Metal Storm logo
To-Mera - New Album Details

According to their band official myspace :

Hi Folks. Time for an update I reckon ..

Well, we've got 8 new songs in various states of completion. Titles confirmed so far include "The Lie", "A Sorrow to Kill", "Merry-Go-Round" and "Asylum". Working titles (IE: these could change!) include "Temptation" and "A Silver Key".

We will start the recording process on the 21st August, again using Brett Caldas-Lima who produced the debut "Transcendental". Recording will take place near Oxford, England at a purpose built rehearsal studio (which is a bit better than the "back room of a pub" like last time, hehe).

The music's definitely going in a heavier direction. I know most bands say this, but since Tom is writing a majority of the stuff with his 7-string baritone tuned to F# it's definitely true. The songs are also going to be considerably more complex and roundly structured than before. All the parts that have become "typically" To-Mera are still going to be there only much more so in every possible way. There's more fluidity and emotional depth to the new songs. We're all more than happy with the way things are working out.

You may be pleased to know the average song time is still hitting the seven minute mark!

We'll be doing some kind of daily journal when the recording actually starts. I'll post a link when it's available.

Cheers!

Lee & To-Mera.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: To-Mera
Posted: 04.07.2007 by lupas

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 10 users
04.07.2007 - 20:47
wrathchild

Quote:
The music's definitely going in a heavier direction. I know most bands say this, but since Tom is writing a majority of the stuff with his 7-string baritone tuned to F# it's definitely true.

You don't have to play with downtuned guitars to sound "heavy". I'm starting to get bored of bands that apply to this new philosophy of the metal sound.

Anyway, To-Mera is among the best band I've heard those last years so I'll be waiting for htis new release
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
04.07.2007 - 21:26
Bitch Boy

Heavier To-Mera?? That sounds really interesting!!
05.07.2007 - 09:27
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Grr. Know this, people: The G in -Go- should be capitalized. That is all.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
06.07.2007 - 00:22
Ivor
Staff
Heavier and more complex To-Mera? Now there's a remark. I'm inclined to think To-Mera is heavy and aggressive as it is, I hope going more in that direction doesn't ruin their music. Still, I'll be waiting for the release.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
06.07.2007 - 00:55
Baz Anderson

Written by Ivor on 06.07.2007 at 00:22

Heavier and more complex To-Mera? Now there's a remark. I'm inclined to think To-Mera is heavy and aggressive as it is, I hope going more in that direction doesn't ruin their music. Still, I'll be waiting for the release.

I.

you know I think I did see two of them from To-Mera on the Friday at Hellfest before you got to Clisson..
they were walking down that road from the camp site towards the festival site..
I didn't say hello or anything though, I realised it was probably them by the time they had gone past.. haha. oh well
06.07.2007 - 14:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Syk on 05.07.2007 at 09:27

Done :
----
Your favorite band sucks.
06.07.2007 - 15:09
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Thryce on 06.07.2007 at 14:05

Written by Syk on 05.07.2007 at 09:27

Done :

Wow, haha. I just meant it as a general English lesson to everyone, not the staff in particular, but thanks
(To anyone wondering, it's because it's part of a hyphenated word that's in a title of something)
----

06.07.2007 - 15:18
Thryce
Retired Staff
No problem.
Syk: Metal Storm's very own living Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation
----
Your favorite band sucks.
15.01.2008 - 18:49
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
i already have the album it rocks
----
Stay Metal !!!
16.01.2008 - 05:03
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Dreamwar_86 on 15.01.2008 at 18:49
i already have the album
You do? Damn... is it a promo copy or something? Are there any really aggressive tracks? From the samples that have been released, I'm not quite as excited as I was over the previous album
----

16.01.2008 - 19:14
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by Syk on 16.01.2008 at 05:03

Written by Dreamwar_86 on 15.01.2008 at 18:49
i already have the album
You do? Damn... is it a promo copy or something? Are there any really aggressive tracks? From the samples that have been released, I'm not quite as excited as I was over the previous album

well i downloaded it , yes is more agressive than the first one but i liked the first more
----
Stay Metal !!!

Hits total: 2478 | This month: 3