Style: Technical death metal, Grindcore
Release date: July 2006

01. Consumed By The Dead
02. The Parasites
03. Swine Slaughter
04. Forcefed Human Shit
05. The Depths Of Darkness
06. Revelation

Technical Death Metal is the new kid in town, ever since Necrophagist decided to steal most of the Suffocation riffs, bands from all over the globe tried to get a piece of the cake, some of them did it amazingly well and others just became Emo bands.

Then there's Braindrill...

I seriously can't believe this is only a debut EP, it seems these american grinders have the guts to release a full-length at least, I don't know if they wanted only to create hype or to thrill their audiences but I know I'm already waiting for their next offering.

Braindrill plays Technical Deathgrind (if that even exists) their music is lined towards Deathgrind but without the catchy patterns, when a riff has the slight chance of becoming super-catchy, the guys inmediately twist the songwriting and add crushing blast-beats, oddly they also have the skills to play complex solos and irregular fills while the drummer keeps breaking some bones really fast.

To tell you the truth I'm amazed by the guitar-work, and the fact that these guys just blast their way through six tracks in less than 20 minutes is just incredibly grotesque. "The Parasites" is a masterpiece without a doubt, a small one, but a masterpiece none the less. Of course it has its flaws, the fact that there's no actual booklet (you'll find only one page of "special thanks") gets on my nerves as I really wanted to read some lyrics, at least the disc per-se has an incredible presentation though, then I can't understand why they didn't make this a full-length, I'm sure they have more songs in their drawers to be honest...and there's also the issue that most people will hate the fact that there isn't any catchy riffs here, it's all about blast-beats and guitar solos...I found this amazing of course but others might get scared.

All in all, this is surely a worthwhile EP, it's just amazing how much I like it even though I don't have any riff sticked on my head, that creates increibly high re-play values actually, this is an incredibly promising band.

Best Tracks:...Can't Remember...

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 7

Written by Herzebeth | 07.07.2007

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 49 users
07.07.2007 - 04:51
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
This kicks ass in so many levels effing Marco Pitruzzella, he's too damn fast.
08.07.2007 - 06:01
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
^ truth.
18.07.2007 - 20:43
Rating: 8
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yeah he´s fast, but so fucking boring

I like this EP, but for some reason I´ve only listened to it once or twice. The disc looks really cool, but it is hard to describe...

Hits total: 6024 | This month: 6