Metal Storm logo
Vektor - Reformed, Working On New Material

After a four year hiatus, following the release of Terminal Redux album, the two original guitar players - David DiSanto and Erik Nelson - have decided to reform Vektor. Completing the line up are Mike Ohlson on drums and Stephen Coon on bass. The band is currently in the studio working on new material and preparing for multiple tours in 2021.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Vektor
Posted: 27.05.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 224 users
28.05.2020 - 00:08
FYA
Destroyer
Lol what
28.05.2020 - 00:24
skelator

Yes!
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
28.05.2020 - 01:26
SatanicBlood

This is good news, Vektor have been like a wine to me, their albums just get better and better as they age.
Terminal Redux was a complete knock out of the park for me, heavily looking forward to new material.
28.05.2020 - 03:47
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Best thing I've heard all week.
28.05.2020 - 04:10
Moose

It's been four years!? Anyway, this is fantastic news.
28.05.2020 - 04:24
ChapuLviz
Tropical Goat
Uff!! Good news...
28.05.2020 - 05:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Not to rain on the parade here, but was there ever any confirmed reports about the abuse allegations?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.05.2020 - 06:23
chomskeet

Best news I've heard since Antonin Scalia died
28.05.2020 - 06:38
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Get good
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
28.05.2020 - 11:50
Stormm

But everything I read so far were comments about abuse, alcohol and domestic violence. Yeah, I know, but can you please separate music and personal life? Thank you.
28.05.2020 - 11:55
Joppe
Steelemeister
Who? I would rather have a new Voivod full length
----
My vision is augmented
28.05.2020 - 12:33
Rot Teufel

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2020 at 05:49

Not to rain on the parade here, but was there ever any confirmed reports about the abuse allegations?

if i remember correctly, his wife never filed his criminal abuse charges. Almost a year has been passed since his wife statement and nobody knows how this ended or if it's still going...
----
Destroy all dreams, illusion damned in fire... A hellish need for power, it's my dark desire...
28.05.2020 - 13:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Stormm on 28.05.2020 at 11:50

But everything I read so far were comments about abuse, alcohol and domestic violence. Yeah, I know, but can you please separate music and personal life? Thank you.

Sorry for being concerned about the well-being of a potential abuse victim 🤷‍♂️
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.05.2020 - 13:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Rot Teufel on 28.05.2020 at 12:33

if i remember correctly, his wife never filed his criminal abuse charges. Almost a year has been passed since his wife statement and nobody knows how this ended or if it's still going...

One of those things that will only be known by those in the know, I suppose.
----
28.05.2020 - 14:04
Mark Ayoub

Both parties have released statements about the alleged abuse. Whoever is telling the truth, giving musicians a chance for redemption is divisive. The quality of the art and ability to separate art from artist are big influencers in the decision making.
----
It takes a lifetime to build a friendship
And a millisecond to destroy it
28.05.2020 - 17:21
JayMo4

Obviously I hope that all personal problems for both parties have been or are in the process of being resolved. Musically, this is great news. I'm really looking forward to hearing more Vektor.
28.05.2020 - 17:30
JÄY
Metal slave

Well it's pretty rain worthy and I'm wondering the same thing. It's hard to rock out to music that's made by pieces of shit
28.05.2020 - 17:34
Stormm

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2020 at 13:37

Written by Stormm on 28.05.2020 at 11:50

Sorry for being concerned about the well-being of a potential abuse victim 🤷‍♂️

Yes, but it wasn't solved yet. And I believe that there is still some presumption of innocence. So going on band's Facebook page and scream "Abuser!" is helping to no one.
29.05.2020 - 15:42
Stormm

Written by JÄY on 28.05.2020 at 17:30

Well it's pretty rain worthy and I'm wondering the same thing. It's hard to rock out to music that's made by pieces of shit

You understand, that Vektor isn't one man band, right? There were other people making music. It's not quite fair throw away their music as well.
29.05.2020 - 15:43
Stormm

Erik Nelson's statement:

"Greetings earthlings!

This is Erik Nelson, and I'm here to tell you David and I have joined forces once more! We are both extremely excited about working together again, to push Vektor farther than ever. I know many of you have been wondering what the hell is going on, so here is my take on things:

David's situation sucks, it just plain sucks. The allegations against him do not fit the person I've known for over half of my life. Especially the aspects of our tours that were brought up. I can confidently tell you that none of those stories are true. I do not drink or do drugs or any of that shit, so I was always sober during our tours. I am also a VERY light sleeper and I did not witness a single thing that was brought up in the allegations. I think David is being treated very horribly for things I know did not happen, and it saddens me knowing what he's going through. We'll never fully know what happens behind closed doors, but I choose to believe in my friend of 16 years rather than someone so toxic that they would fabricate stories like these. He is a decent person who happened to get sucked into the most toxic relationship I've ever seen. I witnessed their marriage fall apart for years, and watched my friend stay with someone that was mentally abusing and torturing him.

Anyway, take this how you will, but I can only hope that this does not prevent anyone from supporting the wonderful things we have done and what we are going to do in the future. We have some other killer announcements to release shortly, and once the world calms down from Covid, we will be setting out on some tours and releasing new music upon the world.

Onward and upward my friends, see you out there!"

-Erik
Vektor
29.05.2020 - 16:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Whatever the case may be, for now we can only focus on the upcoming release of a new Vektor album as everything surrounding the abuse allegations is he-said-she-said. Without substantiated claims with supporting evidence, this will just be another one of those instances where you believe the alleged victim or not. I've knowing abusive liars and liars claiming to be abused in my lifetime, so it's difficult to take at face value without being immersed in the situation.

Here's to hoping everything is okay and their next album makes this reunion worthwhile.
----
29.05.2020 - 17:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
This thread has slightly got off the grid with the information that isn't relevant as opposed to recently forming of Vektor and working on a new album.
29.05.2020 - 19:09
SatanicBlood

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 29.05.2020 at 17:38

This thread has slightly got off the grid with the information that isn't relevant as opposed to recently forming of Vektor and working on a new album.
This is why I hate living in the age of celebrity worship. I'm perfectly content never even knowing what a band I'm listening to look like, let alone their personal lives.
29.05.2020 - 19:16
MyNameJeff

Very happy about this!
30.05.2020 - 08:12
Blindearth

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.05.2020 - 11:55
Maxder

Great news !

If some of you are looking for music similar to Vektor's, I would advise the "Call of the Starforger" album by Vexovoid
11.06.2020 - 10:24
PēterisP

This is the best news in metal music during last four years !
----
Metalhead since 1987
18.06.2020 - 02:12
Darth Grimby

I don't know how i missed this announcement originally, but HOLY SHIT! HYPE!!! Redux was my AOTY in '16 and as I looked back at the 2010's I realized it was also my AOTD. As far as the personal bullshit, I agree with some who said it's tough to support music that comes from shitty people, but at the same time, I fucking hate the "Trial by Facebook" mentality a lot of people seem to have. There's always 2 sides to every story, and it also takes 2 to tango, but at the end of the day, I think David does need to address this publicly so that he gets the social media judges off his case. The radio silence for 4 years has not helped his case.
18.06.2020 - 21:12
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I can.

Too bad Vektor sucks.
----
18.06.2020 - 23:55
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by angel. on 18.06.2020 at 23:41

Yeah it's easy for those who don't give fuck about the well being of the victims of domestic violence

Indeed
----

Hits total: 3302 | This month: 6