Metal Storm logo
DevilDriver - Releasing 'Dealing With Demons I' This Autumn

Dealing With Demons I is DevilDriver's new upcoming record, due out on October 9, 2020 (Napalm Records). It's the first part of the double album saga. Additional details can be found below, as well as the official video for the lead single "Keep Away From Me". Directed by Vicente Cordero.

Dez Fafara says about the band's Dealing With Demons I writing and recording process: "I said to the guys, 'if we just met today, what kind of music would we make? How would we stand the test of time, stand apart from others and stand above the competition? Let's not focus on the past sound. Instead let's kick into the future together'."

He continues: "It's time to lay it all out, on two records. I'm never gonna revisit these subjects again. I've been writing about this sort of human nature, disloyalty and dishonesty, love and loss, since the beginning of my career. I am going in a more lyrically woke direction in the future. A lot of people say my music gives them strength. But what they don't realize is that these topics haunt me. Over the course of these last few years we fled from wildfires, my wife battled cancer and now we are going through a pandemic? so it is what it is? let's dump it all on the table and purge. I want to go through different topics in the future, so here we are now. I've laid it all out on a double record for all of you to hear."

Frontman Dez Fafara states about "Keep Away From Me" song and its accompanying visual: "I've been social distancing since I was born. I've learned to try and embrace my Agoraphobia all my life. This is what the lyrics are about as we are all sheltered in place. They seem very clear. Now is not the time bands should shy away from the obvious by trying to push the narrative through their art as if everything is alright with the world and 'it's metal video visual as usual time', as it is clearly NOT that time.

"We as artists should speak up, inspire and change lives, or paint a picture - a time capsule if you will - by the narrative we push in uncertain times. This video is one such art piece as my band and thousands of others are forced into quarantine - cannot rehearse, take photos, or perform - to make a music video for the very people that have supported us for years. It's trying times for the world and my outlook through this video is simply this: 'here's what we are going through as a family on this planet and as we embrace what is yet to come... please Stand Together'."

Dealing With Demons I tracklist:

01. Keep Away From Me
02. Vengeance Is Clear
03. Nest Of Vipers
04. Iona
05. Wishing
06. You Give Me A Reason To Drink (feat. Simon Blade Fafara)
07. Witches
08. Dealing With Demons
09. The Damned Don't Cry
10. Scars Me Forever

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: DevilDriver
Posted: 21.05.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 35 users
22.05.2020 - 10:02
s(AINT)

Interesting and unusual song for Devildriver. Didn't catch me to begin with, but grew on me with every repeat listen. Finally they announced the new album, really looking forward to hearing it because Devildriver is a very solid band and I don't think they get the respect and appreciation they truly deserve, but that's just my opinion! And Dez is a top guy \m/
22.05.2020 - 14:22
MuskyTear

I was listening to Fury of our Maker's Hand yesterday, awesome bloody album. This is good, sounds like they been listening to Gojira.
23.05.2020 - 09:47
VikinkiQc

This is very good ! Can always count on uncle Dez !!!
02.06.2020 - 20:30
Brutal Water

The song's not bad, but it didn't quite grab me (yet?) either. I will need to hear another song or two before getting excited for the new album.

Hoping for the best. I didn't really care for Trust No One all that much. Outlaws was alright, but it was just a cover album. I don't mind them trying out a new style as long as they know what they're doing.
----
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Hits total: 1205 | This month: 3