TV Series You're Watching

Original post

Posted by , 18.08.2011 - 18:58
Written by Guest on 18.08.2011 at 16:34

I admit it's a good story, but it's boring in some points, and I couldn't take it seriously, specially when the General is Ross Geller.

How to watch "Band Of Brothers": skip the first episode, enjoy the rest. It's that easy.

This is a little bit off topic, but here's how to improve your "Pearl Harbor" viewing experience: take the dvd, put in a microwave oven and heat it for an hour, then take what ever's left and flush it down the toilet. Then go and watch "Tora! Tora! Tora!" and "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo".
26.06.2018 - 16:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Mercurial on 25.06.2018 at 23:16

Written by Dima on 25.06.2018 at 17:58

BLACK MIRROR

The more I watch the more I hate. I've seen 2 seasons. Done by what feels like a film student, it tries to be a deep show but ends up being only a mockery. I agree with a buddy who said being cynical and technophobic is not deep at all. To me it fails to produce a single interesting character and its shit pacing and overall shocking vapidness makes it a total miss. What a letdown. Luckily I watched it before ST cause flip the order and I think i'd hate it even more.

How do I delete this comment.

Shall I use my modding powers for the good of mankind?

btw, that series is one of the best ever.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.06.2018 - 18:05
Mercurial
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.06.2018 at 16:27

btw, that series is one of the best ever.

I think in this rare case censorship is necessary A modern classic for sure.
26.06.2018 - 18:06
Mercurial
Written by Dima on 26.06.2018 at 16:22

YOU WILL NOT SILENCE ME!

This is how Black Mirror episodes begin.
29.06.2018 - 01:50
Maco
Carnivore
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.06.2018 at 16:27

Do it, do it, do it.
----
Anti-PC
Fuck what you think is correct and righteous.
17.08.2018 - 10:17
IronAngel
I tried a few episodes of Timeless, but it didn't really pick up. After Legends of Tomorrow, it was too vanilla for a goofy adventure, and the male actors especially were quite uncharismatic.

So I just watched the Wynonna Earp pilot instead. Fuck yes, cowboys and undead! Exactly what I've been missing, it's got that Buffy/Firefly vibe (the protagonist is very much a Faith/Jessica Jones type so far). High hopes for the show.

Also finally got around to showing TNG to my wife. So far we've watched a few important episodes from S1 and S2, even I'm not up for the entire 7 seasons in full. It's much campier than I remember.
17.08.2018 - 22:25
ylside
Rewatched S5 of The Wire
Again.
18.10.2018 - 19:45
Metren
Dreadrealm 2.0
Just finished the 2nd season of Stranger Things. Basically an inferior clone of the first season as far as the main plot goes, with less character stuff and more contrivances. The government scientists this time around were far less villainous than "Papa" and that also took a lot of the edge and excitement away from the story. 80s Nostalgia and shows/films banking on it is honestly getting tired AF at this point.
----
Dreadrealm's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/ (200 Free Downloads Every Month is Bandcamp's limit)
20.10.2018 - 14:54
Ugwemubwem Ossas
China was a neat
Written by Metren on 18.10.2018 at 19:45

Just finished the 2nd season of Stranger Things. Basically an inferior clone of the first season as far as the main plot goes, with less character stuff and more contrivances. The government scientists this time around were far less villainous than "Papa" and that also took a lot of the edge and excitement away from the story. 80s Nostalgia and shows/films banking on it is honestly getting tired AF at this point.

Not enough work has gone into the writing for this season it seems, might've been rushed too much. I stopped it around half way I guess once they branched it into a filler episode featuring Eleven's sister if I remember correctly.
20.10.2018 - 16:09
Zaph
The Nothingth
Stranger Things is one of the many series that should have just stayed contained to one season.
----
And the tears that we will weep today
Will all be washed away
By the tears that we will weep again tomorrow
02.11.2018 - 21:33
Ugwemubwem Ossas
China was a neat
Better Call Saul Season 3

Just finished. Every bit as incredible, slow burning, emotional and realistic as the first two seasons. Show is 100x more efficient than Breaking Bad. I would call it among the very best drama shows on TV right now along with Mr Robot.
11.02.2019 - 20:58
ylside
Written by Ugwemubwem Ossas on 20.10.2018 at 14:54

Written by Metren on 18.10.2018 at 19:45

Not enough work has gone into the writing for this season it seems, might've been rushed too much. I stopped it around half way I guess once they branched it into a filler episode featuring Eleven's sister if I remember correctly.

Eleven's sister is a full fledged filler indeed... but I feel that they might use it later on, just to prove that it's not filler and that it was all "planned", which, technically could be true, but still