Metal Storm logo
Manilla Road discussion

17.05.2020 - 19:28
Joppe
Steelemeister
My searching skills may have failed me as I was unable to find a thread for the said band. If there indeed isn't one, the discussion could be have here.
----
My vision is augmented
17.05.2020 - 19:37
Joppe
Steelemeister
I personally never got to see the band live and after hearing about Mark's passing, I don't see a chance for it anymore if the band isn't going to do more of those tribute shows or something of that nature. For anyone interested, there is the Mark Shelton Tribute show from Keep It True 2019 uploaded on https://youtu.be/m_Vft6q8DTY . It's good show with the band + former members of the band and plenty of great guest musicians, recommended at least for Manilla Road fans. It's unfortunate to see that only 6+ thousand people have seen this video.
----
My vision is augmented
17.05.2020 - 21:40
nikarg

Written by Joppe on 17.05.2020 at 19:28

My searching skills may have failed me as I was unable to find a thread for the said band. If there indeed isn't one, the discussion could be have here.

Your searching skills are fine
19.05.2020 - 09:08
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Best heavy metal band ever. All the other heavy metal bands and traditional power metal bands look like plebs compared to Manilla.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
19.05.2020 - 15:56
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Maco on 19.05.2020 at 09:08

Best heavy metal band ever. All the other heavy metal bands and traditional power metal bands look like plebs compared to Manilla.

I could throw in a couple of contenders, but in essence, if we speak of lesser known bands, I agree. There is no other band in HM that I know of, that has released so many exceptionally good albums and songs. Mark the Shark's contributions are enormous.
----
My vision is augmented
19.05.2020 - 16:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Joppe on 19.05.2020 at 15:56

I could throw in a couple of contenders, but in essence, if we speak of lesser known bands, I agree. There is no other band in HM that I know of, that has released so many exceptionally good albums and songs. Mark the Shark's contributions are enormous.

Maybe in USA but in Europe we have many good bands, I need re listen but somehow 90's MR albums are well like I said I need re listen and btw I like better Crinic Ungol
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.05.2020 - 16:25
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 19.05.2020 at 16:15

Written by Joppe on 19.05.2020 at 15:56

Maybe in USA but in Europe we have many good bands, I need re listen but somehow 90's MR albums are well like I said I need re listen and btw I like better Crinic Ungol

Manilla has 18 (?) albums, Ungol has 5, and four of those five were made during 20 years of band's activity. Manilla released an album per year when they were most productive. I think both of the bands are in the tier 1 of heavy metal, but it's impossible for me to compare discographies like these.
----
My vision is augmented
19.05.2020 - 16:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Joppe on 19.05.2020 at 16:25

Written by Bad English on 19.05.2020 at 16:15

Manilla has 18 (?) albums, Ungol has 5, and four of those five were made during 20 years of band's activity. Manilla released an album per year when they were most productive. I think both of the bands are in the tier 1 of heavy metal, but it's impossible for me to compare discographies like these.

Yes but lik I said I need re listen those 20 albums
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.07.2022 - 21:17
Joppe
Steelemeister
Metal School - Manilla Road: America's Greatest Unknown Metal Band?

----
My vision is augmented
16.06.2023 - 06:39
Great band! The Deluge is probably my favorite album of theirs.