Metal Storm logo
Slayer - Controversy With New Song

Slayer have sparked controversy with a new track about 9/11 from the terrorists' viewpoint. The California foursome were fed up with other bands' American perspective of the attacks on New York and Washington DC in 2001, so they wrote their own unique version. Guitarist/songwriter Jeff Hanneman has angered September 11th victims' families with the extremist angled track 'Jihad', which will be featured on their new album.

Guitarist Kerry King says, "In America every band under the sun has written their 9/11 song. And that's why I didn't want to have any part of it, but this is really cool. It kind of has an 'Angel Of Death' feel because it doesn't condemn anyone or say that anyone's right or wrong."

Source: metaleater.com
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 29.05.2006 by __Az__

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 8 users
29.05.2006 - 02:53
Deucehound
Account deleted
I heard about this awhile ago. I don't think its a big deal, there have been songs on worse topics. If people always keep 9/11 a taboo subject, why though? People need to discuss it. Why did people do this in the first place? Ask anyone why Osama did it, and they'll just be like "He's crazy" or "He's a Muslim", yet do they know the political reasons he did it? Or the history of the whole ordeal? I applaud Slayer for not following the status quo, and being open to such things.
29.05.2006 - 05:59
Necropolis
Account deleted
Hail Slayer,
Kings of the BIG F-U, they speak their mind, and thats why we love em'
29.05.2006 - 07:20
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
And Slayer really care what controversy they stir up : . Come on its Slayer, they speak their mind and dont give a shit who they offend, love that attitude!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
29.05.2006 - 09:01
Ether [Abyssus]
Account deleted
this song sounds interesting - Hanneman's good at this kind of thing, i bet as a song it's come out really well
29.05.2006 - 11:52
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Slayer surely deserves my respect for being politically incorrect.
29.05.2006 - 12:37
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
@Deucehound

And the victims?

Stupid what they for attention.
29.05.2006 - 13:18
NeverAgain
Account deleted
Good for Slayer! Can't wait untill the Politically Correct world responds. Should be a laugh.
29.05.2006 - 14:58
kakalokola

goof for you slayer !!!!!!!!!! can't wait !!:banger:
29.05.2006 - 15:29
Metal 1986
Account deleted
It's Slayer come on!!! They like to create controversy it's all good. But what causes it, is the public just doesn't want to understand Salyer. They rather fear and condem their music. Really that's how the Human Ego works unfortunately with alot of people. It's too bad.

Besides 9/11 could have been prevented, if the American government got off their asses and did something!!!
29.05.2006 - 15:38
Stigmatized
Slayer...create controversy? NO....no way!
02.06.2006 - 00:43
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
My friend told me about this song, i thought it was pretty cool, and that it would be sorta cool to read the lyrics and listen to the song, and after hearing it has an Angel Of Death feel to it, it should be a good entertaining song.
02.06.2006 - 01:34
Trifixion
Account deleted
Eh people shit themselves about Angel Of Death too but that didn't stop anything. Why don't the families go complain about the movies being made or all the other 9/11 songs out there? Ah but this is SLAYER, bunch of satan worshippers, easy target for the media!! Please. You can be upset about it but don't complain about this and not about every other damn song out there.
10.07.2006 - 09:02
samael06
Account deleted
Come September we'll be five years down the road since that tragic event. Enough time for folks to heal and get on with their lives. As long as Slayer is doing this because they truly feel what they wrote, then I see nothing wrong with it. And to quote Kerry King, "it doesn't condemn anyone or say that anyone's right or wrong." That's good enough for me.

10.07.2006 - 20:01
LethargyMan

Slayer's lyrics makes me cry.

I wonder if Fox News will ever jump on this topic after the album comes out to present their opinions on the subject as if it were facts.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
11.07.2006 - 03:50
Damnated
Churchburner
Slayer makes controversy - this is new! But I dunno why they bash them, I mean everyone has the frredom of speech, right?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
11.07.2006 - 10:58
samael06
Account deleted
Isn't it ironic how we went there to fight and give the Iraqis freedom. The right to do what they want without fear, and yet, Slayer will probably get shit for doing this.

28.07.2006 - 06:15
Pianoman
Account deleted
The song is great for me and the lyrics are fine too.
Very deep lyrics IMO.

Hits total: 3816 | This month: 19