Metal Storm logo
Grave Digger

10.07.2007 - 15:49
APOHAKC
The Bard
Well... I used search button and I didn't found thread about this band, then I searche every page, it is kinda scary that this great epic legendary Power Metal band don't have it own thread, I really tried everything to find it and I am very deeply sorry if I missed it.

Grave Digger, great Power metal band from Germany, on scene for more than 25 years now!
After many great releases they never dissapointed their fans, altough they slightly changed their genre couple of times, from raw heavy rock in the beginning, powwr heavy in the golden years to bombastic power metal now.

this year they released very good Liberty or Death and made huge tour to remind us how great ban they are, Chris, Jens, HP, Manni and Stefan showd great commitment to their fans with every single step they make and this ban simply must have their own thread on Metalstorm
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.07.2007 - 15:54
baldur
awesome band indeed!! i love Excalibur,Tunes Of War and the new one

gonna see them at wacken this year
10.07.2007 - 16:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, those albums are classics.

I couldn't make it to Wacken, but I saw them in Serbia in January, hope to see them soon, they are definetely best concert band after King Diamond, their shows are unbelievble, only minus is that they rarely change setlist
----
12.07.2007 - 09:15
Eternal Flames
Fairly good band, but still not one of my favourites. "Heart of Darkness", "Tunes Of War" and even "Rheingold" were all quite good. They do have some other pretty good albums, but those three I mentioned particularly stood out for me.

As I said, not my favourite band as I prefer some of the other German heavy metal bands such as Rage and Running Wild and even some of their US counterparts like Helstar. Nevertheless, still a good band. I can imagine they'd be great live though.
12.07.2007 - 15:48
APOHAKC
The Bard
They are, probably one of the best live bands ever. IT is just awesome to stood beside 2000 maniacs and sing their songs till your throat go to hell. I saw them only once but it was awesome, they are still in top form and beside new songs they play all old classics and off cause they finish concert with Heavy Metal Breakdown

I like Rage and Running Wild much, but Grave Digger just have little more style by my opinion.
----
14.07.2007 - 22:35
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Ah yes Grave Digger! There should be way more comments for this great speed/power metal band. Their 80's stuff is pretty good until they became Digger (hahaha) but I definitely prefer their 90's stuff. All in all though my favorite album is Rheingold, in my opinion it is such a great album!
14.07.2007 - 22:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 14.07.2007 at 22:35

Ah yes Grave Digger! There should be way more comments for this great speed/power metal band. Their 80's stuff is pretty good until they became Digger (hahaha) but I definitely prefer their 90's stuff. All in all though my favorite album is Rheingold, in my opinion it is such a great album!

LOL yeah, actually, I created thread few days ago, I couldn't believe there is no thread for Grave Digger and there are threads like "Thormontasaurus - Death Gore with mp3s"

Anyway, those 80's stuff are hilarious, but there are some great songs in those albums, I like songs like Headbanging Man, Stroming Ther Rain, Here I stand...

But definetely their 90's and 2000' (lol) albums are much better. And Liberty Or Death is also awesome, already one of my favorites. Rheingold and The Last Supper kick ass and Grave Digger is little weaker but also kick ass album.

Still, Tunes Of War and Excalibur are my favorites
----
14.07.2007 - 22:52
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 14.07.2007 at 22:50

Written by Guest on 14.07.2007 at 22:35

LOL yeah, actually, I created thread few days ago, I couldn't believe there is no thread for Grave Digger and there are threads like "Thormontasaurus - Death Gore with mp3s"

Anyway, those 80's stuff are hilarious, but there are some great songs in those albums, I like songs like Headbanging Man, Stroming Ther Rain, Here I stand...

But definetely their 90's and 2000' (lol) albums are much better. And Liberty Or Death is also awesome, already one of my favorites. Rheingold and The Last Supper kick ass and Grave Digger is little weaker but also kick ass album.

Still, Tunes Of War and Excalibur are my favorites

You pretty much hit everything right on the dot there! Those are some great songs haha!! I couldn't agree with you more on everything you said in that post!!!
14.07.2007 - 22:59
APOHAKC
The Bard
Have you seen them alive on this last tour? NEw songs sounds incredible alive, especially Highland Tears, it will sound ridiculous and it will be stupid but sound of bagpipes really makes you cry
----
14.07.2007 - 23:19
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 14.07.2007 at 22:59

Have you seen them alive on this last tour? NEw songs sounds incredible alive, especially Highland Tears, it will sound ridiculous and it will be stupid but sound of bagpipes really makes you cry

I wish I could see them live, but they came nowhere near me, I live in the most pitiful state of the US haha, I'm not even sure if they went to Minneapolis, which is the biggest city near me and its about an 8 hour drive haha. I would of gladly drove that far but as I mentioned before, I'm not sure if they went there or not.
19.07.2007 - 03:33
Prowler84
Knights of the cross,Excalibur,Tunes of War,Heart of Darkness and even the Rheingold were great releases.. Though the new album is good,it won't ever considered to be a classic Grave Digger album.
----
Steve Harris isn't a God.God is a S.Harris!!
19.07.2007 - 04:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
I wouldn't agree on that one. I don't know what you consider classic Grave Digger, if we use that classic Grave Digger are their first sound then since The Reaper they are not classic Grave Digger. Every album of this band have some inovatives and all of them have some difference. Compare Heavy Metal Breakdown - Heart Of Darkness - Excalibur - Symphony Of Death and Rheingold, they are all different, but still it is Grave Digger, just like new album. Every Grave Digger charachteristics are there: sharp riffs, Chris powerful voice, strong bass - drum rhytm section... Songs are also awesome and Highland Tears, Terrible One, Liberty Or Death sonds like their songs from the golden era. Only inovative would be little more keys, but they have them for few albums now.. It sound just like Grave Digger to me
----
23.07.2007 - 14:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Are there any lyrics of ''War Games''
I had read there are soem versions what ppl write when lsiten album, but thay are incorect, but does original lyrics exist?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.07.2007 - 14:46
APOHAKC
The Bard
I doubt that there are original lyrics for any album, most of the lyrics you can find on net are fans descriptions, but don't worry 95% if them are correct, you can easily check while listening to songs
----
05.08.2007 - 12:25
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
Great band! My favorite album is Rheingold. I have seen them live twice this year: in Zagreb and in Metal Camp.
05.08.2007 - 19:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Knightrider on 05.08.2007 at 12:25

Great band! My favorite album is Rheingold. I have seen them live twice this year: in Zagreb and in Metal Camp.

I missed them at Metal Camp, but I saw them at the same tour as you, only in Belgrade, it was awesome gig, really, and I couldn't believed that they are playing Scotland United, they finished Liberty Or Death, and suddenly the first riff from Scotland United started, I was in delirium, awesome gig, only, I hate Therion, and Therion played after them
----
05.08.2007 - 21:03
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
Written by APOHAKC on 05.08.2007 at 19:36

Written by Knightrider on 05.08.2007 at 12:25

I missed them at Metal Camp, but I saw them at the same tour as you, only in Belgrade, it was awesome gig, really, and I couldn't believed that they are playing Scotland United, they finished Liberty Or Death, and suddenly the first riff from Scotland United started, I was in delirium, awesome gig, only, I hate Therion, and Therion played after them

They did not play Scotland United in Zagreb, but it was first song in Metal Camp, sounded great. Great gig was also in Zagreb. I have read on their web site that they were amazed with fans in Zagreb and Belgrade. Heavy Metal Balkan!!!:banger2:
06.08.2007 - 00:02
Elodie Artour
Slania
And Manowar said that Bulgarians had been the only fans who sounded louder while singing while the band was playing.
Metal bands love us,Balkans because we're just great,and know how to rock on.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
06.08.2007 - 01:38
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Knight Rider - Yeah, I read that too, I manage to take photo with them, and to get my ticket and Grave Digger picture signed by whole band, I was delighted, they are my idols since I was 13 or 14

@Elodie Artour - Have you seen them alive? Yeah, Balkan rules
P.S there were several Bulgarians in Belgrade on Grave Digger show, cool guys and especially girl
----
06.08.2007 - 15:40
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Aronax:Bulgarian girls are pretty(just like me).
No,I haven't seen them live.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
06.08.2007 - 18:07
APOHAKC
The Bard
I believe you, I saw them
----
07.08.2007 - 02:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
Okay, very overestimated and YES... I have heard A LOT of them! It's one of my best friends favourite bands and he tortures me often with their music. I think most of their songs sound the same, when I listen to them this dialogue is pretty common: "What? Is it a new song? It sounded just like track number 1... what? This is track number 5? Are you serious? So every song, track 1-5, sounds the same? Is it a weird theme or something? Huh? Oh... it isn't. Well then every song sound the same..."
My friend changes album and I say: "Hmm, this was a long album! Huh? You've changed album?".
----
07.08.2007 - 11:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Warman on 07.08.2007 at 02:48

Okay, very overestimated and YES... I have heard A LOT of them! It's one of my best friends favourite bands and he tortures me often with their music. I think most of their songs sound the same, when I listen to them this dialogue is pretty common: "What? Is it a new song? It sounded just like track number 1... what? This is track number 5? Are you serious? So every song, track 1-5, sounds the same? Is it a weird theme or something? Huh? Oh... it isn't. Well then every song sound the same..."
My friend changes album and I say: "Hmm, this was a long album! Huh? You've changed album?".

FINALLY someone who thinks the exact same way as I do about this overrated band.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.08.2007 - 14:45
APOHAKC
The Bard
Maybe it is not that overrated if there are only two of you to think that so far. Anyway, Warman, it is not your style then. When some band is stupid, I can notice that, I would say, this band is shit, but when some band is boring or all the songs sound the same to me, usually, it is just not my style, like most of the French BM bands, that everyone likes today or Opeth or something.
----
08.08.2007 - 13:37
okt31
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 07.08.2007 at 14:45

Maybe it is not that overrated if there are only two of you to think that so far. Anyway, Warman, it is not your style then. When some band is stupid, I can notice that, I would say, this band is shit, but when some band is boring or all the songs sound the same to me, usually, it is just not my style, like most of the French BM bands, that everyone likes today or Opeth or something.

Agreed word by word. I would also add that any BM for that matter, sounds the same. I agree that GD has some similar songs, but no one has their riff style.
If I hear a new song of them, I know it's Grave Digger, they've got a unique riff style. Just like Running Wild, btw.
Opeth are very boring but it's interesting music. It's just not for me, I guess.
16.08.2007 - 10:58
Destiny
well one of my favorite albums is Knights of the cross by far..... love it.....this month grave digger should have come and played in romania but they canceled...:((
----
www.av-studio.org http://www.av-studio.org
16.08.2007 - 21:37
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Destiny on 16.08.2007 at 10:58

well one of my favorite albums is Knights of the cross by far..... love it.....this month grave digger should have come and played in romania but they canceled...:((

Shit! I hate when that happens, but I am pretty sure that they have good excuse, Grave Digger is not band that cancel gigs just like that, they will come to play that gig soon, I am sure of that
----
23.08.2007 - 01:31
Infurnace
I'm glad I saw their show on Wacken, because I really like them. The show was really great, and they played a lot of their classics, from the "Knights Of The Cross" album. And on the end, they played Heavy Metal Breakdown, of course.
07.02.2008 - 11:37
Lothroniell
Account deleted
Great band my favorite album is 'Excalibur'...
16.01.2009 - 10:32
Nimlot
A. Reader
I was listening to Digger's new album online (youtube) and I couldn't help but wonder who is the guest singer on "Lonely the Innocent Dies". If anyone can tell me I'd be very grateful