Metal Storm logo
Mortal Decay

30.06.2007 - 10:08
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Mortal Decay, a US Death metal band that has some pretty good brutal elements to them, inparticular with the vocals. They have released 3 full lengths; Sickening Erotic Fanaticism (1997), Forensic (2002), and Cadaver Art (2005).

I have their first 2 albums and they're, for me, good solid albums. They have some interesting lyric contents and put together pretty sick stores - though in death metal, its nothing too original as most areas have been covered already. Mortal Decay could also be consider to be on the boarder lines of brutal death metal and the vocals have this very low gutteral grunt while also being quite understandable (well for listeners that are used to this style of vocal delivery).

Anybody else a fan?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.07.2007 - 06:56
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 01.07.2007 at 00:53

I think I'm the only brutal death metal fan that isn't big on these guys. I only own Cadaver Art, however, and I get so bored when I listen to it. I've heard some of their older songs and they sounded better to me, but not enough to leave a good impression. I'll give them another chance though...

The post by my "canadian" friend could had perfectly been mine... Cadaver Art is pretty tedius and unoriginal
01.07.2007 - 13:40
KC
Incidentally, I was listening to their newest, 'Cadaver Art' just this afternoon. It's such a letdown from their previous efforts.
----
Transcending Obscurity Records | PR Company | Online Magazine (est 2005)

http://www.tometal.com
http://www.facebook.com/transcendingobscurity
01.07.2007 - 16:42
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Hmm, might just download the 'Cadaver Art' then if its not exactly worth it, couple of you I value your opinons on these things on album views.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
15.09.2007 - 18:25
I haven't heard of these guys until I heard Sickening Cadaver Art on Pandora Radio and really liked it. Is that song pretty typical of them, and is there an album which you recommend to check out from them?
17.09.2007 - 04:26
^^^Just realized the actual song title is 'Sickening Erotic Fanaticism'. Pandora has an occasional tendancy to be off on the song titles, with songs like 'Sanded Raceless' by Cannibal Corpse, etc. Good radio service otherwise though.
17.09.2007 - 04:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by theflyingmachine on 17.09.2007 at 04:26

^^^Just realized the actual song title is 'Sickening Erotic Fanaticism'. Pandora has an occasional tendancy to be off on the song titles, with songs like 'Sanded Raceless' by Cannibal Corpse, etc. Good radio service otherwise though.

yeah lol I noticed that too about Pandora. As for Mortal Decay, their older stuff is better.
28.09.2008 - 04:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
They have a new song on their MySpace page - I can't tell if it's a regular instrumental or if the vocals haven't been recorded yet. Regardless, I like it, even though it is softer than I expected.
03.05.2010 - 11:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Bump

Looks like Anthony Ipri has rejoined Mortal Decay and will be on their next album. I'm stoked for this

Oh and btw, Cadaver Art has grown on me
03.05.2010 - 16:48
I've never really gotten into their later albums, although their debut is probably one of the most underrated albums ever. I'll definitely still check out their upcoming album though.
18.12.2011 - 02:23
Anyone that has the slightest interest in this band or brutal death metal should track down A Gathering of Human Artifacts. It is a remastered compilation of their three demos, which are probably the best that they've released...particularly Dawn of Misery and Grisly Aftermath. The vocalist is fucking sick on them too.