Metal Storm logo
Leaves' Eyes - Announce New Album 'The Last Viking'

Symphonic metal purveyors Leaves' Eyes announce 23rd of October as the official release date of their new album, dubbed The Last Viking. Produced by Alexander Krull at Mastersound Studio. The Last Viking will be released by AFM Records and is already available for pre-order at this location.

The Last Viking tracklist:

01. Death Of A King
02. Chain Of The Golden Horn
03. Dark Love Empress
04. Serpents And Dragons
05. Black Butterfly (feat. Clémentine Delauney) *
06. War Of Kings
07. For Victory
08. Two Kings One Realm
09. Flames In The Sky
10. Serkland *
11. Varangians
12. Night Of The Ravens *
13. The Last Viking
14. Break Into The Sky Of Aeon

* Album Versions

Created by Stefan Heilemann

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leaves' Eyes
Posted: 22.07.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 96 users
22.07.2020 - 19:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Since Liv K us out such tittle is meaningless, might be last few rip off
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.07.2020 - 19:50
ickoriss

How this band even still exists without Liv Kristine is a fucking crime.
22.07.2020 - 20:51
skelator

How it even existed with Liv lol
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
22.07.2020 - 21:36
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

I have this eerie feeling that this will be generic and forgettable.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
23.07.2020 - 01:52
RoyBoy432
Dr. Quark
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 22.07.2020 at 21:36

I have this eerie feeling that this will be generic and forgettable.

Oh, what's eerie about it? /s
23.07.2020 - 02:58
Metashadow8

Liv is so overrated, this band is better with the current vocalist.
24.07.2020 - 07:32
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Metashadow8 on 23.07.2020 at 02:58

I could understand you preferring the new vocalist, but how on earth can you possibly prefer the newer songwriting? The entire last album was painfully generic.
----
24.07.2020 - 11:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by skelator on 22.07.2020 at 20:51

It does well, look How many fans goes thee n listen band live,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.07.2020 - 03:06
Metashadow8

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 24.07.2020 at 07:32

I could understand you preferring the new vocalist, but how on earth can you possibly prefer the newer songwriting? The entire last album was painfully generic.

Honestly, I don't listen to metal, or music in general, for lyrics. I like the sounds and atmospheres they provide, the harmonies and melodies. Lyrical quality isn't something I immediately look for. Is it a bonus? Sure! But I like how the current lineup sounds more than with Liv. I don't like her voice, it's very weak sounding to me, it doesn't sound like a metal vocal style to me. She sounds like a pop singer and it's very apparent (same reason why I don't like Annette Olson). So, I'm not going to dispute that the songs might be worse in lyrical quality, because that may be the case. But I do think they sound better now musically.
25.07.2020 - 18:52
skelator

Written by Bad English on 24.07.2020 at 11:05

Written by skelator on 22.07.2020 at 20:51

It does well, look How many fans goes thee n listen band live,

100 000 people bought first Babymetal album. This is not an argument. Sheeps lead by donkeys.
This was always plastic band with plastic vocalist.
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
26.07.2020 - 09:04
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Metashadow8 on 25.07.2020 at 03:06

Honestly, I don't listen to metal, or music in general, for lyrics. I like the sounds and atmospheres they provide, the harmonies and melodies. Lyrical quality isn't something I immediately look for. Is it a bonus? Sure! But I like how the current lineup sounds more than with Liv. I don't like her voice, it's very weak sounding to me, it doesn't sound like a metal vocal style to me. She sounds like a pop singer and it's very apparent (same reason why I don't like Annette Olson). So, I'm not going to dispute that the songs might be worse in lyrical quality, because that may be the case. But I do think they sound better now musically.

I think you may be confused - my post had nothing to do with lyrics.
----
26.07.2020 - 09:05
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by HiddenDictator on 26.07.2020 at 01:17

Honestly, I don't listen to metal, or music in general, for lyrics. I like the sounds and atmospheres they provide, the harmonies and melodies. Lyrical quality isn't something I immediately look for. Is it a bonus? Sure!

Songwriting also constitutes musical composition, not only lyrics.

You're quoting the wrong person.
----
26.07.2020 - 21:18
The Melting Snow

Ok this is one confusing comment section.
27.07.2020 - 03:18
Metashadow8

Written by HiddenDictator on 26.07.2020 at 01:17

Honestly, I don't listen to metal, or music in general, for lyrics. I like the sounds and atmospheres they provide, the harmonies and melodies. Lyrical quality isn't something I immediately look for. Is it a bonus? Sure!

Songwriting also constitutes musical composition, not only lyrics.

You're right. I'm not trying to say that the current lineup makes groundbreaking music, because they don't. I'm not going to buy their albums because of that very reason, I do think in general they are more cookie cutter than anything. That being said, I do think the current vocalist is a better singer for the band. Every time a post about this band pops up, the thread is filled with hate for the singer in preference of the previous one and I just don't get that.
But I agree with you, the songwriting isn't noteworthy.
05.08.2020 - 04:53
Fulorian

The genesis of the band was always, 'Hey, if you liked Liv Kristine doing gothy-symphonic music with Theatre of Tragedy, then come check out Liv Kristine doing folky-symphonic music with Liv's Band... I mean, Leaves Eyes!'. It's not a matter of replacing singer A with singer B - the band existed as a vehicle for Liv after exiting ToT, so it's naturally a bit jarring and feels just a bit soulless to be releasing music on what was effectively a solo project with a backing band (Atrocity), with just the backing band and a random new girl.
13.08.2020 - 21:06
InfinityZ780

Written by Fulorian on 05.08.2020 at 04:53

The genesis of the band was always, 'Hey, if you liked Liv Kristine doing gothy-symphonic music with Theatre of Tragedy, then come check out Liv Kristine doing folky-symphonic music with Liv's Band... I mean, Leaves Eyes!'. It's not a matter of replacing singer A with singer B - the band existed as a vehicle for Liv after exiting ToT, so it's naturally a bit jarring and feels just a bit soulless to be releasing music on what was effectively a solo project with a backing band (Atrocity), with just the backing band and a random new girl.

I agree with this so much. Even the name of the band suggests Liv, she was totally the heart of the band because most of their songs (All of them actually) were written by Liv, so it was technically HER band. But since she's out, it's basically just Atrocity pretending to be Liv by adding a new girl to do the vocals.

Hits total: 1399 | This month: 2