Metal Storm logo
Dream Theater - To Start Working On New Album This Fall

In a recent interview with Metal Hammer España, Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci talked about how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the band's schedules, and revealed that they will start working on new material this fall for the follow-up to last year's Distance Over Time album.

In other news, Petrucci will release his first solo album in 15 years, Terminal Velocity, later this month, August 28th. The album includes Dave LaRue on bass and Petrucci's former Dream Theater bandmate Mike Portnoy on drums.

Source: instagram.com
Band profile: Dream Theater
Posted: 07.08.2020 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 48 users
08.08.2020 - 14:09
MikeVonDoom

The brothers in arms are collaborating in the wrong gig...
08.08.2020 - 15:52
R.Boxma

Give it up boys your time has ended. After their self-titled album these guys had nothing left to offer. A new recording only means scraping the barrel from their last loyal fans.
09.08.2020 - 03:42
Opethian

I didn't bother with that last 2 albums. Am I missing out or nah?
10.08.2020 - 03:33
JoHn Doe

Written by Opethian on 09.08.2020 at 03:42

I didn't bother with that last 2 albums. Am I missing out or nah?

The Astonishing was rather awful, but the last one, Distance Over Time was a pleasant surprise, for me their best work since Octavarium.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
11.08.2020 - 20:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Haters gonna hate
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.08.2020 - 20:02
mikeprado30

Written by R.Boxma on 08.08.2020 at 15:52

Give it up boys your time has ended. After their self-titled album these guys had nothing left to offer. A new recording only means scraping the barrel from their last loyal fans.

How complaining babies are the "merol comuniteh" Didn't like the last album? SERIOUSLY? MY GOD! What the hell wants the people from metal bands?
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!

Hits total: 1509 | This month: 2