Metal Storm logo
Favorite Enslaved Album

Poll

Which of the albums Enslaved has released, is your favorite?

Isa
Ruun
Vikingligr Veldi
Below The Lights
Eld
Frost
Monumension
Blodhemn
Mardraum: Beyond The Within

Total votes: 46
29.06.2007 - 16:03
Infurnace
I've started to get into Enslaved lately. They really seemed to impress me with their "Isa" album. It's a really good album, and a great mix between Black and Viking Metal, with a lot of Progressive influences. So you can guess where my vote will go to. Now I want to know what all you guys think, is the best Enslaved album.
29.06.2007 - 16:20
Abattoir
staff
Enslaved are quite good band, but I don't prefer them more than other BM bands, like Immortal, Emperor, Satyricon which are my favourites. For me, the favourite album is Isa, which have done the biggest impression on me.
29.06.2007 - 16:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good poll but hard one, because I like almoust all albums, even I havnt lsiten them long ago but moust i prefere Frost, Eld and Blodhemn because of covers an dlyrics and music also ISA are good but I dunno Ruun so those 3 what I mention I listen moust
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.06.2007 - 22:54
Baz Anderson
staff
I voted for "Isa" but then that is the one that I have listened to the most amount of times..
"Ruun" is a great album also.. this newer stuff is definitely a lot different to what they were doing back in the 90's but it's all good really..
01.07.2007 - 19:10
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Isa is also my favorite, Ruun being a close second (ahhh Path To Vanir, their best song ever)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
18.07.2007 - 16:49
Infurnace
Written by Darkside Momo on 01.07.2007 at 19:10

Isa is also my favorite, Ruun being a close second (ahhh Path To Vanir, their best song ever)

"Ruun" is my second favorite Enslaved album as well, and I agree with you, "Path To Vanir" perhaps is their best song ever made. It has heavy moments, but also some progressive moments, it's really beautiful.
18.07.2007 - 23:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
"Monumension" edged out "Mardraum" for my vote. While I like all their albums, those are the two that intrigue me the most. I love how "Monumension" seems like a black metal album one minute and an early '70's Pink Floyd album the next.

wish more people would post what they voted for - i'm wondering who else voted for those two albums.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.07.2007 - 13:27
Infurnace
Written by BitterCOld on 18.07.2007 at 23:19

"Monumension" edged out "Mardraum" for my vote. While I like all their albums, those are the two that intrigue me the most. I love how "Monumension" seems like a black metal album one minute and an early '70's Pink Floyd album the next.

wish more people would post what they voted for - i'm wondering who else voted for those two albums.

I agree, "Monumension" is really different from "Mardraum", but both are very good. I must say that I enjoy "Monumension" a little bit more, but I like all Enslaved albums.
19.07.2007 - 14:56
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hmm, hard choice, well, I voted for Ruun, no big difference between Ruun, Eld, Isa, Monumension... Just, I like it little bit more.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
19.07.2007 - 22:54
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
huh ?!

I am the only one who voted for 'Vikingligr Veldi' .... sad , this album pwns all the album enslaved ever released including all the album they gonna release in future.

Period.
20.07.2007 - 01:41
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
yes, hembrom, as a continuation of our Darkthrone discussions, apparently your tastes are rooted firmly in Black Metal circa 1994, whereas the rest of us seem to be able to embrace band's newer, more evolved releases.

The lack of votes for "Vikingligr Veldi" is not an indictment of that album - Enslaved have not released any weak albums - but simply that other's preferences are different than yours.

I prefer "Monumension" to "Vikingligr Veldi" largely because "VV" does not have the twists and turns that "Monumension" does.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.08.2007 - 18:08
Infurnace
Enslaved really ruled with their performance on Wacken. One of the best performances on Wacken. They played a good set of songs. Too bad they only had an hour to play. I think they really deserved to play longer on Wacken.
08.08.2007 - 23:51
rageing atheist
Account deleted
I voted for Vikingligr Veldi, as I have recently rediscovered how good that record was.I also love their newer works and my other favorites would be Eld, Below The Lights and Isa, but VV is just so atmospheric, also the songs are all very unique and different, so I just had to vote for it. Anyway, I think that maybe Monumension would also be one of my favorite Enslaved albums if not for the bonus track that seems to drag on forever (I know I could always skip it, but still it lessens the listening enjoyment of this otherwise great album).
09.08.2007 - 23:28
Infurnace
Has anyone seen their performance on Wacken? They were playing a lot of their new stuff, and also some great old songs from the Hordanes Land Split with Emperor.
11.08.2007 - 15:32
baldur
Written by Infurnace on 09.08.2007 at 23:28

Has anyone seen their performance on Wacken? They were playing a lot of their new stuff, and also some great old songs from the Hordanes Land Split with Emperor.

yeah i saw them great schow!!

but i was a little bit confused cause so many did smoke weed at their show i mean enslaved is not the band you can chill to^^
24.09.2007 - 18:28
zjorrp
Account deleted
below the lioghts is realy there best. queen of night is there best song
23.04.2008 - 23:13
Nazgal
Account deleted
I like all of their stuff, but the albums with the progressive elements are the best. My vote goes to "Isa".
21.06.2008 - 09:31
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Written by Hembrom on 19.07.2007 at 22:54

huh ?!

I am the only one who voted for 'Vikingligr Veldi' .... sad , this album pwns all the album enslaved ever released including all the album they gonna release in future.

Period.

yeah the album is truly the best... ok Hordanes Land [EP] is better.... ubt VV is also awesome

Isa is not bad too
02.07.2008 - 22:22
Infurnace
I'm mostly into "Ruun" lately, because of the progressive elements. It seems that I'm in a progressive mood.
05.07.2008 - 02:08
Gordon Freeman
I'm a huge Enslaved fan (as in I like the band a lot, not that I'm a 7'2" 315 lbs Enslaved fan) and I really enjoy all of their albums but the stuff after "Mardraum: Beyond the Within" do the most for me, with their latest offering being my personal favorite.

I'm shocked to see the majority of you agree with me concerning the more proggy albums. Most web forums I've been on everyone likes the viking-esque albums more.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
05.07.2008 - 16:34
Candlemass
Defaeco
Wow...now this is a worthy challenger.
Ruun first, Isa to follow, and lastly Below The Lights.
14.10.2008 - 18:35
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
I think Vertebrae has officially claimed the title of my favorite Enslaved album... it is a little early to judge, but I have been listening to it at least once a day for the past few weeks and it is only getting better with each consecutive play
14.10.2008 - 19:45
Branzig
Written by Hembrom on 19.07.2007 at 22:54

huh ?!

Period.

No it is gaining momentum now, as it should! Vikingligr is their greatest album!
----
In Grind We Crust
15.10.2008 - 06:50
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Introspekrieg on 14.10.2008 at 18:35

I think Vertebrae has officially claimed the title of my favorite Enslaved album... it is a little early to judge, but I have been listening to it at least once a day for the past few weeks and it is only getting better with each consecutive play

and BTW, I can't believe someone gave it a "1"... now that's just sad, they should really get their ears checked

the new one is a great album...

and i've changed my mind again for now, i think i prefer "Below the Lights" this week...
----

15.10.2008 - 18:57
-Soulreaper-
Below the Lights has been my favorite Enslaved album since its release. Just seems that is a good bridge between their black metal roots too the new style. But there hasn't been one release by them that I haven't liked in one form or another.
15.10.2008 - 20:20
totaliteraliter
Vikingligr Veldi is easily my pick, I tend to rank it as one of the top two or three black metal albums overall. I'll abstain from voting since I've only extensively heard that one and Frost. The drop off in quality from VV to Frost was so surprising and substantial that I haven't bothered much with any of their later work.
12.11.2008 - 15:24
Demigodc
Vikingligr Veldi of course, I'm a huge fan of Black Metal and their newer stuff is too progressive for me, it just doesn't have the same feeling as their first 2 albums, they were darker and heavier and the atmosphere was beautiful.
16.12.2008 - 06:34
Lehctim
All their stuff is great, but over time Vikingligr Veldi has grown on me the most and is my favorite, at least for now.
04.01.2009 - 00:37
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Now that I have 4 of their albums (Below the lights, Isa, Ruun, and Vertabrae) and listened to them enough. I can say that Isa is probably my favorite. fallowed by Vertabrae or maybe Below the Lights

Isa is just such a smooth and well though out album. It never seems to get old
----
Coldgrits
04.01.2009 - 03:33
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by -DC-002- on 04.01.2009 at 00:37

falowed

lol wut