Michael Angelo Batio
John 5
Paul Gilbert
Rusty Cooley

Total votes: 39
03.07.2007 - 14:28
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
hey just wanted to see who was the peoples favourite shredder, Mine personally is John 5 because he is so diverse and multi talented.
04.07.2007 - 09:33
Lord TJ

I chose other, there are too many guitarists in the world and this poll wont express much. I would choose Randy Rhoads.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
05.07.2007 - 01:12
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
When I say shredder I mean Guitar player with a solo album.
Well known for there solo work.
05.07.2007 - 11:16
Torture Killer
Account deleted
As a rytham guitarist my favorite "shredder" is Scott Ian. But When it comes guitarists i enjoy listening to its probably Zakk Wylde, Dimebag, or Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman.
05.07.2007 - 14:42
W-Lash
Metal Master
I'd say Batio...
I don't like his songs very much but this freak is fucking skilled.
07.07.2007 - 19:16
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I voted for Paul Gilbert because I think that this guy can play any fucking style, plus he has good speed (very fast) and he has wonderful techniques.
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
08.07.2007 - 09:55
Hatebreeder_509
Account deleted
i love all of them ... but i would hafto choose buckethead... because i like the way the thinks... its all unconventional and different... he thinks outside of the box... but i love all the others just the same
09.07.2007 - 07:49
[southern]metal

I picked Buckethead. He is an amazing player and songwriter. I really like John5 also. I love how he mixes the country style into his shred.
----
oderint dum metuant
13.07.2007 - 09:04
ASiema113

I myself choose the man of the bucket, although I was somewhat was leaning towards his instructor but bucket came into my life first and as they say "the student surpasses the teacher" in this case I find it very true. (insert buckethead smiley here)

P.S. Personally I felt that Becker should have been added to the roster more the malmsteen IMO.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
07.09.2007 - 22:54
Too many fail.

I was never interested in shred music that much and always loved the more "tasteful" players so my vote would go to brett garsed who plays something between shred and jazz/funk fusion. Very cool and versatile player.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
08.09.2007 - 17:15
Remus

I'm the first to vote for Malmsteen! I guess he's more known for sweeping but i think his shredding is THAT good!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
09.09.2007 - 03:17
Chaosgoat

Written by Remus on 08.09.2007 at 17:15

I'm the first to vote for Malmsteen! I guess he's more known for sweeping but i think his shredding is THAT good!

He has stated that he doesnt sweep. He uses pure alternate picking. He truely is a technique god.
09.09.2007 - 19:41
Too many fail.

Written by Chaosgoat on 09.09.2007 at 03:17

Written by Remus on 08.09.2007 at 17:15

He has stated that he doesnt sweep. He uses pure alternate picking. He truely is a technique god.

I dont believe that. And if he does he's a dork, why would you want to alt pick arpeggios that can be sweeped much easier? Guitarists are lazy people they want to play the easiest way possible without messing up.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
09.09.2007 - 22:04
Remus

^Yeah it's bullshit, i've seen him sweep in many videos. He's excellent at it though...
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
10.09.2007 - 08:14
Chaosgoat

@crypt crawler & Remus. I agree that what he claims is probably bullshit, and and he has an ego the size of the earth, but Ive seen some videos of him playing and although he does do alot of sweeping, he does other styles of apregios and definatly alt picks them. He would probably say that hes playing so fast that the naked eye cant tell that whether or not hes sweeping. If you go with that, he could play one note and say he played 10 different ones really fast. And I agree, we guitarists are indeed a lazy bunch.
23.05.2008 - 23:33
vatro
Account deleted
Voted for Vai he is inovative not boring
24.05.2008 - 01:34
Sunioj

I don't like any of these guitarists to be perfectly honest, even though they may do awesome solos and have great speed I tend to appreciate guitarists that can just make good riffs without being too fancy. I can't relate to these quote unquote, 'guitar gods'.

Galder, Seth of Watain, the one lead guitarist of Shining (forgot his bloody name), Mick Kenney from Anaal Nathrakh, Scott Hull from Pig Destroyer; you might think these guys aren't anything special, but to me, the way they contribute to the music presented, is flawless.
25.05.2008 - 16:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Malmsteen, because his technique is just flawless. Purrfect.

imo he is the god of the guitar, i've never heard anyone play that good. that guy cannot fuck up one note on the guitar, every little tiny sound that comes out of the amps is intentional and perfectly calculated. i'd kill to have his technique. seriously.
29.05.2008 - 15:00
Hangar XVIII

Joe Satriani isn't the fastest ever, but his tone and feel are far past any of the others listed (In my opinion).
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
04.06.2008 - 20:16
Frankenchrist

i'd have to go with paul gilbert. i think micheal angelo batio's the fastest guitar player alive BUT not many shredders have ryth,m. they just go off into tons of crazy fast parts.which is fine, but paul gilbert's have nice harmonies that u actually remember.
----
Blat Blat
25.06.2008 - 10:49
JunN_Vai

Luca Turilly, the mighty symphonic power metal i ever heard. Not only speed on solo's n riffs, but genious musician (combined with his partner on rhapsody of fire alex staropoli). Once again genious musics that he created...
26.06.2008 - 04:58
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Daniel Mongrain of Martyr.
I love his style of playing, how he infuses jazz with extreme metal in a perfect way. He plays alot on odd time signatures which is always fun to listen to, he creates interesting as well as mesmerizing riffs, and he can shred like a fucking maniac. All in all, this guy is a great musician.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
14.07.2008 - 02:37
Ameretat
Account deleted
Written by Visioneerie on 26.06.2008 at 04:58

Daniel Mongrain of Martyr.

Get this guy a beer, folks. Martyr are THE shit. Mongrain may not be my favorite shredder, but I like his compositions.

Anyway, I voted for Vai, because I can't really label him. He is very exotic, unpredictable and... well he's a fucking genious as far as articulation and expression goes. Plus, all those japanese and east-european scales are not in everyone's guitar work
14.08.2008 - 05:45
Thunderdrake

Yeah Buckethead. Awesome shredder, super odd, and has composed horror movie soundtracks. Hell yeah. Before I knew about buckethead my favorite shredder was totally Randy Rhoads.
----
For Metal!!!
15.08.2008 - 01:20
thesabbathfan

Batio! Any guy who can play that double neck so godly gets my vote.
----
16.09.2008 - 00:07
Nightmare^

I consider Satriani as the most accomplished guitarist, and if not THE, one of the best. Malmsteen would get my vote for his technique and influence on many other guitarists. This summer though, i listened Jeff Loomis shreding, and also listened his solo album. He definatelly gets my vote. He combines much skill and technique with extreme metal sound, something that noone does imo. And he's still young...let's see what he will do over the years
----
11.10.2008 - 22:27
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by thesabbathfan on 15.08.2008 at 01:20

yeah dude! Batio is INSANE.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.10.2008 - 19:08
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by LeChron James on 11.10.2008 at 22:27

As from what i've seen Batio just looks like a wanker. Yeah he can play, but in the name of Satan he has to cut out on the amphetamines haha.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
13.10.2008 - 00:18
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Visioneerie on 12.10.2008 at 19:08

Written by LeChron James on 11.10.2008 at 22:27

As from what i've seen Batio just looks like a wanker. Yeah he can play, but in the name of Satan he has to cut out on the amphetamines haha.

dude Doc from Vader died of an amphetamine overdose, if he didnt have to lay off why should Batio LOL
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.