Dio (Solo)
Rainbow
Black Sabbath (AKA Heaven And Hell)
Elf

Total votes: 146
30.06.2007 - 23:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Ronnie James Dio, the man who gave birth to 'The Devil Horns' the eternal symbol for metal & rock n roll alike, and often credited for the invention of power metal, has participated in 3 major bands aswell as his own solo work. There is Elf, his first major band which recorded 3 albums, then was recruited by Ritchie Blackmore to join Rainbow, with whom he recorded 3 studio albums and a live album. The Black Sabbath, he recorded 3 studio albums (and is currently working on something with Geezer, Iommi and Appice under the name Heaven And Hell), and in 1983 started his solo project spanning 10 albums. Which Dio band/project/thingy do you like best?

For my vote I chose Rainbow, Ritchie Blackmore is an amazing guitarist and it goes really well with Dios voice, I havnt heard enough Elf to judge, and some Dio solo albums can be a little dry and forgettable. So it was down to Rainbow & Sabbath, but since Long Live Rock N Roll is my favorite album of all time I have to go with Rainbow.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.07.2007 - 00:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted Dio because I enjoyed all of his albums. Maybe I got bad impression but it looks like he had much more creative space and his vocals are just amazing along with fine music. Black Sabbath (Heaven And Hell) would be second definetely, I mean that album and other Black Sabbath songs with Dio are best Black Sabbath songs ever, at least for me
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
01.07.2007 - 07:04
Eternal Flames

I liked his solo work "Dio" the most also. Just pretty much enjoy most of his album during that era, particularly 'Holy Diver'. I think his work really shone here. The album is nothing short of a masterpiece. Rainbow would probably come pretty close though. Ritchie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio worked great together. I haven't any of his work with Elf though, so I probably should give that a listen. But regardless I don't think it will surpass Holy Diver.
01.07.2007 - 10:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Damn I saw ALL
ELF - awsoem psycodelic band, just like in 600ties i realy like this music, but it so rear band that I dunno where ppl can finf them albums

Rainbow - First and last Dio album in Rainbow are one of my fav, I realy like firts album ballads like Tample of King, Man On The Siulver Mountains and Hard Rocking songs from last Dio Rainbow album realy great band shame that Blackmoor getting old and kick Dio out

Black Sabbath - Havt hera Dehuminaizer, but Heaven and Hell and Mob Rulles are good albums, but still I likie moustly firts 2/3 BS albums mouts its more to doom and thay dont use keybords

Dio - Awsoem band awsoem music but cheasy lyrics, but heheh I like it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.07.2007 - 15:52
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
i choose BS years because Heaven and Dehumanizer are my best BS albums tho i like Rainbow aswell
01.07.2007 - 16:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by buki of steel on 01.07.2007 at 15:52

i choose BS years because Heaven and Dehumanizer are my best BS albums tho i like Rainbow aswell

Have you a Dehuminazer?
----

apos;'
[image]
01.07.2007 - 19:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bad English on 01.07.2007 at 10:09

ELF - awsoem psycodelic band, just like in 600ties i realy like this music, but it so rear band that I dunno where ppl can finf them albums

Ive never seen any actual albums, all Ive seen is compilations of Elf songs, usually containing 2 albums I believe.
----
- George Carlin
01.07.2007 - 19:30
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
Written by Bad English on 01.07.2007 at 16:37

Have you a Dehuminazer?

if i say that dehumanizer and heaven are my best albums so guess do i have it
01.07.2007 - 19:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by buki of steel on 01.07.2007 at 19:30

Written by Bad English on 01.07.2007 at 16:37

Have you a Dehuminazer?

if i say that dehumanizer and heaven are my best albums so guess do i have it

Thay are rear albums where you get them same like BS take out of shops 2 Tony Martin albums dunno why
----

apos;'
[image]
01.07.2007 - 20:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@K7
Thats odd, maybe those albums are just rare where you live, because yeah those Tony Martin albums are somewhat rare here in Canada, those Dio-Sabbath albums can be found in pretty much any CD store in the bargain bin for like $5.
----
- George Carlin
01.07.2007 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 01.07.2007 at 20:02

@K7
Thats odd, maybe those albums are just rare where you live, because yeah those Tony Martin albums are somewhat rare here in Canada, those Dio-Sabbath albums can be found in pretty much any CD store in the bargain bin for like $5.

When I discorvere i-net in BS home page I read thay take out Sevent Star and other Martin Album out of shops it wa swritten in BS home page but I didnt understand why

I agree here are no real metalshop and those where thay sell CD thay sucks
----

apos;'
[image]
01.07.2007 - 20:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@K7
LOL, I was really close to buying Headless Cross in a used CD store for like dirt cheap....now I feel bad about not buying it.
----
- George Carlin
01.07.2007 - 20:58
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtRWBPxh7OU

.........anyway I like him best with Rainbow So catchy and beautiful grooves
02.07.2007 - 01:21
Dirt pride
Account deleted
i chose rainbow but it was a close shave between that and dio, but i can only judge between dio rainbow and black sabbath because i only have rising, heaven and hell and holy diver, but out of them i prefer rising, the epic stargazer!
21.07.2007 - 14:20
Rainbow rules
Account deleted
I like all of Dio's bands; however if you ask me to choose it would have to be Rainbow. It would be hard for anyone to compete with songs like Stargazer, Gates of Babylon and Catch the Rainbow.
14.09.2007 - 03:25
L..

heaven and hell
----
Viva aquele que se presta a esta ocupação
Salve o compositor popular
Salve o compositor popular.
25.09.2007 - 10:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
If you go onto youtube and type "Ronnie James Dio Brutally Honest Interview 1994" (its a 4 part interview) it pretty interesting in the 3rd part he comments on every album hes been on until that date, and he pretty much insults almost every one of his former band mates.
----
- George Carlin
26.09.2007 - 03:50
Ellie
Account deleted
Dio; in my opinion!
29.09.2007 - 01:46
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock: I'll be sure to look into it

hah, i'm glad Rainbow is winning

has anyone ever heard Elf? cuz I never have.
29.09.2007 - 03:26
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Dio's solo work was fantastic. And also his work with Rainbow was excellent, I wasnt a huge Heaven and Hell fan though, nor am I a big Elf fan.

My vote went to Dio's solo work, my opinion is that early dio was his absolutemusical highlight. Holy Driver is truely an immortal album
29.09.2007 - 04:57
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Dio, obviously. You just can't beat Holy Diver.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
30.09.2007 - 21:46
Olli

Same here, Dehumanizer is my favourite of all
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
09.10.2007 - 07:06
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Rainbow (the albums are like the first epic metal albums ever)
then Dio because Holy Diver is a masterpiece

i dont really know who is elf and i dont like black sabbath so much but that song heaven and hell kick ass!!
----
Stay Metal !!!
09.10.2007 - 09:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dreamwar_86 on 09.10.2007 at 07:06

Rainbow (the albums are like the first epic metal albums ever)
then Dio because Holy Diver is a masterpiece

i dont really know who is elf and i dont like black sabbath so much but that song heaven and hell kick ass!!

In that point I agree Rainbow first and 3th was Eipc albums
----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2008 - 08:24
slayer_pwns
Account deleted
i vote black sabbath because some of the elf and dio stuff isnt top notch and rainbow is a close runner up.
and i think its pretty safe to say that dio is leik the most metal person ever. lawlz
31.05.2008 - 20:44
DIO Is God
Account deleted
Rainbow, by far. Nothing could match the Ritchie/Ronnie team, when it came to writing songs. They were just incredible, together.
01.06.2008 - 03:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 31.05.2008 at 20:44

Rainbow, by far. Nothing could match the Ritchie/Ronnie team, when it came to writing songs. They were just incredible, together.

Yeah, throw Cozy into that mix and its like a metal super team. As much as I do enjoy the Black Sabbath work I find Blackmores style compliments Dios voice a lot better than Iommis.
----
- George Carlin
01.06.2008 - 18:56
DIO Is God
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 01.06.2008 at 03:52

Yeah, throw Cozy into that mix and its like a metal super team. As much as I do enjoy the Black Sabbath work I find Blackmores style compliments Dios voice a lot better than Iommis.

Yeah man, Cozy was a total god of the drums, before is passing. I find Ritchie to be a much better guitarist overall than Iommi. Iommi is great, but man, when Ritchie caught wind of something, there was no stopping him. He and Ronnie did compliment each other, very well in the music.
04.06.2008 - 04:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 01.06.2008 at 18:56

Written by Doc G. on 01.06.2008 at 03:52

Yeah man, Cozy was a total god of the drums, before is passing. I find Ritchie to be a much better guitarist overall than Iommi. Iommi is great, but man, when Ritchie caught wind of something, there was no stopping him. He and Ronnie did compliment each other, very well in the music.

I think chemistry is the point we're getting at here.
----
- George Carlin
17.06.2008 - 19:00
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Definitely the Rising album by Rainbow would be my choice.. every song but particularly the 'first two' power metal songs, Stargazer and Comin' Home (Light In The Black).
Also Long Live Rock 'N' Roll is a great album, Holy Diver is also a great album and H&H is quite good.