Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - Drummer Departed, Replacement Confirmed

Italy's Rhapsody Of Fire have recently confirmed that drummer Manu Lotter is no longer a member of the group he joined in 2016. Power metal purveyors have already found the replacement, to be officially announced in near future. In other news, the recording process of the Rhapsody Of Fire's next full length effort is currently underway.

Statement from the band: "Dear fans, as you may have already heard, Manu Lotter will unfortunately no longer be performing as a drummer for Rhapsody Of Fire.

"Manu's contribution to the band in term of musicianship and work impulse has been tremendous and we are obviously very saddened to seem him go. We had so much fun touring together around the world and his stunning performances, live and on recordings, have been praised by fans and critics unanimously. He left a major footprint in the history of the band. Nevertheless, we respect and understand the factors that brought him to this decision and wish him all the very best in his next musical projects.

"As Manu has informed us of his wish to leave the band some weeks ago, we have had the time to anticipate and organize the immediate passing of the torch. Therefore, we are happy to say that a new drummer has been selected to join the band. His name will be revealed in an official announcement very soon.

"In the meantime, stay safe and keep listening to Rhapsody Of Fire and all your favorite bands, as music is essential to keep our mind sane during those crazy times!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody Of Fire
Posted: 06.07.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 89 users
06.07.2020 - 12:08
FYA
Destroyer
So I am in confusion since there are so many Rhapsodies right now
06.07.2020 - 13:40
JoHn Doe

Written by Irritable Ted on 06.07.2020 at 12:57

Written by FYA on 06.07.2020 at 12:08

So I am in confusion since there are so many Rhapsodies right now

That's why he is leaving. He kept turning up at the wrong band.

----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
06.07.2020 - 16:30
Sonatarctis

Hopefully he's not starting another Rhapsody of...
06.07.2020 - 21:22
skelator

Bring Daniele Carbonera back
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
07.07.2020 - 17:56
SAY10

Manu is an excelent drummer, but saying he "left a major footprint in the history of the band" when he participated in the record of 1 (one) album, maybe is a bit too much

Also, could be interesting to add in the news piece what Manu had to say on the matter (in his official FB page):
"It is with very heavy heart to announce that I have parted ways with Rhapsody Of Fire.

It was not an easy decision, it took me months to let it sink in. But before we left for the latest European tour I already felt quite unhappy and could not relate to lots of things that were and are going on behind the curtain. Different visions, goals and attitudes made it very hard for me to continue with this band. I am not talking about wrong visions or bad attitudes - I am using the term "different" because this is the only truth. And it is absolutely okay if they are different. Because everybody is different and unique.

I lost and spent too much energy and life showed me that I have to close this chapter of my life to regain my energy again. There is no bad blood involved, no fight or anything like that. I just felt that ROF is not for me. Something pulled me away from ROF in the last 12 months. And it became heavier and heavier. It became so heavy that I had to listen to this feeling.

I am very thankful for the memories I was able to create with those guys. We did several European tours together, toured Japan, Greece, played with the mighty Iron Maiden and so on - I was able to to do lots of things of my bucket list. The last years fill a big place in my heart and I will never forget the experiences I made with my former band mates and the amazing human beings of the crew. A special thank you goes out to Peppe, Parpi and Francesca.

The last 3 months in my life were filled with lots of tears and mental downs. But I realised that this is the way I have to go.

And at the moment I have no idea where this path is leading me to. At the moment I do not have a band. For pretty much the first time in my life since I was 12 years old. This feels super awkward to me. But I will come back, this is for sure.

Jack, Roby, Ale and Alex: I truly wish you all the best for the future with a new drummer, a new album and great tours. And thank you so much for the good times we shared together. The smiles and good energy on and off stage.

My plans for now are teaching my students, practicing drums and finding a new band.

See you all very soon on the road again! A chapter has been closed and a new one is about to come!"

Hits total: 1856 | This month: 15