Band: Blind Guardian
Album: The Bard's Song (In The Forest)
Release date: May 2003

01. The Bard's Song (In The Forest) [new studio recording version]
02. The Bard's Song (In The Forest) [Live In Milano, October 10th 2002]
03. The Bard's Song (In The Forest) [Live In Munich, May 5th 2002]
04. The Bard's Song (In The Forest) [Live In Madrid, June 4th 2002]
+ The Bard's Song (In The Forest) [video] [Live In Stuttgart, May 6th 2002]

Through the years Blind Guardian have become one of the best metal bands of all time and probably the best in the fields of power metal. And yes one month before their second live album came out this incredible single.

During the original recording of The Bard's Song (it first appeared in Somewhere Far Beyond album back in 1992) the members have become better musicians. Marcus, Andre and Thomen have grown more mature which means that they can play and control their instruments better than 13 years ago. Moreover Hansi's spectacular voice is more powerful and lyrical than even.
But now let's move a bit more into the single itself. The Bard's Song (In the Forest) is a legend for every BG and generally power Metal fan. It's a calm song based on Tolkien's fantasy world of Middle-Earth. The atmosphere and the feeling makes you dream you were living in that world of myths.
This release consists of four songs and a video track of the song played in Stuttgart. The first track is The Bard's Song re-recorded in a slower tempo and a perfect quality in the recording in comparison with the original and I can for sure claim that it is a lot better. The other three tracks are live recordings of the song in different places (Milano, Munich, Madrid) during BG's last world tour. My favorite of these three is the one in Madrid (in the end of the song you can hear the crowd screaming "ole, ole, ole").

Last but not least I would like to mention the contribution of an amazing crowd that sings along all the time and give another touch of perfection to the song. This single is especially recommended to Blind Guardian fans and to everyone who admires beautiful music. I rate it with 9/10

Written by Ealdamir | 24.10.2004

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 36 users
02.07.2007 - 22:06
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Great single of Blind Guardian. The public in Munich is awesome.
20.02.2008 - 00:46
ScabbeD'~

Hansi Really Shining in Bard's Song////
His voice,Completly is a Voice!
&
Their Live in Milano ,Close all the mouths!
That was Really Perfect!!!

Hits total: 4564 | This month: 5