Metal Storm logo
Roadburn Festival 2020 - Postponed To 2021

With the current COVID-19 pandemic and the Netherlands' decision to ban public events, it was clear that this year's Roadburn Festival would not take place as planned. Now the question of when it will and whether tickets and other purchases will remain available has been answered.

"The organizers posted the following message on the Festival's Facebook page: "Roadburners,

"Firstly, we want to apologize for the lack of communication - we know you have questions and we're doing our absolute best to get answers to you as soon as possible

"The next edition of Roadburn will take place 15-18 April, 2021. Tickets purchased for the 2020 edition will remain valid - you do not need to do anything at this time, just hold on to those tickets and show up next April. Our aim is to preserve as much of the line up as possible - we will be talking to bands over the coming weeks to re-confirm bookings, but things are looking positive on that front.

"Tickets for the campsite and the night busses (i.e anything you bought direct, via 013.nl, roadburn.com and ticketmaster.nl) are also automatically transferred to April 2021 too.

"We request just a little bit more patience for more detailed information. We know uncertainty is stressful, so we are working diligently to get you accurate information as quickly as possible, however, Roadburn is part of a complex industry that is in turmoil at the moment. We are part of a huge group of organisations, venues and others who are awaiting guidance from the Dutch government as to how to proceed. These circumstances are unprecedented in a legal, financial and logistical sense for the whole entertainment industry.

"As we said previously, this has been a heartbreaking decision for us, taken in the middle of some of the most uncertain times that the live music industry has seen. What we have put in place here is designed to protect and preserve Roadburn as a festival and ensure our ability to function going forward. Whilst the rush to buy tickets on the day they go on sale has become a rite of passage for many, knowing that you've already got next year's ticket in your pocket is hopefully a small silver lining!

"- Walter, Becky, Peter van der Aalst (interim CEO 013 venue) & the whole Roadburn team.
"

Event: Roadburn 2021
Posted: 03.04.2020 by RaduP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 34 users
03.04.2020 - 19:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What a great 1th april joke.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.04.2020 - 23:11
morte

I am afraid other festivals in Europe will follow..,
----
In Morte Ultima Veritas
04.04.2020 - 23:40
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by morte on 04.04.2020 at 23:11

They will
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
05.04.2020 - 15:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by RaduP on 04.04.2020 at 23:40

Written by morte on 04.04.2020 at 23:11

They will

Sweden rock still happens, but we can say to August 90 percent of them will Follow. Later might go as planned unles we have Peking duck on the plate
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 999 | This month: 2