Metal Storm logo
Keep Of Kalessin

28.05.2006 - 19:06
Nekronoise
OK, the Official thread for Keep Of Kalessin.
I have seen them live twice and they really kick arse.
they're new album "Armada" is great. technical guitars and the vocals are amazing (IMO).
what do you people think about them?
28.05.2006 - 19:12
Damnated
Churchburner
One of the best BM bands of today! I really enjoy their new album, very good stuff, but somehow cathier then the old ones.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
29.05.2006 - 00:17
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Insanely good album...heard it last week its fantastic and so agressive its insane! Best tracks are "Armada" (fantastic melodic chorus) and "Wealth of Darkness" the clean vocals in it really brings a new dimension its awesome....the whole album is really great, if only more bands delivered quality like that
29.05.2006 - 16:03
matos
Finally this band has thread (again)! They are great, seen them live => awesome
But i bear them a grudge, because they canceled the gig last month so i haven't heard any armada songs live, dammit !
PS: hope this thread dosen't turn into the private chatroom of Damnated and me again
----
29.05.2006 - 16:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I like this band, but lsot their music after the pc crash. (Some months ago, but still has it's consequences.. how much do I depend..)

Anyway, I'm gonna download some new stuff, and post my new opinion of them..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.05.2006 - 22:36
Zeleznk
Saw them live too, the performance was great IMO and the crowd's responce was good (a lot of headbanging in the first row, many raised hands, but as usual some people in the back were just standing there and looked as if they were dying of boredom).

I find the band quite good and I like their style. They're a bit different than other BM bands, which is excellent. Too bad I only have 1 album (Releam).
----
()...()
:0,,0:
30.05.2006 - 11:08
_HIV_
they are great! saw them live once ... and i thougt i'll saw them again supporting CF ... but they didn't come! that was a bummer! but then i saw they were replaced with bloodthorn and that was even better
but keep of kalessin are a great black metal band their album through times of war is superb!
09.06.2006 - 06:40
mvikred
I love their recent album 'armada' .. thts the only album ive heard till date, but i'm planning on finding their older stuff after listening to armada. amazing black metal.
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
12.06.2006 - 01:10
Almar
Account deleted
I bought the album armada when i was in sweden last month...it´s F***ING awsome..ehemm....in my opinion a great album and after listening to it I defenitly intend to buy their other albums.
12.06.2006 - 05:24
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Keep Of Kalessin are a brillian mix between agressive and melodic Black Metal... I think their last album is their most "mature", but I actually hate to use that word because it doesn't necessary mean that things are better... KoK are an example of that; while "Armada" sounds very "perfect" somehow, I still miss the unleashed dark fury of their older releases...

Very good band nevertheless... extremely good one.
12.06.2006 - 19:31
matos
Written by Guest on 12.06.2006 at 05:24

Keep Of Kalessin are a brillian mix between agressive and melodic Black Metal... I think their last album is their most "mature", but I actually hate to use that word because it doesn't necessary mean that things are better... KoK are an example of that; while "Armada" sounds very "perfect" somehow, I still miss the unleashed dark fury of their older releases...

...if i may continue: This new style (on Armada) is the PERFECT example of moderen Black metal - good production, not sell-out, other genre influences, melody... but still black metal!
----
15.06.2006 - 03:10
Daru Jericho
They're an awesome underrated BM band. It seems like a lot of people have seen them live here. I hope to catch them supporting 1349, Zyklon and Enslaved later this year (gig made in Heaven, or maybe Hell is more adequate). Armarda is quite a good album, actually. Strong, heavy and a good model for what a lot of modern BM should sound like these days. A lot of nice melodies embellishing the music.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

04.07.2006 - 11:06
FjellFisk
Account deleted
the first two discs were great because of their intensity. very aggressive and didn't let up. the mcd after that was quite a treat with Attila on vocals and Frost on drums. Armada has not impressed me as much. it's good but after the mcd the drums and vocals just seem very lacking for me. the other elements i like are still there but it just doesn't do as much for me as their previous work.
04.07.2006 - 11:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I saw the album today and liked the cover of it, didnt get it though mainly because i didnt know anything of the band. Reckon i will now because of whats said here. Plus on the KoK site it listed these media reviews:
7 of 7 - Metal Hammer
6 of 6 - Troenderavisa
6 of 6 - Eternal Terror
6 of 6 - Eternal Terror 2nd review
6 of 6 - Adresseavisen
6 of 6 - Bergens Tidende
9.5 of 10 - Heavymetal.no
Sounds pretty good to me, although you cant really go by what some of these medias' rate albums and some bands.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
05.07.2006 - 04:03
Niflhel
Account deleted
Armade will by far be the best album of 06
Ive missed them TWICE now, but ill see them in juli and then later in september (the glasgow show)
woooh, cant wait!
05.07.2006 - 23:07
Highlander
Account deleted
I'm going to see them when they play with Enslaved aswell. Might get an album or something before the gig.
23.07.2006 - 15:57
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Yeh got 'Armada' and i really liked it!!
One of the better new (as in new fresh) black metal bands that ive heard in a while. Really enjoyed it and ive listened to a fair bit now, still love it. One of the better releases for 2006 i thinks
----

Hellcunt Smurf
23.07.2006 - 18:47
Basso
Account deleted
I have only heard Armada but damn this was some great stuff. I am definitly going to check more albums out,
24.07.2006 - 00:35
W-Lash
Metal Master
I heard them in live concert and i didn't like the singing style - vocalist should train his voice on more bass. Sometimes it sounded like King Diamond or Iron Maiden style (and that doesn't fit in black metal).
24.07.2006 - 01:33
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Im so pissed off that I will miss them and Insomnium in the UK...fuck i was in the UK for 2 years and now im back home in SA and we dont get any bands - how fuckin unlucky
24.07.2006 - 15:45
SteTech
You talking about the Enslaved/Zyklon/1349 tour? I'll be off to that. I haven't heard any KoK yet, but I shall do before the gig
26.07.2006 - 20:55
matos
what about Satyricon, Keep Of Kalessin, Insomnium tour ? That will be awesome! can't wait
Yey! i'll finally hear Armada! I've seen KoK before but that was just after Frost and Attila left and before Armada was created, but they still kicked ass !!
----
27.07.2006 - 11:56
Daru Jericho
KOK have dropped out of the Enslaved UK tour but will be appearing with Satyricon on the UK dates, so I'll be there too. They're way better than Satyricon.
----

29.07.2006 - 16:48
matos
hmm i have a question about the tour with Satyricon: Is obsidian c. doing double job on this tour ? REmember he is Satyricon live guitarist and the lead machine of KoK. So does he play for both bands in one night ?
----
29.07.2006 - 18:39
Nekronoise
I think he does.
30.07.2006 - 00:05
Daru Jericho
Written by matos on 29.07.2006 at 16:48

hmm i have a question about the tour with Satyricon: Is obsidian c. doing double job on this tour ? REmember he is Satyricon live guitarist and the lead machine of KoK. So does he play for both bands in one night ?

Hm...that's a good question. I'm going to guess that he will play with both bands seeing as nothing about him not playing with either has been said.
----

05.08.2006 - 08:53
Soleil Noir
Account deleted
I enjoyed the most recent KoK album quite a lot. Has that extreme 'battle metal' flavour without being pompous about it like some bands with similar themes are. The vocals took me a little while to get used to, especially during the first track on that release, but after that I found them more naturalistic and 'earthy' than many. Worthwhile band for sure.
05.08.2006 - 21:01
thanatos_7
I have the Armada album is really good, but is a little repetitive.
----
Long live the Death Metal!!!!!!
15.08.2006 - 14:40
IhsahnFan
Account deleted
I saw them live with Satyricon, they just blow Satyricon away and made the night their own:) F***ing amazing band one of the best norwegian band at the moment;D
16.08.2006 - 03:39
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Armada kicks ass. It's one of the best BM albums for 2006.