Metal Storm logo
Ne Obliviscaris

01.07.2007 - 07:53
Eternal Flames

Hailing from Melbourne, Australia, Ne Obliviscaris (Latin for "Forget Not") are a 6 piece band playing a very complex style of black, progressive, death, thrash and melodic metal with bits of jazz and flamenco incorporated as well. Currently in search of a new guitarist, they have just released their first demo entitled "The Aurora Veil" which has receive a huge amount of praise from fans.

Consisting of 2 guitarists, bassist, violinist, drummer and both clean and extreme vocals, these guys have created a very original style of metal that is very complex yet at times quite simple as well. Having only performed their debut gig just over a year ago, they have received a lot of national recognition and apparently have begun to receive some more international attention.

In 2006 their drummer Daniel Presland aka Mortuary won the Australian final of the World's Fastest Drummer competition. Overall, they are all just very talented musicians.

You can check out some of their work at http://www.myspace.com/neobliviscaris and they've also got some videos posted up on Youtube which are worth checking out.
01.07.2007 - 21:17
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Wow. This sounds really interesting. Will check them out properly and let you know what I think of em. Great find!
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
02.07.2007 - 00:56
Ernis
狼獾
I really liked the music of this band....it has indeed a very original and interesting sound.....and the violin sounds appealed to me very much.....
02.07.2007 - 08:24
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Got a track of theres on an Australia metal compilation. The track was 'Tapestry Of The Starless Abstract' and its absolutely amazing!! Mixing both the extreme vocals with the harsh black metal style musicand then crossing over to the clean vocals, violin and melodic music is very interseting and they do it so well.

Going to have to pick this one up soon.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
12.10.2008 - 15:23
Magero
Account deleted
Hurray for necrobump for an amazing band. Hehe.
Cannot get enough of these guys, they're absolutely amazing. My band is actually playing a show with them in about two months, can't wait!
12.10.2008 - 15:45
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
When I read how many positive reviews 'The Aurora Veil' received on MA a few months ago I downloaded it straight away. I was pretty disappointed in reality. To be fair it's not my kind of black metal (of what little black metal there is in it), far to much neo-classicism for my taste but so many people can't be wrong. Might give it another go one day.
17.11.2008 - 14:09
Eternal Flames

Written by Guest on 12.10.2008 at 15:45

When I read how many positive reviews 'The Aurora Veil' received on MA a few months ago I downloaded it straight away. I was pretty disappointed in reality. To be fair it's not my kind of black metal (of what little black metal there is in it), far to much neo-classicism for my taste but so many people can't be wrong. Might give it another go one day.

That's fair enough. I didn't really get into them when I first heard the band although the more I listened to it, the more I enjoyed it. So I really recommend giving the demo another listen in a few months (unless, of course, neoclassical really isn't your thing )

They also should be releasing their album some time next year, which I believe will feature all the tracks from the demo + 4 new tracks. They've actually played 2 of the new songs live and I must say they are sounding very promising (although still do contain heavy folk and neoclassical influences).
08.01.2013 - 23:50
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I'm digging up this thread again, just because the band is friggin awesome..! What do you think of "Portal Of I"? For me, it's one of the.. Freshest metal albums I've heard.. Just friggin love the mix between brutality, melodies and emotions.. Shrieking black growls, roaring death growls, sore clean vocals, violins, outstanding bass and guitar riffing.. Pure awesomeness
09.01.2013 - 20:08
Susan
Smeghead
Portal of I is an amazing piece of eclectic metal! I'm interested to hear some of the band's previous works, especially since they were originally referred to as "black metal" in this thread. Perhaps they used to be more of that style?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
09.01.2013 - 22:06
Uldreth

Written by Susan on 09.01.2013 at 20:08

Portal of I is an amazing piece of eclectic metal! I'm interested to hear some of the band's previous works, especially since they were originally referred to as "black metal" in this thread. Perhaps they used to be more of that style?

All songs on The Aurora Veil are featured on Portal of I. I listened to that EP before but I cannot recall now but I think those songs were a bit reworked for PoI but essentially still the same.
09.01.2013 - 23:50
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Uldreth on 09.01.2013 at 22:06

Written by Susan on 09.01.2013 at 20:08

All songs on The Aurora Veil are featured on Portal of I. I listened to that EP before but I cannot recall now but I think those songs were a bit reworked for PoI but essentially still the same.

It is exact the same songs, plus some new ones at Portal Of I. The sound in Portal Of I is much better than The Aurora Veil Here are some of the songs from The Aurora Veil:

10.01.2013 - 20:04
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
To be honest, I can't understand why everyone seems to praise this album so much. Maybe I need to listen their debut some more times, but still I don't feel they are the very best of this year.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
10.01.2013 - 23:12
The Turbanator

Checking this out now. Sounds promising so far. Reminds me of Kalisia's Cybion album.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
10.01.2013 - 23:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by The Turbanator on 10.01.2013 at 23:12

Checking this out now. Sounds promising so far. Reminds me of Kalisia's Cybion album.

and that's an extremely bad thing
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.01.2013 - 00:53
The Turbanator

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.01.2013 at 23:22

Haha why? You didn't like it? It was very overhyped though, but a decent album nevertheless.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
11.01.2013 - 12:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by The Turbanator on 11.01.2013 at 00:53

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.01.2013 at 23:22

Haha why? You didn't like it? It was very overhyped though, but a decent album nevertheless.

I found it very mediocre and over indulgent and pretentious to no end
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.01.2013 - 11:20
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Daggon on 10.01.2013 at 20:04

To be honest, I can't understand why everyone seems to praise this album so much. Maybe I need to listen their debut some more times, but still I don't feel they are the very best of this year.

Well, I disagree. For me, it is one of the very best albums of 2012. It's an amazing album, and it's one of the freshest albums I've listened to. It's my opinion, but try at least to give it a few more listens
15.01.2013 - 01:16
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.01.2013 at 12:35

I found it very mediocre and over indulgent and pretentious to no end

There you go talking about yourself again! j/k

I recently got this album and it's OK. It gets kind of monotonous after a while though.
17.01.2013 - 18:05
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
The main problem I find with this album is that I think they tried to put so much things in a very tiny space, like trying to fit a monster truck into a Blendtec blender.
Maybe it is not pretentiousness, I think they had good intentions with this album, but for me it is a goddamned hour of musical wankery that leads to nowhere.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.06.2013 - 20:15
BloodMusic

NE OBLIVISCARIS "Portal of I" + "Aurora Veil" LPs

Finnish label BLOOD MUSIC will soon be releasing ultra-limited deluxe editions of the current masters of the prog metal underground. NE OBLIVISCARIS's debut album -- "Portal of I" -- and debut demo -- "The Aurora Veil" -- will come to vinyl for the first time in history! These deluxe, ultra-limited editions include high resolution audio remasters, heavyweight vinyl, and ultra-limited numbers in special edition layouts created by the band themselves.

Pre-orders go live tomorrow, June 26th at 5PM Finnish time (10AM NYC).

Full details can be found here:

http://www.blood-music.com/newspost/ne-obliviscaris-full-specs/

More information: http://www.blood-music.com
More information: http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic

----
*Available: maudlin of the Well/Lykathea Aflame/Ihsahn*

Coming soon: Sigh, Manii, Odium, Kauan, Aquilus, Negura Bunget, Thy Catafalque, Ne Obliviscaris, Strapping Young Lad

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
26.06.2013 - 20:02
BloodMusic

Portal of I sold out within 52 minutes! There are 3 copies left of "The Aurora Veil" in each store. That record will never ever been repressed.

http://www.blood-music.com/store
----

Coming soon: Sigh, Manii, Odium, Kauan, Aquilus, Negura Bunget, Thy Catafalque, Ne Obliviscaris, Strapping Young Lad

Blood Music
12.07.2013 - 16:58
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by BloodMusic on 26.06.2013 at 20:02

Portal of I sold out within 52 minutes! There are 3 copies left of "The Aurora Veil" in each store. That record will never ever been repressed.

What kind of businessman refuses to keep producing his commodity in spite of further demand?
13.07.2013 - 04:44
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Daniell on 12.07.2013 at 16:58

What kind of businessman refuses to keep producing his commodity in spite of further demand?

Maybe it's like McDonald's McRib, here in America. They sell it for about a month ever year, and then every few years or so they say they'll never ever make it again but then a year or 2 later they bring it right back. And lots of Americans eat it the fuck up.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

13.07.2013 - 10:37
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by psykometal on 13.07.2013 at 04:44

Maybe it's like McDonald's McRib, here in America. They sell it for about a month ever year, and then every few years or so they say they'll never ever make it again but then a year or 2 later they bring it right back. And lots of Americans eat it the fuck up.

So they simply lie to their customers who are then too stupid to see it
13.07.2013 - 11:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
I absolutely love this band. Almost stunned the first time I heard them. For me this is a typical headphones band. Meaning that you'll need to blast their music loud in your headphones to really hear all the stuff that's going on in the songs, there's subtle melodies and riffs everywhere thaat are easy to miss.
----
13.07.2013 - 15:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Daniell on 13.07.2013 at 10:37

So they simply lie to their customers who are then too stupid to see it

Pretty much.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

20.08.2013 - 17:09
BloodMusic

Written by Daniell on 12.07.2013 at 16:58

Written by BloodMusic on 26.06.2013 at 20:02

One who is not trying to make the most money possible from his product.
----

Blood Music
20.08.2013 - 17:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BloodMusic on 20.08.2013 at 17:09

One who is not trying to make the most money possible from his product.

----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996