Metal Storm logo
Biomechanical - New Album Update

UK epic progressive metallers Biomechanical began the mixing process of their new album, "Cannibalised", on June 18 with legendary producer Chris Tsangarides (Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy).

Commented Biomechanical frontman John K.: "This is the second time we will be working with the legendary Chris Tsangarides! We have had several discussions about the direction of the sound and I feel that he is the one to create the sound I have in my head as a producer. Also even though Chris is very much a modern producer he can bring old-school sensibilities on the sound front and this excites the hell out of me!! I honestly can't wait to get started!
To get to "Cannibalised" we looked back to our previous albums and made sure that the Biomechanical sound wouldn't evaporate on a firewall of heaviness. "Cannibalised" is heavier than our other albums but at the same time melodic and does incorporate the film scoring orchestral type of work that defines the sound of our band."

"Cannibalised" tracklisting:

01. Fallen in Fear
02. The Unseen
03. Cannibalised
04. Breathing Silence
05. Predatory
06. Slow the Poison
07. Consumed
08. Reborn in Damnation
09. Through Hatred Arise
10. Violent Descent

Also the band's bassist, Jon Collins, has issued the following update:

"John K and Chris Tsangarides were recording Chris Webb's solos when a strong smell of electrical fire started to fill the room. Right after that, smoke started coming out of the desk's power supply and it eventually caught fire! Chris ran out of the main room and grabbed the fire extinguisher. Thankfully it was put out straight away. Just a few more minutes and the whole thing would go up in flames! Just a small glitch?
Biomechanical recordings will restart as soon as the desk is back on line."

"Cannibalised" is slated for a September 21 release in the UK and will hit the US later this fall.

Source: biomechanical.co.uk
Band profile: Biomechanical
Posted: 09.07.2007 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 1 user
10.07.2007 - 08:32
-=FlaurosDagon=-
Account deleted
That'd be so cool to be recording yourself playing guitar and then suddenly you catch the equipment on fire with your speediness XD intense...I'm excited about this release heh haven't heard much of their older stuff but my friend played them for me....Will definently have to check it out
10.07.2007 - 14:51
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
The Empires Of The Worlds was a masterpiece, an amazing piece of work IMO, so I have high hopes for the new album...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Hits total: 3124 | This month: 4