Metal Storm logo
Keep Of Kalessin

Original post

Posted by Nekronoise, 28.05.2006 - 19:06
OK, the Official thread for Keep Of Kalessin.
I have seen them live twice and they really kick arse.
they're new album "Armada" is great. technical guitars and the vocals are amazing (IMO).
what do you people think about them?
17.08.2006 - 04:20
Daru Jericho

I'd say it was one of the best metal albums of 2006.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

27.08.2006 - 22:46
matos

hi there! i noticed an interesting thing on band's homepage: as you (should) know they were filming video for the song "Into the fire", but they weren't pleased with what came out, so half-finished video was promised (by director) never to be aired. But director broke the promise and video was played on one or two norwegian tv channels. Obsidian was pissed off, because he believs the video just so lame that no fan should see it.
Well here's my question: have anyone see the video? is it really that bad ?? Can it be seen anywhere now ?
----
28.08.2006 - 09:38
Nekronoise

You can see the video on YouTube.
And i think that it doesn't look so bad at all. Well it is quite simple, but i wouldn't say that it's lame.
28.08.2006 - 18:14
matos

Written by Nekronoise on 28.08.2006 at 09:38

And i think that it doesn't look so bad at all. Well it is quite simple, but i wouldn't say that it's lame.

thanks dude! yeah it's not as lame as Obsidian said! Man used some very strong words against this "shit". imagine how would it look if it was finished the way he/they wanted it !!
----
29.08.2006 - 18:30
CARNALABHORRENCE
Account deleted
This band is pretty decent, not to mention above average, but yet somewhat boring. I can't just sit around listening to these guys without trying to unbore my mind from the music. Point is, I like it, but it's boring as shit.
29.08.2006 - 18:35
FrozenSky

I watched the new video too and I can see Obsidians frustration towards it. The effects and all were good, but overall it was quite boring and bland.
30.08.2006 - 17:41
matos

Written by FrozenSky on 29.08.2006 at 18:35

I watched the new video too and I can see Obsidians frustration towards it. The effects and all were good, but overall it was quite boring and bland.

don't forget to mention unfinished !
----
01.09.2006 - 00:43
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
"Armada" is a pretty impressive effort, after Dark Fortress' "Séance" it's definetly the 2nd best Black Metal album of the year.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
02.09.2006 - 02:29
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Kinda weird video...all the blackness going on during it sometimes you cant see shit for like 10 seconds.....not enough cool footage of the band too much on the vocalist..

killer song tho
07.09.2006 - 17:06
Hyvaarin

A friend of mine saw them at Inferno and is in love with them. The few songs I've heard were really cool, so I'll definitely be picking up 'Armada' when I get the money.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
30.10.2006 - 13:34
Gormur
Account deleted
Armada i a great Cd. one of the best black metal albums this year
01.11.2006 - 16:57
ASiema113

Picked up the Armada after hearing a track or two and the cd kicks fucking ass. Intense speed on guitar and drums and I like the way it's sung although part of "The Black Uncharted seems to me a bit too light about into the middle of the song it get's a bit too melodic as far as the vocals go(If that makes any sense at all) but is followed by some brutal BM vocals. I give the cd a 9 out of 10. An album any BMer should not pass up this album is a gem.

Hails to Obsiden C and to all of Keep Of Kalessin
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
02.11.2006 - 02:14
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Passenger on 01.09.2006 at 00:43

"Armada" is a pretty impressive effort, after Dark Fortress' "Séance" it's definetly the 2nd best Black Metal album of the year.

indeed... not the best two (that honout belongs to Wolves In The Throne Room and Bloodthorn), but both are awesome black metal...

Personally, I find Armada a superlative albun for the context of a "just" good act like Keep Of Kalessin
02.11.2006 - 02:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
How do you guys like their previous album, Agnen? I haven't heard it, but if I find it somewhere I'll most likely buy it.
11.11.2006 - 07:50
Hyvaarin

Written by Hyvaarin on 07.09.2006 at 17:06

A friend of mine saw them at Inferno and is in love with them. The few songs I've heard were really cool, so I'll definitely be picking up 'Armada' when I get the money.

I bought it last week. It's my pick for album of the year (tied with the new BG).
----
23.11.2006 - 18:50
Thryce
Retired Staff
Norwegian black metallers Keep Of Kalessin performed live in Paris, France on September 26th at Locomotive. A video of the band performing the track 'Come Damnation' (from their 2003 Reclaim EP) can be viewed here.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
04.01.2007 - 22:47
Kataplexi
Account deleted
I just luv Keep of Kalessin. Armada was one of the best albums of two1000six
06.01.2007 - 02:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daru Jericho on 17.08.2006 at 04:20

I'd say it was one of the best metal albums of 2006.

I woud say best disapointment of year, forgot menation it when post bes t BM records of 2006

But Armada was better how previsuly album

only album what i listen from band are ''Through Times of War'' this is only what I like, maybe next are good too, but this are better

BTW band are in MS now
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.01.2007 - 08:59
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
They kick ass , love all the album by them ..... heared them last month first time and i was amazed. 'Through Times of War' is BEST by them IMO. although love the new release of the band 'Armada' its too damn agressive .... more of DM stuff !!

They are fresh good and brilliant !! Long way to go .....
09.02.2007 - 23:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
So I just heard Keep Of Kalessin for the first time a few minutes ago....wow, its a hybrid of so many great sounds, Belphegor 1349, Marduk and even a little bit of Opeth. Very unique, im definitly going to get 'Armada' for me its tied with Belphegors 'Pestapokalypse VI' for the black metal album of 2006.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.02.2007 - 00:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 09.02.2007 at 23:35

So I just heard Keep Of Kalessin for the first time a few minutes ago....wow, its a hybrid of so many great sounds, Belphegor 1349, Marduk and even a little bit of Opeth. Very unique, im definitly going to get 'Armada' for me its tied with Belphegors 'Pestapokalypse VI' for the black metal album of 2006.

I HP are mp3 where thay playb live soem other Norvegian band cover songs try it if want + video too
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.02.2007 - 08:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Nekronoise on 28.08.2006 at 09:38

Are you reffering to the one for 'into the fire'?, cus i watched that for the first time when I was on some illegal vision warping intoxicants and it was the most intense video id ever seen in all its simplicity.
----
- George Carlin
21.02.2007 - 12:03
Hyvaarin

Bought 'Through Times of War' on the weekend - LOVE it, fuck I can't get enough of this band. Less clear and brutal, but still very fast and atmospheric and dark.

(goodbye, 666 post count )
----
22.02.2007 - 07:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I still find 'into the fire' an odd choice for the video, its a good song, but its far from the best song on the album.
----
- George Carlin
12.04.2007 - 03:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
The one thing I just noticed about Keep Of Kalessin that made me happy is how they seemed to take the the metalstorm awards somewhat seriously. On there website and myspace page I saw adds for 'Vote for KoK in the metalstorm awards', which I havnt seen on any other nominees websites or anything.
----
- George Carlin
22.04.2007 - 05:03
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
I like KoK a lot, even through all the changes. My favorite is Reclaim because of the presence of Attila Csihar... but all their stuff is classy, top notch BM.
22.04.2007 - 20:01
Lathronniel

hmmm...it's ok...
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
23.04.2007 - 02:36
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Very good good band, and "Armada" what fucking great masterpiece . As Melchesh they would deserve a bigger consideration, goods bands playing good and very interesting music.
23.04.2007 - 15:43
Dub
Account deleted
Very good band, also virtually note perfect live. Only thing I can say is that after meeting them after the gig, Obsidian was a bit of a twat compared to the rest of the band who were really down to earth and nice people. He even refused to be in a photo the bastard.

Still great band nonetheless.
04.05.2007 - 21:19
Lathronniel

haha don't expect some of the big guys to do that..some yeah but the most..hell no esspecialy vocalists
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...