Metal Storm logo
Do you work out, and why?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 01.07.2007 - 16:59
well, i was just curious, with all the metal imagery consisting of so many "musclebands"(manowar, venom, hammerfall etc) who try to look so tough and "heavy", and having muscly band members is a must.

i do, for health and looking good.

Poll

Why do you work out, if you do?

both of the above
don't work out
for health
to look good

Total votes: 228
19.12.2012 - 10:30
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 30.11.2012 at 00:28

Written by Guest on 20.09.2012 at 18:21

Written by Guest on 19.09.2012 at 18:50

Written by Guest on 03.09.2012 at 05:42

I'm going back into the military. Have to train for BUDS (Navy Seal Selection). Have lots and I mean lots of fucking work to do.

wish u luck bruh, always wanted to join the forces but somehow am scared of the training., so i can make no soldier

Training was my favorite party. Just need to know that you won't die.

How many pushup you can do up to a time ? or in 2 minutes... I heard the army training hard pushup many as you can in 2 minutes... : )

We used to do as many as you can do in two minutes without rest. My highest was 119. Now I am lucky if i'll hit 30.
19.12.2012 - 17:04
FOOCK Nam

Written by Guest on 19.12.2012 at 10:30

Written by FOOCK Nam on 30.11.2012 at 00:28

Written by Guest on 20.09.2012 at 18:21

Written by Guest on 19.09.2012 at 18:50

I'm going back into the military. Have to train for BUDS (Navy Seal Selection). Have lots and I mean lots of fucking work to do.

wish u luck bruh, always wanted to join the forces but somehow am scared of the training., so i can make no soldier

Training was my favorite party. Just need to know that you won't die.

How many pushup you can do up to a time ? or in 2 minutes... I heard the army training hard pushup many as you can in 2 minutes... : )

We used to do as many as you can do in two minutes without rest. My highest was 119. Now I am lucky if i'll hit 30.

Wow, nice bro : ))) . My highest was 70. Now I only can reach to 40 as to the most. Not bad, right ? It's nice information, motivating me to continue
22.12.2012 - 06:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One

good luck, train HARD. i had a roommate who was going to go seal, dude was pretty bad ass. his dad was a master sergeant in the USArmy, stationed in Korea. received Kenpo training from a legit grand master. could floor other shipmates with the one-inch punch, insisting we use a pillow as some form of padding... his idea of of a jog was the 15mi run down to the beach at the USAF race.

lost contact after completion of my service.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.01.2013 - 09:55
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
For the ladies of course its become a habit for me ..... just a simple workout though nothing serious
16.01.2013 - 04:27
FOOCK Nam

Wooooooow, it sounds a lot of fun in army workout. I somewhat confidently guess I can pass the minimum score as MetallicA mentioning above, yeah could be also if pushing. I run not so well, I cant run fast, though for long length running may I can last. It is nice thing in army training is that it harden your strength and endurance with a some specific mandatory record. It also helps you in good shape. But in workout life general, what tears me apart is I always get in between choices, shape or strength. If workout for strength then you can make it all through all exercise types, but if for being in wanted shape, you need certain pattern for the fitness. Which compelling and tightening you, get confined to some extent.
17.01.2013 - 06:28
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
I am skinny but i dont want to hit the gyms either... every douche goes to gym around here, dont want to end up like one of those studs. But i might take up some sport soon which ought to keep me healthy and looking good.
17.01.2013 - 21:45
FOOCK Nam

Written by Guest on 17.01.2013 at 06:28

I am skinny but i dont want to hit the gyms either... every douche goes to gym around here, dont want to end up like one of those studs. But i might take up some sport soon which ought to keep me healthy and looking good.

Road cyclist is very healthy sport for endurance and strength, it keeps you for shape too : ) . I usual ride bike a lot when in high school, it makes my feet very strong,.. now even with workout I rarely and feel leg workout is not much of variety to practice.
21.01.2013 - 05:55
MetallicA

@Brothers Forever - yeah very true. It seems like you're either good at the strength exercises or the cardio exercises. I can do pushups and situps all day long but I freakin suck at running fast. (I guess I still run faster than most Americans though, freakin fatasses haha) There are people who can run stupid fast all day long but have absolutely no upper body strength. I guess I'm pretty balanced but running is definitely my weaker point.

Bikes are great too. I used to ride bikes all the time when I was a kid & a teenager...not for working out but just to get places since I wasn't old enough to drive yet lol

@Graywizzard - screw them! Go to the gym if you want. You won't end up being a douche just by going
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
23.01.2013 - 02:43
stupid noob
Account deleted
I voted "both of the above" because I like to stay in shape but also look good for the ladies! It's too bad the only ladies I deal with are over the phone, so they can't even see if I'm fit or not! HA!
02.07.2022 - 23:52
Joppe
Steelemeister
There should be a third option as well: to enjoy it. Maybe I would pick all three then, now just both. I sold all my weights a couple of years ago, then bought some strength bands lately. They are a good small budget choice, maybe they sound something for women, but do they really work, it's better resistance than with weights.
----
My vision is augmented
22.09.2022 - 20:18
Metal Rasputin

Back when I started working out as a teenager I just wanted to gain some muscle and look cool. Nowadays I just enjoy doing it, working out's a healthy way to let out some steam and going hardcore with the intensity is always fun. Also, a good overall physical condition helps out a lot with getting a job. No matter how educated or uneducated you are, there's always huge demand for people who can make some heavy stuff move.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!