Metal Storm logo
Hail Spirit Noir - Share New Single & Video From Upcoming Album

The release day of Hail Spirit Noir's next studio album Eden In Reverse is getting closer. To taste another piece of new music, the six-piece premiere a video for the second single "Crossroads", featuring Lars Nedland ( Borknagar, Solefald). The clip was created by HK Visual Creations. Eden In Reverse comes out on June 19th through Agonia Records.

Synthesizers player Haris comments on the track: "This is the only track that was unfinished for many many months. When Lars came on board, everything fell into place and the song evolved into its final shape. Lyrically, it's a hymn to the Darwinian spirit in every single cell on its journey through endless possibilities, for better or for worse."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Hail Spirit Noir
Posted: 26.05.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 66 users
27.05.2020 - 02:48
IBlackened

Now I'm not so sure. Maybe it's just the odd one out, since there's a guest.
----
Their old stuff is better.
27.05.2020 - 08:29
nikarg

^ Yes, I am not thrilled either.
27.05.2020 - 11:11
Evil Cooper

I think they were substituted by an evil tulpa coming from the black lodge of pop music...
27.05.2020 - 11:30
Desha
delicious dish
Yeah it's a bit meh, but the last album also had its boring moments.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
27.05.2020 - 14:01
TheStygianOne

Well its quite different compared to their previous works-it is not necessarily a bad thing tho,im digging their new stuff
27.05.2020 - 20:53
Czerny Reiter

The track itself felt weak but not to the point of sticking like a sore thumb and compromising my expectations.

Songwriting a bit too linear and incorporation of elements that, despite being new to the band's sound, are unoriginal.

A second listen without concentration gave me the answer: my brain told me I was listening to Borknagar.

Edit: *and he then read the news body, rather than just straight away clicking the YT embed.*

Regardless, I'm standing by my own words. Gotta go with your instincts.
27.05.2020 - 23:31
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
I got the promo a few days ago and I can tell you guys that the sound is pretty much 100% prog now, barely any black metal at all. I quite enjoy it in spite of that, but I'm sure that's going to piss some other people off.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
18.06.2020 - 15:25
JayMo4

Written by Czerny Reiter on 27.05.2020 at 20:53
A second listen without concentration gave me the answer: my brain told me I was listening to Borknagar.

Accurate. Similar to Borknagar but just slightly more psychedelic. I like it, myself. But yeah, it's not giving us anything we haven't heard before. Still expecting it to be a solidly listenable record.

Hits total: 1230 | This month: 3