07
Melodeath Master
Yeah. It's not quite as "cheezy" as other European Power Metal bands
30.06.2007 - 01:05
Inlé

Great band, a definite fave, The Sacred Talisman would most likely make my my "vague top 10 favourite PM albums" list... Free at last!

Not too keen on the 8th sin though, afterlife and The Sacred Talisman are their standouts to me.
30.06.2007 - 01:51
Melodeath Master
I see, well to me they stand out over all, with their more agressive aproach to the Power Metal. As well as the band Persuader, and both NR and Persuader is from the same town
30.06.2007 - 11:42
Lupas
Maximus
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 29.06.2007 at 23:07

Dude European Power Metal bands are the most talent bands out there :0
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
30.06.2007 - 14:51
Melodeath Master
Written by Lupas on 30.06.2007 at 11:42

Yes indeed they are. But everyone talks about how "cheezy" they are. I think they're excellent! I love European Power Metal! Especially Scandinavian. I almost only listen to Scandinavian stuff.
30.06.2007 - 16:28
Lupas
Maximus
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 30.06.2007 at 14:51

Written by Lupas on 30.06.2007 at 11:42

Yes indeed they are. But everyone talks about how "cheezy" they are. I think they're excellent! I love European Power Metal! Especially Scandinavian. I almost only listen to Scandinavian stuff.

Yeah me too and also Italian power metal
----
30.06.2007 - 16:46
Melodeath Master
About Italian PM, I have a little problem with. It's to... Happy, and that's really cheezy, at least imo. Rhaposdy (Of Fire) i.e. is too much of everything. But Italian Gothic (Lacuna Coil) and DM (Dark Lunacy) is really good, if not special
23.09.2007 - 09:50
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
One of the best power metal bands out there at the moment. They are usually among the most praised power metal bands by power metal haters. All of their albums were quite amazing up until the 8th Sin which I was very disappointed in. Easily one of the best power metal bands!
23.09.2007 - 10:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 23.09.2007 at 09:50

One of the best power metal bands out there at the moment. They are usually among the most praised power metal bands by power metal haters. All of their albums were quite amazing up until the 8th Sin which I was very disappointed in. Easily one of the best power metal bands!

How can thay be best in the moment if you are disapointed?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.09.2007 - 10:50
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 23.09.2007 at 10:37

Just because their album was a disappointment doesn't mean a band is. They could of done better with their talent, and they have shown us that. I was referring to their talent, not their album!
23.09.2007 - 10:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 23.09.2007 at 10:50

Written by Bad English on 23.09.2007 at 10:37

Just because their album was a disappointment doesn't mean a band is. They could of done better with their talent, and they have shown us that. I was referring to their talent, not their album!

Then nesxt album will be more disapointment

'Rise Alcohol from cradle misteries'
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.09.2007 - 04:39
APOHAKC
The Bard
Awesome band, I like their music, and they are good live band...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
28.09.2007 - 14:00
Melodeath Master

Yeah, I agree. But not with the 8th Sin part. I was a bit disappointed at first. But when you listen to it more and more, it really grows on you. But their absolute best record is either Shadowland or New World Messiah. Those two albums are real masterpieces
22.10.2007 - 08:55
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 28.09.2007 at 14:00

Yeah, I agree. But not with the 8th Sin part. I was a bit disappointed at first. But when you listen to it more and more, it really grows on you. But their absolute best record is either Shadowland or New World Messiah. Those two albums are real masterpieces

I will keep that in mind about 8th sin, as for their best albums, I couldn't agree with you more my friend.
27.11.2007 - 18:04
Finicella
Account deleted
They play excellent Power Metal. :3
I like them, especially "Shadowland" (both song and album). :3
But the lyrics could sometimes be better...
28.11.2007 - 23:10
Timsen
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 27.09.2007 at 04:39

Awesome band, I like their music, and they are good live band...

I've seen them several times and have to agree about their live performance.
I wonder why they're a little "unknown" still in Germany.
29.11.2007 - 00:07
Melodeath Master
Written by Guest on 28.11.2007 at 23:10

I've seen them several times and have to agree about their live performance.
I wonder why they're a little "unknown" still in Germany.

I think it's because they didn't get the attentionen they were worth in the begining because of Hammerfall came in between. But they're getting more attention now at least
29.11.2007 - 09:16
GT
Coffee!!
Can't believe I haven't posted in here before...well that has changed now I really like this band even though I haven't heard any whole albums by them...only a few downloaded tracks...but they're all great
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
03.12.2007 - 17:39
Melodeath Master
Written by GT on 29.11.2007 at 09:16

Can't believe I haven't posted in here before...well that has changed now I really like this band even though I haven't heard any whole albums by them...only a few downloaded tracks...but they're all great

OMG! Well, then change that as well! The best recomendation for you is the album New World Messiah. Just simply superb! But that goes for all of the albums But New World Messiah is a great starter album!
03.12.2007 - 17:49
GT
Coffee!!
@Reconciler: thanks for the recommendation...I'll look it up and give it a listen
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.04.2008 - 21:14
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
They do a very good power metal of high quality and they have been keeping it for a long time, besides they are not very recognized, but their career has been amazing.
23.06.2008 - 16:04
Melodeath Master
Man, Nils Norbergs leaving really surprised me! Quite a chock, seems to me like the year 2008 is cursed or something. It's not the first one to leave a great metal band this year. I really hope they get a great replacement for him, even though it will be hard to replace him. What do you think of this? Will they manage to get an equally great replacer as Nils N. was?