Metal Storm logo
EzDrummer anyone?

05.07.2007 - 07:58
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Has anyone used EzDrummer by Toontrack? I having troubles with making it the host program instead of a plug-in, but it looks and sounds like a very useful means of drumming without having real drums, which would be great for a one man band. I also have the Drum Kit From Hell disc, which should prove to be very cool.

So anyone have any experiances with this stuff, or can they recommend a differant host program to create drum tracks?
08.07.2007 - 15:22
Remus

Don't know anything about EzDrummer but i use Fruity Loops (FL Studio) quite a lot and the drums sound pretty good on it. So that's a good program to create drum tracks, house rave or black metal.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
09.07.2007 - 14:44
Savage Messiah
Metal Drummer
I have tabtrax lol, don't know anything about ezdrummer... tabtrax is alright, you can print out anything you write in real drum tab and play back what you compose and stuff..
09.07.2007 - 16:24
Eternal Flames

I use FL studio as well and as far as I know EzDrummer can't be used as a host program. It's specifically a plug-in. I don't use the program much myself although a mate of mine does and he's shown it to me. It's certainly an amazing plug-in. He also uses it in FL studio.

Anyway, as Remus said, the drum tracks in FL studio are pretty good. Don't know if you've used the program before, but it's pretty good. Easy to use.
10.07.2007 - 11:16
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Yes it turns out that you have to have a host program, I had the misconception that EZD had one built in. I've been playing around with it in Fruity Loops 7, which I have used before. Now it's a matter of getting Drumkit From Hell to plug into EZD, lol godamnit.. I thought this was suppose to be fairly simplistic.
10.07.2007 - 15:08
Alex Smith

I use Guitar Pro 5 with RSE (Realistic Sound Engine). You can also record it as WMA file (you can change format after). It is professional stuff, I enjoy this one. Sounds good, like real drums.
22.08.2007 - 19:59
Duality

I actually use EzDrummer with DFH Superior expansion kit and I can really recommed it. I'm using that drum machine setting in Sonar 6 - a tracker program that makes it relatively easy to use ready loops - drag&dropping beats and fills - that are located in the DFH/EzDrummer -libraries. I also use Ableton's Live 6.01 -tracker program that, it's practically an easier-to-use but less professional. There is also DFH2, and I've tried it but the user interface is a fucking nightmare. From what I have learned, DFH2 comes with a fuckload of adjusting and mixing components and abilities that may come more than handy, but they sure as hell are hard to use.

This is a side-note and it really serves no particular purpose, but I have a funny way of creating my own drum tracks: I do the notation on the drums by the aforementioned Guitar Pro 5 - all the nuances and every other tiny detail. Then I feed them through DFH-kit on EzDrummer to the tracker program (Live / Sonar). It's a bit tricky manner, but don't we all have our own ways? If you experience some difficulties with it, I am really glad to help you to the best of my abilities.
----
"He who controls the past controls the future.
He who controls the present controls the past"
- George Orwell
06.09.2007 - 07:14
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I recently got DFH2, but I am having some slight difficulties when using Fruity Loops. It seems like there is some delay or lag, perhaps it is latency related, but for example: when I put the two or more snare hit's together (be it three or five square's etc) the following hit's are dampered.
19.02.2010 - 21:45
Throne

I use guitar pro 5 for all tracking of drums, measure by measure, then once I get the full song done, I export as midi, run through ezdrummer with DFH expansion, straight into sony acid pro. The drums are the most real drums you can get without a drummer for $250, and all the files are very small because they are basically midi files. You can then eq the drums in Acid to sound like the most brutal things imaginary. I did this because I was tired of drummer flakes, and waiting around for a drummer to play the way I imagined the music. I just bought EZ drummer 2 nights ago, but I'm a long time programmer in guitar pro. I will soon have full music up on myspace. I would recommend EZDrummer to anyone looking to write realistic drum tracks that are on a professional recording level. Check out Ziltoid the Omniscent from Devin Townsend, or Animals as Leaders to hear what I'm talking about.
19.02.2010 - 22:01
WNStudios

EZDrummer is deffinatley to die for. I use it with FL when i program stuff for myself and with Adobe Audition when i use it for triggering. It sounds very real and when used right it's almost impossible to tell the difference between it and a real drummer.
----
Worship Nothing Studios - Sound for the extreme!
20.02.2010 - 10:28
Sunioj

Ezdrummer is the shit. If there's any program in the world that could make you feel like you are actually jamming to a real beat, its definitely this program. I used to do guitar pro, and this completely shits all over it. Great for improvs! Me and Arian Totalis used to jam out to it a lot too...
21.02.2010 - 12:33
Ahmad

Addictive Drums is better than EZdrummer in my opinion ...it sounds good out of the box...where as ezdrummer needs alot of work to sound good