Metal Storm logo
Slayer: Seasons or South Of Heaven?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 28.05.2006 - 19:15
Well usually after Reign In Blood most Slayer fans will say their favorite Slayer album is one of these 2 (if they don't like them more than RIB) so I'd like to see which is preferred.
For me it's definetly Seasons. South Of Heaven is a great album but one thing kind of messed it up for me: the vocals. I think they were the weakest vocals Tom has ever done. Not to say their horrible, and they do fit the music I suppose but they bore me after a while. However the album has alot of awesome songs like South Of Heaven, Spill The Blood, Manditory Suicide...and a personal favorite of mine Behind The Crooked Cross . Seasons however was an AMAZING album from all aspects. Incredible riffs throughout, great vocals and lyrics, flawless drumming...I love it. It's right behind RIB for me. Which do you prefer??

Poll

Which do you like better?

Seasons In The Abyss
South Of Heaven

Total votes: 165
29.06.2006 - 09:22
Endoftherainbow
South of Heaven is my second favorite Slayer album closely followed by Seasons in the Abyss (Show No Mercy being my favorite). I think South of Heaven is better firstly because it is more heavy and aggressive then Seasons. I also think this album has the best drumming on any Slayer album Dave Lombardo put some amazing drum fills on this album. This album also contains better songs then Seasons because it has songs like South of Heaven, Live Undead, Behind the Crooked Cross, Manditory Suicide, Ghost of War, Cleanse the Soul, Dissident Aggressor, Spill the Blood, and Read Between the Lies... oh wait that's every song Not one bad song on the album. Also I like this album better because of the cool vibe it gives off because it is a slower thrash album and isn't just about speed. Also I don't really see anything wrong with Toms vocals on South of Heaven because to me they seem pretty similar on Seasons in the Abyss. So my vote goes for South of Heaven.
29.06.2006 - 22:52
MetallicA
I put South of Heaven. Both those albums are great but I like South of Heaven just a little bit more.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
30.06.2006 - 02:04
nick35
Account deleted
seasons and south are both really cool but south is the best
02.07.2006 - 20:09
tulkas
el parcero
south of heaven is great, probably my favorite. still, seasons is also great, specially the song seasons in the abyss. anyway salyer is one of the best and greates bands ever
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.08.2006 - 10:36
Staylow
Account deleted
Seasons, definately!! There are some really killer tracks on South of Heaven, but overall it doesn't hit me like Seasons does, which is my favorite Slayer album overall. South of Heaven probably hits right around 4 or 5.
10.08.2006 - 11:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
seasons got to me a lot easier than south.not that i'm understimating south,but seasons has my favorite slayer track,skeletons of society.also the title track is really good,although it's not "true" thrash.
11.08.2006 - 04:15
Thrash666
I voted for "Seasons"
"South of Heaven" is an awesome too but i feel that "Seasons in the Abyss" is more thrash and just a better album to thrash to.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
04.09.2006 - 15:47
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
To be honest, I've always considered "South Of Heaven" to be their weakest, out of their first 5, I don't find it to be particularly catchy nor extreme, compared to the others. "Seasons" gets my vote.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
06.09.2006 - 00:03
Bengans
Account deleted
Voted Seasons... It has very good tracks. And i think Tom's vocals are better in Seasons. but my favourite slayer album after RIB is Hell Awaits!
06.09.2006 - 09:03
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Guest on 06.09.2006 at 00:03

Voted Seasons... It has very good tracks. And i think Tom's vocals are better in Seasons. but my favourite slayer album after RIB is Hell Awaits!

Funny... Hell Awaits was released before Reign In Blood
----

Hellcunt Smurf
06.09.2006 - 16:55
Bengans
Account deleted
Written by Xtreme Jax on 06.09.2006 at 09:03

Written by Guest on 06.09.2006 at 00:03

Funny... Hell Awaits was released before Reign In Blood

hehe yeah i know it was released before, but that was not what i meant. What i meant was that I think Hell Awaits is the second best album overall. "my favourite slayer album after RIB is Hell Awaits" my favourite album except RIB and not after RIB.
06.09.2006 - 18:44
Basso
Account deleted
I would go with Seasons In The Abyss, its just The best slayer album for me
04.10.2006 - 04:56
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
south of heaven for me. some of the songs are just mind blowingly great. songs like south of heaven and mandatory suicide really make tis album a classic
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
30.11.2006 - 14:40
angel
Account deleted
seasons. but south of heaven is one of my most favourite songs
just love it.it is also my ringtone on my mobile
30.11.2006 - 15:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
South of Heaven<Seasons in the Abyss
SitA is the better one out of these two. SoH have South of Heaven, Silent Scream and Spill the Blood. But SitA have War Ensemble, Seasons in the Abyss and Skeletons of Society. Araya is always great, but I like his voice less on SoH ... Slayer are meant to be fast, not slow. And Arayas vocals on SoH does slow down the songs. So my vote goes to SitA, but I think both of them are brilliant albums!
----
30.11.2006 - 17:27
Sunioj
South of Heaven,
It has a more old school feel to it, and plus arayas voice IMO is much better on that album.
30.11.2006 - 18:35
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I prefer South of Heaven, but Seasons in the Abyss is close.
01.12.2006 - 02:44
Bitch Boy
South of Heaven, the title song is one of my Slayer favorites, and the whole album is very good, but this doesn't mean that Seasons in the Abyss is a bad album.
01.12.2006 - 06:55
Spirit Crusher
Account deleted
In comparison Seasons of the Abyss is much better. South of Heaven is a good album aswell
02.12.2006 - 19:51
Megadeth88
I'd take South of Heaven over Seasons In The Abyss. Spill The Blood is possibly the best song on South of Heaven. No questions asked. As for Seasons In The Abyss..... It's good, it's just I don't get the same feeling like I do when I listen to South of Heaven. It's really good but I just perfer South of Heaven over Seasons In The Abyss.
11.01.2007 - 09:14
Wings Of Hydra
Account deleted
Mostly all of slayers "Work" is Overrated....
11.01.2007 - 15:36
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 11.01.2007 at 09:14

Mostly all of slayers "Work" is Overrated....

Then dont post here, you are just giving them more attention.
17.01.2007 - 09:54
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
My choice is Seasons In The Abyss. South Of Heaven is a great Slayer album but they really had a great album with Seasons In The Abyss. It's a personal favorite too because it was the first Slayer album I listened to.
10.02.2007 - 08:15
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
I like South of Heaven more, the vocals may be a bit weaker but the drumming and guitaring are awsome in that album.
10.02.2007 - 14:37
Angelstorm
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.09.2006 at 18:44

I would go with Seasons In The Abyss, its just The best slayer album for me

Couldn't agree more. I like it more than Reign in Blood as well..
10.02.2007 - 14:43
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted for South Of Heaven cause it is my favorite Slayer album, I like this album more than Reign In Blood and Show No Mercy. It is little slower then other Slayer albums but it gives some special atmosphere, just listen to to South Of Heaven riff, it is real evil. All songs are perfect and I just can't see how they manage to make all those grim riffs especially it wasn't Slayer speciality. Definetly South Of Heaven, but Seasons In Abyss is also great album, I am sorry Slayer is not making albums by that anymore.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
14.02.2007 - 20:40
# 1 slayer fan
Account deleted
actually i am new here and i think that any thing made by slayer is F*&?king awesome !!!!
21.02.2007 - 14:30
FabricationError
Account deleted
Seasons in the Abyss gets my vote...cuz my favourite Slayer song , War Ensemble is in it and Tom Araya's vocal sounds better to me at this album.....
23.02.2007 - 19:29
Martinikuss
Seasons of course ! I dont need write any more
26.07.2007 - 18:11
Infurnace
South Of Heaven gets my vote. It contains a lot of the Slayer classics. It's the best Slayer album with "Reign In Blood", although Seasons In The Abyss is also really good.