Risk/Faithful Breath
Atlain
Sinner(Early)
Headhunter

Total votes: 160
09.07.2007 - 20:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Please dont edd and vote about German Power Metal bands like Edguy, Freedome Call, Helloween, Blind Guardian, Black Abyss, Gamma Ray, Iron Savior...and please dont vote about hard rock bands like Scorpions, Axxes, Digger and such bands

X-Wild - Its awsome band I had 2 albums and I realy enjoy them good mix of speed bands in that music are something of ewery German heavy metal band, ealy ist so old school band, shame its not know well
http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/xwil.htm
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=4709

Running Wild - We all know that band its awsome and one of legendary GHM bands ewer even first albums are more ''TrOO'' then thay change style more to epic but thos elyrics are great and amazing, I like this band specely Under Golly Roger

Grave Digger - Its lil lyricaly German Iron Maiden, such epic stories and such good qiuality melodies, hard n heavy yeah I like early works and 90ties works uswell and last album are great and so heavy and powerfull hehehe Archives of Medeval History

Rage/Avenger - We all know them but in this poll please about early Rage and Avenger it calls band before thay change name to Rage and I love more Avenger how Rage good powerfull guitar works and damn heavy and powerfull band, leither Rage has changed somehow

Risk/Faithful Breath - Risk are great heavy/speed band from 80ties and ist good old school attitude and Faithful Breath wa sband name in 60ties its more hard rock, but we all know Risk and speed fans woud love it

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/risk.htm
http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/fabr.htm

Atlain - Maybe in guitar sounds thay has no diference, how other bands and specely Avenger, but thay had recordet only 2 albums and then disapeare and only rear of us know them, but ist important part of hsitory band who in early 80ties can play heavy like Grave Digger in 'Tunes of War'

Sinner(Early) - I can not tell much about them ,better ask Baz Anderson, but this is historical band

Headhunter - Werry rear band realy rear I had hera only one tape of them ''Parody of Life'' ist all, my friend still has it
http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/head.htm

My vote goes to X-Wilk because ist one of first bands whjat I listen read about them in X-Wild tread here
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.07.2007 - 21:06
Baz Anderson
staff
yes!!! Sinner Sinner Sinner!! hahaha
not that the new Sinner stuff is bad.. far from it.. but the early Sinner stuff really has that 80's feel to it that I just love
there's a good chance that soon I will start to write some articles focused on one band at a time showing which albums to start with and which to avoid, etc.. and Sinner will be the first band I do because they really have never been that popular.. they never had as good album sales compared to their other fellow heavy metal bands

"Touch Of Sin" "Dangerous Charm" and "No More Alibis" are really albums everyone metal should hear in my opinion
09.07.2007 - 21:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 09.07.2007 at 21:06

yes!!! Sinner Sinner Sinner!! hahaha
not that the new Sinner stuff is bad.. far from it.. but the early Sinner stuff really has that 80's feel to it that I just love
there's a good chance that soon I will start to write some articles focused on one band at a time showing which albums to start with and which to avoid, etc.. and Sinner will be the first band I do because they really have never been that popular.. they never had as good album sales compared to their other fellow heavy metal bands

"Touch Of Sin" "Dangerous Charm" and "No More Alibis" are really albums everyone metal should hear in my opinion

Now Im lsitening Backwater its more thrsh band but about Germany heavy metal somehow its unique because in 80ties in UK and Germaany was bands also USA then in other contries thay show up, but leither but German bands it sound are great and awsome ist hard to know all of them but those what I mention are great
----

apos;'
[image]
10.07.2007 - 05:31
Eternal Flames
It's between Rage and Running Wild for me, although in the end my vote has to go to Running Wild, simply for the stability throughout their career. While I love Rage, they seemed to go fairly up and down throughout their career. I really liked their "Avenger" days as well, but in the end Running Wild has a slight edge over Rage.

Running Wild's early days were awesome. From "Gates of Purgatory" to "Black Hand Inn", it was all just amazing releases. Even after that their releases were pretty good, although just weren't as memorable as the previous ones. "Black Hand Inn" and "Death or Glory" still remain my two favourite albums. Both were very catchy with some really good riffs.
10.07.2007 - 07:54
Torture Killer
Account deleted
I havn't exactly heard of some of the bands you listed but I'd say either Kreator or Sodom.
10.07.2007 - 10:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 10.07.2007 at 07:54

I havn't exactly heard of some of the bands you listed but I'd say either Kreator or Sodom.

DID YOU READ FIRST POST. ITS ABOUT HEAVY METAL NOT THRASH

Bout bands what you meantion play thrsh metal

@EF - I agree Anenfer are kick ass im stuck whit them fiew days
----

apos;'
[image]
10.07.2007 - 10:36
Torture Killer
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 10.07.2007 at 10:32

I did read it and it said nothing about thrash it said no power metal or hard rock it said nothing of thrash
10.07.2007 - 13:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 10.07.2007 at 10:36

Written by Bad English on 10.07.2007 at 10:32

I did read it and it said nothing about thrash it said no power metal or hard rock it said nothing of thrash

But thrsh is not heavy metal man, in that case soem can post some black metal bands too
----

apos;'
[image]
10.07.2007 - 13:56
APOHAKC
The Bard
One and only Grave Digger!!! I love this band since I was a child, first album I heard is cult The Reaper, all of their albums are real epic fantasy masterpieces. Their fantastic melodies and Chris very unique power wall breaking voice is song for my ears. Their lyrics are best lyrics I have read in my whole life, historical or mythologie lyrics, doesn't matter (ok, ones with running away from school wasn't all that cool), they are AWESOME! Production is also awesome, and tunes of bagpipes on few albums are maestral, in one world GREAT BAND!

I also enjoy Running Wild much, Rage of cause and almost all other bands

Great thread K7!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.07.2007 - 14:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 10.07.2007 at 13:56

One and only Grave Digger!!! I love this band since I was a child, first album I heard is cult The Reaper, all of their albums are real epic fantasy masterpieces. Their fantastic melodies and Chris very unique power wall breaking voice is song for my ears. Their lyrics are best lyrics I have read in my whole life, historical or mythologie lyrics, doesn't matter (ok, ones with running away from school wasn't all that cool), they are AWESOME! Production is also awesome, and tunes of bagpipes on few albums are maestral, in one world GREAT BAND!

I also enjoy Running Wild much, Rage of cause and almost all other bands

Great thread K7!

Yes thay are archive sof Europeaian history and thay put there parts of german point of wiew into History
----

apos;'
[image]
10.07.2007 - 15:38
APOHAKC
The Bard
I especially liked Rheinglod lyric theme, it is first time they directly write something about Germani mythologie, and history in some sort of way. But still, Tunes Of War is unfuckable album, definetely among three best metal albums ever for me, music is awesome, lyrics are awesome, cover is top, what else you can ask from one album
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
02.08.2007 - 23:03
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
Written by APOHAKC on 10.07.2007 at 15:38

I especially liked Rheinglod lyric theme, it is first time they directly write something about Germani mythologie, and history in some sort of way. But still, Tunes Of War is unfuckable album, definetely among three best metal albums ever for me, music is awesome, lyrics are awesome, cover is top, what else you can ask from one album

I agree with all that you said about Rheigold and Tunes of War. My favourite is Rheingold because of its great theme. Their Rheigold album is based on a opera made by Richard Wagner that is called The Ring of the Nibelung.
21.08.2007 - 22:09
Imraghil
I voted for Grave Digger. I love the song Excalibur!
30.08.2007 - 22:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Running wild, they have such sweet riffs....some of which might even compete with maiden, even if they are a bit cheesey.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.10.2007 - 00:03
Thrashy
Account deleted
From the list grave digger and from mi choice i would say Rage
09.10.2007 - 23:25
Mustis
Account deleted
Running Wild, They are a classic of heavy metal in the world with songs like the pirate song and welcome to hell, they are just great
19.10.2007 - 19:40
Purge
Account deleted
Graaaaaave Diggeeeeeerrrrrrrr!!!!!! Awesome on cd, awesome live. Of course, i'd say Iron Savior were my favourite German band but i'm not allowed to vote for them!
20.10.2007 - 02:41
Fuath
normally id go with primal fear, but i guess theyr power metal and r similar ot gamma ray, so im gonna say grave digger
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

26.11.2007 - 23:43
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Rage is awesome but i prefer Grave DIgger i just like the vocals and the riffs they are awesome man what a vocal they have soo amazing mu favorite albums are :

Tunes of War
Excalibur
The Grave Digger
The Last Supper
----
Stay Metal !!!
27.11.2007 - 00:25
bucky01403
Account deleted
Running Wild
27.11.2007 - 11:26
In Chaos
Helloween or Gamma Ray would bee my choice. But since it is just Heavy and not power, I would have to say Grave Digger.
27.11.2007 - 12:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.11.2007 at 00:25

Sodom is my favorite German metal band.

Tom Angelripper is a badass.

DID YOU READ A RullES HEAVY NOT THRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Next time I will report to stuff
----

apos;'
[image]
27.11.2007 - 20:17
Edible Autopsy
I voted for 'other'. This 'other' being Accept. These guys are awesome. I picked up one of their last albums 'The Final Chapter' and was captivated by it. Of course it would lead to me picking up everything I could by them. These guys are truly German heavy metal legends.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
27.11.2007 - 23:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Edible Autopsy on 27.11.2007 at 20:17

I voted for 'other'. This 'other' being Accept. These guys are awesome. I picked up one of their last albums 'The Final Chapter' and was captivated by it. Of course it would lead to me picking up everything I could by them. These guys are truly German heavy metal legends.

I agree but I dont like uDO last album, I mean this yera album, even Thunderballs wasnt like old, but about Accept yes thay kick ass
----

apos;'
[image]
27.11.2007 - 23:35
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.11.2007 at 12:14

Fixed.
28.11.2007 - 06:13
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by Guest on 27.11.2007 at 23:35

Written by Bad English on 27.11.2007 at 12:14

Fixed.

not thash? omg they have the best thrash out there Kreator,Sodom and Destruction
----
Stay Metal !!!
28.11.2007 - 09:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No thrash and German thrash are overated listenh tankard an dyou will understand, because only thrash what i like from Ger but others are boring
----

apos;'
[image]
28.11.2007 - 22:56
bucky01403
Account deleted
The way I see it is if your gonna make a poll about German metal bands, you'd better include what the Germans do best. "Thrash". If you wanna get specific the last time I checked thrash is a subgenre of heavy metal, so technically I was correct in voting Sodom.
28.11.2007 - 22:59
Timsen
Account deleted
I voted for "Rage/Avenger".
Above all in times of the "Wagner, Smolski, Terrana" line-up which was really amazing!
28.11.2007 - 23:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 28.11.2007 at 22:59

I voted for "Rage/Avenger".
Above all in times of the "Wagner, Smolski, Terrana" line-up which was really amazing!

Well I like better Avanger, about rage, maybe till some 1995 but I love old Rage, but nowdays it isnt so great anymore
----

apos;'
[image]