Metal Storm logo
Saxon

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 28.05.2006 - 17:57
One of the greatest heavy metal bands ever!!
Like somebody on www.metal-archives.com said they're amongst the top5 traditional metal bands...
Killing Ground is such a masterpiece!!
18.02.2009 - 18:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 18.02.2009 at 17:16

Their spanish shows(which include the Barcelona gig i was supposed to attend) have been canceled.

to whomever is responsible for this:

Bucharest, 18.02.2009 5:15 PM

dear Dickface, i would have flown for 2000 km for this gig, and now you throw this kind of shit at me. pray you do not cross my path very soon, and i would like to sincerely say this:

FUCK YOU.

love, Valentin B, angry cheated Saxon and Iced Earth fan.

Iced Earth fucked my swedish friends 5 yers ago, Stockholm gig was cancveled and seems all tour because of member beck proble, Band promised go there n play but seems they didnt because some friends still keep ticket who be good for ''promissed'' shows
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.02.2009 - 10:34
Sutekh
Been a fan since the 80's, with their early albums getting heavy rotation. Recently got the Wheels of Steel/Strong Arm double CD for a bargain -great stuff! I have Crusader, Power & the Glory and the debut on vinyl. Need to get more of their recent stuff. What's the verdict on their best since 2000?
21.02.2009 - 15:17
Charly546
All of them, but if you have to pick one go for "Killing Ground".
22.02.2009 - 02:07
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Elite
Written by Sutekh on 21.02.2009 at 10:34

What's the verdict on their best since 2000?

Since 2000, for me, and i think some ppl will agree Lionheart is their best, it have been one of the best heavy metal releases of the last years no doubt... very strong and fresh tho is not like they're reinventing heavy metal, the vocals are just great performed, and the music just right.
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
21.03.2009 - 14:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
LMAO i just noticed the main riff of "Dallas 1 PM" is IDENTICAL to Ac/Dc's "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be"
17.04.2009 - 12:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
*gets down on both knees and prays*

please come to the Kaliakra Rock Fest!!!
18.04.2009 - 02:31
Lord_Regnier
Written by Bad English on 18.02.2009 at 18:57

Written by Valentin B on 18.02.2009 at 17:16

Their spanish shows(which include the Barcelona gig i was supposed to attend) have been canceled.

to whomever is responsible for this:

Bucharest, 18.02.2009 5:15 PM

dear Dickface, i would have flown for 2000 km for this gig, and now you throw this kind of shit at me. pray you do not cross my path very soon, and i would like to sincerely say this:

FUCK YOU.

love, Valentin B, angry cheated Saxon and Iced Earth fan.

Iced Earth fucked my swedish friends 5 yers ago, Stockholm gig was cancveled and seems all tour because of member beck proble, Band promised go there n play but seems they didnt because some friends still keep ticket who be good for ''promissed'' shows

The lesson is: never trust Jon Schaffer!

With this guy, you never know when he'll change his mind one more time, you can never know what he will do. He's untrustworthy and he contradicted himself so often in the past, he has no credibility left, from my point of view.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
11.06.2009 - 18:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Man, will my disappointings concerning this band's concerts ever stop , at Wacken they're gonna play just one song from every album, and that means 2 things:
-they will surely play Crusader(but i already suspected that)
-the fans have to choose between PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT and DENIM AND LEATHER which are pretty much the greatest Saxon classic songs and in my top 3 fav tracks by them..... i hope they choose Princess though..

FUCK.

it's times like these i wished i lived in Britain....
13.06.2009 - 02:20
nehrodwarf
Really I like the saxon musics, and my favorite it's killing ground and never surrender
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
13.06.2009 - 04:25
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Only "discovered" their new album yesterday really *so ashamed*
it's a shame that these guys are in Britain as they get totally over shadowed by Iron Maiden =/
----
loves 小巫
06.07.2009 - 11:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Wow, listening right now to Militia Guard off their first album, such an interesting track, it's pretty much Queen (yes you just read that, the lead guitar reminds me a lot of Brian May) meets 70s Priest meets military drum rolls. very nice.

hope this one makes the setlist at Wacken along with Strong Arm of the Law, what an excellent rockin' track with one of the best choruses ever.
11.08.2009 - 21:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Saw these guys at Wacken and they put on the most hair-raising show i've ever seen. played all the classics plus lots of unexpected stuff(they played at least one song from all albums except the one after Crusader), and they just shit over all the other bands of the festival, best of the best.

edit: i loved when they played 747...there was high tension as no-one had any clue what song they'll do next throughout the show. it was one of the very last songs to be plaid and byff said "we thought you people were gonna vote from the wheels of steel album, wheels of steel, but instead, you voted fooooorr...." *747 starts with enormous roar from the audience*
18.04.2016 - 03:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Saxon is playing in Skellefteå
WTF

https://www.facebook.com/stadsfesten
----

apos;'
[image]
09.07.2016 - 15:43
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Elite
Written by Bad English on 18.04.2016 at 03:24

Saxon is playing in Skellefteå
WTF

https://www.facebook.com/stadsfesten

that's awesome
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
10.10.2019 - 11:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
On twaiter Biff Byford has confirmed that SAXON has commenced work on its 23rd studio album.
----

apos;'
[image]
30.10.2019 - 08:21
Cass
Great news,

Saxon is probably ma favourite heavy metal band from UK
20.02.2020 - 13:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This band will celebrate 50 years, so they team up whit another English long running legendary metal band Judas Priest

Dates on the flyer

Saxon (Official)
11 mins ·
We are pleased to announce we will doing a few dates with our friends Judas Priest as they celebrate 50 years!

We will be special guests at their Stuttgart, Munich & Halle(Saale) shows!

https://www.myticket.de/?/judas-priest-50-heavy-metal-year?/

These will fantastic nights of British Heavy Metal!

----

apos;'
[image]
20.02.2020 - 13:19
JoHn Doe
^ Saxon is not 50 years old, they formed in 1976.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
18.03.2020 - 10:30
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Saxon Postpones UK Shows; Announces Rescheduled Dates

British heavy metal icons Saxon has announced that they too have been forced to postpone their shows in the UK, which were scheduled to take place this month with such special guests as Krokus, Diamond Head and Girlschool.

A message from the bands reads as follows:

"Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic and public reaction to the spread of Coronavirus, Saxon have had to, with deep regret, postpone the three UK shows planned this month in Glasgow (March 27th), London (March 28th) & Manchester (March 29th)."

To keep the bands fans and everyone else involved with the shows safe at this time, the shows have been postponed to the following dates:

Saturday August 8th - Glasgow Barrowland Ballroom
Saturday September 5th - London Eventim Apollo
Sunday September 6th - Manchester O2 Apollo

All tickets will remain valid for these revised show dates.

Biff Byford "We are TRULY sorry for having to make this announcement to postpone the SOLD OUT shows in Glasgow & London and almost Sold Out Manchester show, but with all that is happening right now, we had no choice. To keep everyone in good health is our No1 priority - as should be everyone's - and this coupled with the governments recommendation to curtail public gathering's, the borders closed to get our production and personnel to UK and the fact the Eventim Apollo is closing it's doors until at least the end of March all went to make playing the shows at the end of next week impossible. PLEASE keep your tickets for the new show dates and lets all fight this problem we are faced with together. Stay well and Stay Safe and see you all in August & September."

Source: Facebook
14.02.2021 - 19:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]