Metal Storm logo
Holy Moses

29.06.2007 - 06:12
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Ah, Classic thrash metal band, one of the origionals as well as one of the more ignored. Sabina Classen is one of the first female vocalists to a metal band, and is one who uses harsh vocals at that. They call her Sabina Classen, Princess of hell, and she never fails to amaze me. All the way back from Queen of Siam, they have kicked ass. I know there are other fans on here. Anyone care to talk about them?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
29.06.2007 - 12:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Im not so huge fan of them but I like early 80ties albums, I never had lsiten 90ties albums, but soem songs I had hera and I still prefere 80ties thrash
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.06.2007 - 15:52
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Bad English on 29.06.2007 at 12:54

Im not so huge fan of them but I like early 80ties albums, I never had lsiten 90ties albums, but soem songs I had hera and I still prefere 80ties thrash

Yeah their 80's stuff is better, but I really like the song "End of time" off of their newest album.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

29.06.2007 - 18:09
APOHAKC
The Bard
Great band, really awesome, especially when they are on stage, and Sabina is real beauty.

I like both phases of the band, but I really prefer newest albums, they are awesome, and vocals are better than ever, really amazing
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
19.08.2007 - 22:02
vusza
Sabina Classen has got the best female vocals, in my opinion - way better than Angela Gossow, or Cadaveria etc.
And she was doing the harsh vocals when Angela wore dyapers, probably.
----
No guts, no glory.
20.08.2007 - 22:34
APOHAKC
The Bard
Definitely way better than Angela, I hate Angela;s voice sometimes, while Sabina is the best extreme female singer, by my opinion of cause
----
22.08.2007 - 03:42
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I dunno about all that guys, I like Sabina alot, but I like Angela better. Sometimes she reminds me of Jeff Walker.....
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

23.08.2007 - 00:29
Remus
Damn, i've heard so much about this band yet i still haven't actually sampled their music. Yep, im' complaining again, there's no free mp3 samples on their website (and i must say i don't bother with MySpace cause, well, cause i hate MySpace).
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
24.08.2007 - 10:43
vusza
You should really check them out, it's worth it. If you like teutonic thrash acts, that is.
----
No guts, no glory.
26.08.2007 - 03:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
Common, download from some torrent, you will easily buy album later if you like it. You must hear them, you just must hear them! And btw Sabina eat Angela for dinner
----
02.12.2007 - 21:38
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
One of my favourite German Thrash bands. The first time I heard them the first thing I thought was how intense and good their vocals were, and then when I saw the vocalist was a woman I screamed "wow!" , but yeah they're awsome. Sabina's not only talented, but all the interviews with her that i've seen also let me know she's very intelligent.
02.12.2007 - 22:35
Woutjinho
Account deleted
not familiear with the band. heard about it, but I thought it was some funny folk rock band or something. their name sound like that.
I thought it would sound like Dropkick Murpheys or something...
oh well, I might check them out sometime
13.12.2007 - 17:56
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
MetalSymphony.com has posted an audio interview with Sabina Classen (conducted before the band's performance at the Metal Female Voices Fest 2007). You can find the interview at this location.
13.12.2007 - 18:14
Southern Wind
Account deleted
The only reason for which this band gets atention is because of Sabina... they're highly overrated, nothing to add to thrash metal.
18.12.2007 - 07:16
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
They're a damn good band and have been around for a while, and the musicians are fairly talented, I think it's a little more than having a female vocalist....
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

18.12.2007 - 15:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 13.12.2007 at 18:14

The only reason for which this band gets atention is because of Sabina... they're highly overrated, nothing to add to thrash metal.

Totally 100% true.

When I saw them after an having seen them in the early nineties once again last December 1st at Arnhem Metal Meeting your statement was exactly my sentiuments (and of most of the old geezers around as well) But their only redeeming factor is Sabina Classen's vocals which are infinitely better than those of the overrated Angela Gossow. But musically, sooooooooooooooooooooo generic, boring, lame.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.12.2007 - 17:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.12.2007 at 18:14

thats where I agree whit you man all female bands are in some points overated because of female beeing in band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.12.2007 - 19:34
Anton Alcolust
hmmm don't agree , Holy Moses is on the road since 1980 , and they are still alive , don't think it's because of the female frontman they gets atention , because they aren't very well know , if you compare with arch enemy or all 'new' band with female frontman .
and musically , you say it's boring , all the same , hey it's thrash metal , slayer is generic , boring and lame too then , old thrash is do for kick ass in the pit and get drunk as fuck , not for other things .
----
A.M.S.G.
20.12.2007 - 15:59
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Anton Alcolust on 19.12.2007 at 19:34

hmmm don't agree , Holy Moses is on the road since 1980 , and they are still alive , don't think it's because of the female frontman they gets atention , because they aren't very well know , if you compare with arch enemy or all 'new' band with female frontman .
and musically , you say it's boring , all the same , hey it's thrash metal , slayer is generic , boring and lame too then , old thrash is do for kick ass in the pit and get drunk as fuck , not for other things .

Yeah, this is where I'm coming from. They've been around for almost 28 years, and they have been releasing albums and touring for that whole time. How could you even compare them to other "overated" chick bands?
And musically, well, I don't really find them boring at all, as a matter of fact, I find them quite entertaining.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

26.03.2008 - 14:45
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
An audio interview with frontwoman Sabina Classen conducted on Saturday, March 22 by Gino Alache of Rockum Radio (broadcasting out of Lima, Peru) is available for download at this location.
17.01.2009 - 09:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Got a question, I've recently taken interest in them and wondering if the "Too Drunk To Fuck" compilation would be a good starting point? Or is it one of those compilations of demos/outtakes/b-sides that would only be interesting for a die-hard fan?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.01.2009 - 11:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2009 at 09:58

Got a question, I've recently taken interest in them and wondering if the "Too Drunk To Fuck" compilation would be a good starting point? Or is it one of those compilations of demos/outtakes/b-sides that would only be interesting for a die-hard fan?

IMO that one is only interesting to the die-hard fan.
Actually the ONLY three interesting albums they ever released are:
Queen of Siam, Finished With the Dogs, The New Machine of Liechtenstein, however none of the three are truly good to great imo, too many fillers on them. But at least they were still musically interesting on those.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.01.2009 - 22:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.01.2009 at 11:16

Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2009 at 09:58

IMO that one is only interesting to the die-hard fan.
Actually the ONLY three interesting albums they ever released are:
Queen of Siam, Finished With the Dogs, The New Machine of Liechtenstein, however none of the three are truly good to great imo, too many fillers on them. But at least they were still musically interesting on those.

Good to know, I'll start off trying to hunt those down, then if I like I'll move on and track down the rest.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin