Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2007 - 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
24.01.2013 - 13:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Yes I dislike classical music, both the old classical stuff and the modern classical

why ask me specifically if I dislike classical music?
You could also ask me if i dislike jazz, or blues, or French chansons.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.01.2013 - 13:59
Night Theater

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.01.2013 at 13:06

Yes I dislike classical music, both the old classical stuff and the modern classical

It was the first thing that came to my head, and I asked again as that was what I asked.
24.01.2013 - 14:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Night Theater on 24.01.2013 at 13:59

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.01.2013 at 13:06

It was the first thing that came to my head, and I asked again as that was what I asked.

and as I answered just now "yes, I dislike classical" btw I also dislike jazz, French chansons and most blues.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.01.2013 - 00:51
Uldreth

Written by Night Theater on 24.01.2013 at 01:40

If you are talking about me, then this is false. The word "only" means that it is limited to [insert whatever in here].

Nah, that was a joke directed at Marcel cause he hates those genres.
21.02.2013 - 02:39
Sinnercist

I have a thing against techno which unfortunately seems to permeate my culture. Now nothing wrong with some electronic music. I occasionally like to turn on Daft Punk and Swedish House Mafia BUT when you have events such as "the Zoo" selling tickets for $400 a pop for a concert where you cannot tell one "composition" from the next, then things get a little annoying. Then there is the whole issue when they have songs which sound like they were made by a band of hamsters on steroids.
----
From YOLO to LOLOL. You're welcome.
22.02.2013 - 00:08
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.01.2013 at 14:11

and as I answered just now "yes, I dislike classical" btw I also dislike jazz, French chansons and most blues.

Why though?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.02.2013 - 10:49
no one
Account deleted
Rap,trance techo type shit,dub,pop rock,pop punk,mainstram metal,nu metal and pop music
14.03.2013 - 18:51
Jpageforever

I absolutely loathe rap or any pop music of today. My friends all tease me (I'm twelve) about how all of my music is old (sixties/seventies rock) or boring (instrumental/classical). I then point out their music, the lyrics, mainly, and they look at me as if still waiting for my point. They actually enjoy today's music, and I honestly can't understand it:hopeless:
16.04.2013 - 21:41
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I find that it's hard to dislike an entire genre... and unless you have heard everything that a genre has to offer (i.e. every single artist) then you can't know if you really despise the entire genre. I can understand if you don't like the general sound... that's true with me for a lot of rap or hip-hop--and true for others with other genres like classical or jazz--but I'm certain there's got to be a group out there in each genre that I would find appealing. Just like there's a lot of crap metal music, there's a lot of crap music from all other genres, too. Unfortunately, the crap music is often what ends up being the most well-known. It just takes a little searching to find the good stuff from each style of music.
----
29.04.2013 - 02:28
Angry Chair

I hate hip hop and R&B the most as I find it all overly simplistic and the lyrics on all the song I have heard are pure shit.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
29.04.2013 - 03:18
Until the End

That MC shite and that hardcore thumpy thumpy dance type stuff where every song's got the same excessively quick tempo and electronic drum noise, usually with an annoying female vocal over the top of it.
02.05.2013 - 07:17
Crucifux
Account deleted
Probably Opera. Nothing more grating on my ears than a soprano vocalist.
03.05.2013 - 00:00
FinnishSammich

Every genre what I don't like.
Yeah, that's right anything I don't like automatically sucks hairy testies, if you say otherwise you can go and die by drowning in dog shit or something similar.
03.05.2013 - 06:17
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by FinnishSammich on 03.05.2013 at 00:00

Every genre what I don't like.
Yeah, that's right anything I don't like automatically sucks hairy testies, if you say otherwise you can go and die by drowning in dog shit or something similar.

Looking in retrospect at all that I have posted on here, I can find solace in the fact that at the very least, I did not stoop this low.

lol'd @ "testies"
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
01.06.2013 - 20:57
Aseliot

Rap, what the fuck is up with fucking rap. It's just people talking.
----
Anál nathrach,
orth' bháis's bethad,
do chél dénmha
24.06.2013 - 18:43
Neroese
Account deleted
Mothafukin industrial!
26.07.2013 - 21:42
DyingWorld

Country. Especially the mind numbing crap they play on the radio. That shit will definitely lower your IQ. Try listening to that for 45 minutes on your way to school and back again. By the end of it, I felt like Jack Nicholson at the end of Cuckoo's Nest. Not recommended.
27.07.2013 - 11:17
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
RAP/Hip-Hop.

And Dunbstep, but even that i can stand sometimes. cRap and Shit-hop... I just can't stand it. I mean I can respect people who are making this music and its nothing against the whole rap scene, I respect their work and its nothing personal. But it's just the most repulsive thing to music ever to me.
06.01.2014 - 01:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by deadone on 06.01.2014 at 01:43
...mindless techno.

What's mindless techno?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.01.2014 - 03:26
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
For me it has to be country and rap/hip hop. Almost everyone in my family loves country music, which is something I can't really get into. I've never liked the twangy vocals and the honky tonk cheese lyrics that permeate all these radio anthems and such. With Rap/Hip-Hop, I can't get into the subject matter, vocals, or the need to spit out words as fast as possible.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
18.01.2014 - 07:05
wormdrink414

Written by CobiWan1993 on 18.01.2014 at 03:26

For me it has to be country [...]

Maybe this will change your mind:

18.01.2014 - 10:13
mz

The shittiest I can think of is a certain sort of Persian pop which is characterized by its cheesy lyrics, unoriginal music, stupidly over the top music videos and its origin, Los Angeles. Fuck that shit.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
18.01.2014 - 13:39
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by mz on 18.01.2014 at 10:13

... characterized by its cheesy lyrics, unoriginal music, stupidly over the top music videos...

this also accurately describes mainstream american pop xD
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.01.2014 - 14:22
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Djent Djent Djent Djent
----
The Fangirl.
18.01.2014 - 16:15
theFIST

Written by angel. on 18.01.2014 at 14:22

Djent Djent Djent Djent

what is so bad about djent?
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
18.01.2014 - 18:03
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by theFIST on 18.01.2014 at 16:15

Written by angel. on 18.01.2014 at 14:22

Djent Djent Djent Djent

what is so bad about djent?

There is nothing bad about djent. Its just that people generally doesn't like this genre a lot.

I don't like it either but that doesn't mean that djent is bad or pathetic.
18.01.2014 - 19:01
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.01.2014 at 18:03

There is nothing bad about djent. Its just that people generally doesn't like this genre a lot.

I don't like it like what's cynic said, and because I don't like it I think there is something wrong with it too, it's really a boring genre with rare variation in its sound ,depending too much on rhythms and not caring for use of melodies and note make its sound really limited IN MY OPINION , totally this kind of music is not my cup of tea
----
The Fangirl.
18.01.2014 - 20:25
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by angel. on 18.01.2014 at 19:01

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.01.2014 at 18:03

IN MY OPINION , totally this kind of music is not my cup of tea

Not your cup of tea doesn't imply that Djent is boring. Well, there would be someone out there who'll load up stuff and snap your face telling how good Djent is and will be. Well, you're right its boring and not much room for innovation and probably that's the only reason i dont like Djent bands' either. But, should i go against and castigate great talents like "Meshuggah" "Periphery" or "Animals As Leaders" just because they're djent? Nope. We cant.

Every genre has some really good talent(s).
18.01.2014 - 20:31
mz

Written by Karlabos on 18.01.2014 at 13:39

this also accurately describes mainstream american pop xD

probably, but belive me, from little Western pop I've heard, I can easily say that Western pop is my much more diverse and musicians are leagues ahead of Persian poop start. Also, I am "forced" to listen to that sort of music every where :parties, marriage parties, cars, etc and that makes it more effective in it's shittiness XD
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
18.01.2014 - 20:34
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.01.2014 at 20:25

Not your cup of tea doesn't imply that Djent is boring. Well, there would be someone out there who'll load up stuff and snap your face telling how good Djent is and will be. Well, you're right its boring and not much room for innovation and probably that's the only reason i dont like Djent bands' either. But, should i go against and castigate great talents like "Meshuggah" "Periphery" or "Animals As Leaders" just because they're djent? Nope. We cant.

Every genre has some really good talent(s).

even their talents bore the shit out of me, btu who said castigate ? you added it to my speech, I said they're boring in my opinion whoever likes them, fine ! But I don't care about this genre and it's really bad even worse than power metal which I can stand it at some points.
----
The Fangirl.