Metal Storm logo
Looking for Industrial Death metal

05.07.2007 - 22:41
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Well well well... That sounds quite a strange mix, doesn't it ?

So far I found only two bands that mixed both styles :
- Fear Factory on their first album, Soul Of A New Machine (a strange meeting between Godflesh and thrash/death metal)
- Morgoth, with released a masterpiece with their second album Odium.

But that's not enough for me. Do anyone know other bands like the two above ?
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
05.07.2007 - 22:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sorry man when im in MA I susualy dont look to that kind of band and Im not into industrial metal so I acnt help you but if I will find a band I post here
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.07.2007 - 23:00
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Darkside Momo on 05.07.2007 at 22:41

But that's not enough for me. Do anyone know other bands like the two above ?

Check out The Amenta. I think that you'll like them.
----
The force will be with you, always.
06.07.2007 - 00:51
KryptoN
imperceptible
Check out Total Devastation. Pretty brutal stuff and they have some sort of industrial atmosphere, maybe not as prominent as Fear Factory for example but still.

Here's a video of my favorite song by them, Murderous (youtube link).
06.07.2007 - 01:02
Stigmatized
I think DAATH is somewhere along these lines, try them. Their music is very different.
06.07.2007 - 09:06
Endoftherainbow
Well I guess if you consider the first Fear Factory album Industrial Death metal you need to check out Strapping Young Lad. You'll enjoy them I'd think.
06.07.2007 - 09:47
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Try Atrophia Red Sun. Very solid stuff. Covan from Decapitated is in it too. His vocals, imho, fit in this band more then Decapitated.
06.07.2007 - 15:47
Kaamos
Account deleted
Doubt they fall in the category you're seeking, but Horricane from Estonia are well worth checking out. Simple yet powerful death with synths. http://www.myspace.com/horricane
07.07.2007 - 11:47
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I made a thread for them in the alternative metal forum, but check out Thirteenth Exile. It's a one man project I believe, with an allegid "extreme metal" history, so it's pretty heavy industrial mixed with a flux of somewhat black metal and industrial vocals, and the lyrics are very anti-society based, I have really enjoyed it.
07.07.2007 - 12:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Atrocity whats genre are thay, even I enjoy early death metal albums but leitehr what genre is it IMO Industrial DM
----

apos;'
[image]
07.07.2007 - 14:28
Black_Handed
A village idiot
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
07.07.2007 - 14:47
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Black_Handed on 07.07.2007 at 14:28

try tristwood: http://www.myspace.com/tristwood

Was just about to mention them. really cool band
07.07.2007 - 16:16
Black_Handed
A village idiot
yeh, sounds like mortal kombat theme song made way way more brutal
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
07.07.2007 - 20:05
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
First reactions...

- The Amenta : listened to the song Erebus. Not bad at all, reminded me of Behemoth with an indus song instead of symphonic

- Total Devastation : Murderous is good !

- Daath : just listened to Subterfuge. Really good song (I'll check the album), but not really industrual to me.

- SYL : I never considered SYL as a death band, but of course I know and love it !

- Atrophis Red Sun : What I know of them is more melodeath. GhostOfSanity, which album do you recommend?

- Horricane : Kaamos, you're right, that's not what I'm looking for in this thread, but that does not prevend them from being really interesting !

- Thirteenth Exile : no death at all, but really agressive and interesting !

- Atrocity : Which albums, if any ? sound quite like electro/pop, nothing more (even if I like a few songs)

- Tristwood : yeah, really good !

Thanks to you all ! If you have other ideas, post here !
----

I am awake"
09.07.2007 - 11:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Darkside Momo on 07.07.2007 at 20:05

- Atrocity : Which albums, if any ? sound quite like electro/pop, nothing more (even if I like a few songs)

Try firts 2 albums ppl talk ist more good death metal how pop, but those albumd are real same like Hagaard demo in DM era
----

apos;'
[image]
19.07.2007 - 19:57
Tod_Engel
Written by Guest on 06.07.2007 at 15:47

Doubt they fall in the category you're seeking, but Horricane from Estonia are well worth checking out. Simple yet powerful death with synths. http://www.myspace.com/horricane

As an estonian I have to promote them
Horricane's bandmembers are talented, they've been active in Estonian metalscene for over a 10 years. They have released only one full-length called "The Lynch-Lawyers". It's worth checking out. Bad they aren't very well-known, cause they'd deserve more recognition. As Kaamos mentioned Simple, yet powerful death with synths. And it's 100% true I hope they release another full-length in future. It's been over 2 years since Horricane's last release
You can download some of their songs from here for free: http://www.estonianmetal.com/releases.php?id=370
By the way Kaamos, where did you find them. Did you hear them live?
20.07.2007 - 11:03
Kaamos
Account deleted
Written by Tod_Engel on 19.07.2007 at 19:57

Horricane's bandmembers are talented, they've been active in Estonian metalscene for over a 10 years. They have released only one full-length called "The Lynch-Lawyers". It's worth checking out. Bad they aren't very well-known, cause they'd deserve more recognition. As Kaamos mentioned Simple, yet powerful death with synths. And it's 100% true I hope they release another full-length in future. It's been over 2 years since Horricane's last release
You can download some of their songs from here for free: http://www.estonianmetal.com/releases.php?id=370

Guess I saw a review of their demo at finnish metal site... Or maybe it was an interview in a finnish mag. Anyway, I checked their site for samples back then and yeah, they were awesome. They've been here on a couple gigs, somehow I managed to miss them both. Hoping to get another chance...
22.07.2007 - 13:42
Tod_Engel
Written by Guest on 20.07.2007 at 11:03

Written by Tod_Engel on 19.07.2007 at 19:57

Guess I saw a review of their demo at finnish metal site... Or maybe it was an interview in a finnish mag. Anyway, I checked their site for samples back then and yeah, they were awesome. They've been here on a couple gigs, somehow I managed to miss them both. Hoping to get another chance...

They gave a gig at last year's Tuska, if i'm right. But at the moment they aren't giving many gigs, because they're working on new material (finally). If you get a chance to see them live, don't miss it. I've seen them and only one word can describe it: powerful!
24.07.2007 - 00:37
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Daath has a good blend of industrial and death, the song "Subterfuge" isn't the best example from the album but, check out the other songs.
29.07.2007 - 14:30
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Guest on 24.07.2007 at 00:37

Daath has a good blend of industrial and death, the song "Subterfuge" isn't the best example from the album but, check out the other songs.

I've bought it, and it's not the best song, that's right. A really good album, btw, aggressive yet catchy, and varied too.
----

I am awake"
30.07.2007 - 09:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What about this band Mind of the Dodecahedron
Myspace
----

apos;'
[image]
30.07.2007 - 16:35
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Bad English on 30.07.2007 at 09:53

What about this band Mind of the Dodecahedron
Myspace

Yeah, good one !
----

I am awake"
01.08.2007 - 17:32
Deadsoulman
elite

- Atrophis Red Sun : What I know of them is more melodeath. GhostOfSanity, which album do you recommend?

Twisted Logic is a very good album from this band. And yes, they're more a melodic death/indus band, not that brutal
01.08.2007 - 17:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 01.08.2007 at 17:32

Twisted Logic is a very good album from this band. And yes, they're more a melodic death/indus band, not that brutal

Wasn't that French band Tereponal Pal (or something like that) also not industrial death metal?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.08.2007 - 17:42
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.08.2007 at 17:37

Written by Deadsoulman on 01.08.2007 at 17:32

Wasn't that French band Tereponal Pal (or something like that) also not industrial death metal?

@ Collin : Yes, by now I've listened to it, and it's good

@ Marcel : Treponem Pal (name of the Syphilis virus, if my memory's good) is pure industrial metal, no death elements inside...
----

I am awake"
28.09.2007 - 09:18
KryptoN
imperceptible
Vortech: A one-man industrial/death metal/grindcore band from Finland. Both albums freely downloadable from his website in high quality mp3 (low quality mp3s available @ last.fm). I highly recommend the newer album "Wasteland" which was released last week. This album might end up being one of my favorites this year.
28.09.2007 - 10:33
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Haven't seen them mentioned, but Mnemic plays industrial death I think...not quite sure though, but they're good anyway
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
01.10.2007 - 14:47
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
@ KryptoN : I'll check Vortech out !

@ GT : Well, I've seen Mnemic labelled many times as death, and I don't really agree. Anyway, I know The Audio-Injected Soul , and it's quite good, but not exceptionnal to me (except a few songs, mostly Sane vs Normal).

EDIT : I've listened to Vortech, only Wasteland for now... And this is REALLY GOOD !! Thanks alot !
----

I am awake"
04.12.2007 - 14:12
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Darkside Momo on 01.10.2007 at 14:47

EDIT : I've listened to Vortech, only Wasteland for now... And this is REALLY GOOD !! Thanks alot !

No problem.

You might like the debut "Conclusion" too (well, debut under the name Vortech anyway). The vocals on that album are mostly "whispered growls" which might put many people off but the riffing and the production is still top-notch.

And it seems nobody mentioned The Project Hate MCMXCIX yet, but I don't really know which album to recommend by them. I've only heard two of them but they're not fresh in my memory.

Also, something a bit more extreme would be Havoc Unit's new/upcoming album "h.IV+: Hoarse/Industrial/Viremia". Basically the second coming of ...and Oceans (mostly same musicians). Strong industrial atmosphere with elements of death and black metal.

P.S. Vortech is already making a new album, apparently the songwriting part is already done.
04.12.2007 - 15:39
Olli
Try out The Berzerker, they're alot more brutal than say Fear Factory, but they're great. It might be more of industrial grindcore actually, but check em out.
Heres a quote from wikipedia to give you an idea "The band's music, heavily influenced by older death metal and (primarily early) grindcore, can be characterized as a fusion of death metal, industrial, and speedcore with a touch of gabba techno."
I reccomend trying the world of lies album first.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."