Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden Albums Ranked

Thumbs up: 0
One of, if not THE, greatest band there ever been. Iron Maiden rocked the world right from the start and released more classic album than pretty much any other band. My introduction to Iron Maiden was hearing A Real Live One and A Real Dead One probably a year before Brave New World was released, I was hooked, I knew from that point that this band was something special and that heavy metal was my kind of music.

This list is all mine and I haven't taken to account what is considered classic or good by anyone else.

Up the irons and all that!

List updated 29/09/2021

Created by: majormalfunction | 27.11.2019

1. Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death
2006 Rating: 10 Top picks: For the Greater Good of God, The Longest Day, Lord of Light
2. Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
1988 Rating: 10 Top picks: Infinite Dreams, The Evil That Men Do, The Clairvoyant
3. Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time
1986 Rating: 10 Top picks: Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land, Deja-Vu
4. Iron Maiden - The X Factor
1995 Rating: 10 Top picks: Sign of the Cross, The Edge of Darkness, Look For The Truth
5. Iron Maiden - Brave New World
2000 Rating: 10 Top picks: The Thin Line Between Love and Hate, Dream of Mirrors, Out of the Silent Plant
6. Iron Maiden - Powerslave
1984 Rating: 9 Top picks: Powerslave, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Aces High
7. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
1980 Rating: 9 Top picks: Phantom of the Opera, Remember Tomorrow, Transylvania
8. Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast
1982 Rating: 9 Top picks: Hallowed Be Thy Name, 22 Accacia Avenue, Children of the Damned
9. Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind
1983 Rating: 8 Top picks: Where Eagles Dare, Still Life, Revelations
10. Iron Maiden - Virtual XI
1998 Rating: 8 Top picks: The Clansman, The Educated Fool, Futureal
11. Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
1992 Rating: 8 Top picks: Judas Be My Guide, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death
2003 Rating: 8 Top picks: Face in the Sand, Pachendale, Age Of Innocence
13. Iron Maiden - Killers
1981 Rating: 7 Top picks: Purgatory, Killers, Genghis Khan
14. Iron Maiden - No Prayer For The Dying
1990 Rating: 7 Top picks: Fates Warning, No Prayer for the Dying, Run Silent Run Deep
15. Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
2010 Rating: 6 Top picks: When the Wild Wind Blows, Starblind, The Talisman
16. Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls
2015 Rating: 5 Top picks: The Book of Souls, The Red and the Black, The Great Unknown
17. Iron Maiden - Senjutsu
2021 Rating: 4 Top picks: Hell on Earth, Stratego, Days of Future Past

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by majormalfunction ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 5   Visited by: 10 users
06.04.2020 - 16:29
JoHn Doe

My Maiden list looks different, but i gotta give it to you kudos for your number one, I only know another person, a user on the PA forum that says X Factor is his favorite Maiden album.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
06.04.2020 - 17:59
majormalfunction

Written by JoHn Doe on 06.04.2020 at 16:29

My Maiden list looks different, but i gotta give it to you kudos for your number one, I only know another person, a user on the PA forum that says X Factor is his favorite Maiden album.

Thanks! Maybe my opinion of it would be different if I listened to Iron Maiden in the 80's but when I bought X Factor in the early 2000's it was just another Iron Maiden album and I loved it from first spin, it's probably my most listened Maiden album

What are your own thoughts on the album?
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
06.04.2020 - 18:05
JoHn Doe

Written by majormalfunction on 06.04.2020 at 17:59

Written by JoHn Doe on 06.04.2020 at 16:29

Thanks! Maybe my opinion of it would be different if I listened to Iron Maiden in the 80's but when I bought X Factor in the early 2000's it was just another Iron Maiden album and I loved it from first spin, it's probably my most listened Maiden album

What are your own thoughts on the album?

I liked it, although I did think Blaze was not a good choice for them.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
08.04.2020 - 12:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Last 2 Yes. Killer Yes but rest is just weird, prayer is one of their best
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.04.2020 - 13:56
JoHn Doe

Written by Bad English on 08.04.2020 at 12:09

Last 2 Yes. Killer Yes but rest is just weird, prayer is one of their best

that's a rude thing to say, we all like different things, there are a ton of Maiden list on MS and they're all different. And it's ok.
----

Hits total: 550 | This month: 7