Metal Storm logo
Ghost Brigade - Call It Quits

After going on indefinite hiatus back in 2015, Finland's Ghost Brigade have now decided to end their music journey for good. In "active time" of their career (2005-2015), they created and put out 4 studio albums. The band's final statement can be read below.

Statement from the band: "Last spring we were supposed to come back from hiatus for a short moment and play two shows as part of our "home venue" Lutakko's 30th birthday celebrations. And then, only a few weeks before the dates, the world got suddenly shut down by COVID-19. The shows got postponed and later in the summer it became clear that due to the ongoing pandemic they weren't going to happen later this year either. Nobody knows how long it will take until this kind of bigger events can be organised again, so we decided it was best to cancel the shows.

"We then sat down to discuss the future of the band and it turned out that while majority of us were hungry to go forward and write new music, all weren't. So understandably under these circumstances we were left with no other option than to put the band in it's final rest.

"Huge thanks to all our listeners and everyone who contributed to GB one way or another over the years."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ghost Brigade
Posted: 22.08.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 185 users
22.08.2020 - 16:15
silenius

Well that sucks
22.08.2020 - 16:16
OpethFlames

I had some hope they would write some new material after there rekindling with the couple live shows. But the fuckin' virus crushed those hopes! At least we have four, what I consider excellent and varied albums from Ghost Brigade!
22.08.2020 - 16:34
MeatWolf

That's a huge bummer. Still hope those of them who did wish to carry on will form a new band.
22.08.2020 - 16:39
musclassia

You would imagine those who were keen to carry on will do their own project. I had actually been wondering the other day whether they would come back, but assumed probably not. Never loved them, but their last 3 records were all very enjoyable, and Into The Black Light and My Heart Is A Tomb in particular have stuck with me over the years (was listening to these two songs when I was pondering their existence funnily enough).
22.08.2020 - 16:51
Coconut Racecar

Wow, that's unfortunate. These guys have always been pretty close to me. But I guess all good things come to an end.
22.08.2020 - 17:09
Abattoir

Ah man, such a good band. The Isolation Songs will always have my attention as one of the high-praised albums.
22.08.2020 - 20:46
zethos

Dang it.
22.08.2020 - 21:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Was never a fan of them but enjoyed some of their stuff, and assumed they wouldn't be coming back. Too bad though, they had their moments. And it's always possible they make a comeback album later if the motivation strikes.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.08.2020 - 21:56
JoHn Doe

What a shame, these guys are great.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
23.08.2020 - 10:43
Nejde
CommunityManager
Such a shame but all good things eventually comes to an end. I hold Isolation Songs as their best album with "Into the Black Light" and "Secrets of the Earth" as the highlights of the album. Also "Divine Acts of Lunacy" from Until Fear No Longer Defines Us is a superb song that sticks out from the rest of the album.
----
Bow to the King Hercules!
23.08.2020 - 12:55
fenchik

Very sad to hear!!! Isolation Songs is one of my fave album of all time!! Saw them live with Orphaned land and Amorphis in 2010!! What a great tour!!! :cry:
23.08.2020 - 18:40
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Saw this coming. Good luck to the members.
----
rekt
24.08.2020 - 03:57
tintinb

I really loved their "One with the storm" album, this comes as a definite shock.
----
Leeches everywhere.
28.08.2020 - 00:07
Hellenic

I want to thank Ghost Brigade for those 4 amazing albums. It was a short but beautiful journey. Good luck to all the band members for their future endeavors.

P.S. f@ck you 2020, once again
09.09.2020 - 13:38
The Scorpion

This is really a shitty year! Good luck guys, hope to hear about new projects!
14.06.2021 - 18:45
Reaper_Redeemer

I am still mourning for this. I waited at least for some new project or something...

Hits total: 2144 | This month: 17