Metal Storm logo
Ayreon - Premiere Two Singles From Upcoming Record

Ayreon premiere two new songs from the upcoming studio album Transitus, due out September 22nd. "Hopelessly Slipping Away" and "Get out! Now!" are streaming as official video clips. The first one was created by Crystal Spotlight and the second one by David Letelier.

Statement from Ayreon: Welcome to the colorful world of.. Transitus! Finally the time has come to present you the very first full singles and lyric videos of the new Ayreon album Yes... singleS, plural! This album is incredibly diverse so I really couldn't choose just one track because I wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression of the overall mood of the album. So we decided to make a video for both an atmospheric track "Hopelessly Slipping Away" and a rocky track "Get out! Now!"

"Hopelessly Slipping Away" features Tommy Karevik (Kamelot) and Cammie Gilbert (Oceans Of Slumber) on vocals. It's a haunting track with analog synthesizers and violin, and it slowly builds to an epic climax with marching snares. In this video we see the ghost of Daniel (Tommy) hopelessly trying to reach out to his beloved wife Abby (Cammie) who clearly feels his presence but can't see or hear him."

"The track "Get Out! Now!" is a straightforward and energetic rock track with powerful drums, bass, guitars and Hammond organ. It features the illustrious Dee Snider (Twisted Sister) and Tommy Karevik on vocals, and none other than the legendary Joe Satriani plays a blistering guitar solo. In this story Daniel's intolerant father (Dee) banishes Daniel (Tommy) from his estate for having a forbidden affair with their servant Abby."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ayreon
Posted: 16.07.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 99 users
16.07.2020 - 23:44
SatanicBlood

I wish I was as amped for the new album as Arjen and gang look in the Get Out video.
I think this will be the first time in 17 years I don't buy an Ayreon album without hearing the whole thing first.
17.07.2020 - 21:30
Nick Carter

Not even Cammie joining Ayreon will save this disastrous year (I hope i am wrong)
----
#MetalIsForEveryone
20.07.2020 - 00:27
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Can't say that I was particularly grabbed by those singles.

But hey, at least a marked difference in drumming.
20.07.2020 - 01:31
DeathSlyzer

I thought Get Out was pretty good. Gotta say though, Karevik is really ruining these songs for me. His approach of trilling between 5-10 different notes on every syllable was a gimmick that worked in certain situations, but at this point it is just ridiculous. More than anything, it just comes across as disingenuous.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
20.07.2020 - 08:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Azarath on 20.07.2020 at 00:27

Can't say that I was particularly grabbed by those singles.

I was gouging out until....singles.

Hits total: 1731 | This month: 5