Metal Storm logo
Most influential metal female

12.07.2007 - 21:30
Cassandra
Account deleted
i want to know which female in metal everyone thinks did the most for the genre they cover... i tried to find a thread like this, but couldnt, i hope this isnt a double. i find it realllllly odd that noone ever mentions Rachel Heyzer, who was in sinister and occult. i think she really holds her own among the men of the genre (which are of course plentiful)... so what does everyone think? which female did the most, or is the most talented in your opinion, of your favorite genre??
13.07.2007 - 00:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
OMG you hope nobody wont post XXX because she has big brests and sexy body

Hard quasten because there are to many cant think non female singers in 70ties but in 80ties Doro Pesch and Holy Mosess singer dunno her name, IMO its begining and then leither came other but I woud mention Tarja Turunen because her job whit early Nightwish other like Simona Simons,Floor Jensen.... its not like Tarja because Tarja wa sone of pioners, but firts band who use female singer it was The 3th and the Mortal werry beautifull doom metal realy beautifull, i forgot her name but voice was great, then Liv Kristine I first 2 ToT albums IMO ist all others are lil' overated
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.07.2007 - 01:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@K7: Holy Moses's singer is Sabina Classen
And yes, that is who I would go with. They formed in like 1979 and were one of the first thrash bands, even though the real movement started in sanfransisco bay. They are some really good 80's thrash.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
13.07.2007 - 03:32
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Is this even a question? DORO PESCH!!! She was like the first Female to front with a male band in metal, was she not?
13.07.2007 - 10:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.07.2007 at 03:32

Is this even a question? DORO PESCH!!! She was like the first Female to front with a male band in metal, was she not?

Read Arian Tolaris post
----

apos;'
[image]
13.07.2007 - 12:57
Darktonny
Account deleted

Haha, yeah, I was about to say exactly the same thing.
13.07.2007 - 13:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.07.2007 at 12:57

I agree in earlyer time smaybe there was famouse Blues, Jazz, country singer but not metal singer
----

apos;'
[image]
13.07.2007 - 14:50
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
I don't know much about Holy Moses and their singer So I'd say Doro Pesch, I kind of admire her hahaha. Oh well, and maybe Angela Gossow, she's the first female singer I heard growling so...yah.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
13.07.2007 - 16:20
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
My personal choice would be Anneke Van Gierbsergen when she was in The Gathering - is is true tht after Nighttime Birds the band became rock, but she was an outstanding person; a great composer, lyricist and a charismatic front-woman. I think she is outstanding because The Gathering gained so much with her and (even though this is not about metal, sorry Cassandra ) this band was one of rare that kept changing their sound, pushing it to the end and beyond while remaining innovative and refreshing. The only band that hasn't had any release I would dislike.

If you want a female in metal that i think is most talented - it's Floor Jansen, vox of After Forever. That gal has such a voice that it gives me the creeps! No matter what she sings, she sings perfectly, whether using a classical soprano or her metal/rock voice. She just has it going!

And if I may add, I actually think that metal, iof we're looking at its history, never had any really outstanding female characters and I dare say that figures such as Siouxsie Sioux and Nina Hagen (whom I both deeply admire) had her share of influence also on metal.

Doro... I guess she was infulential, but she sux to me, that's why I don't praise her
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
13.07.2007 - 16:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 13.07.2007 at 16:20

My personal choice would be Anneke Van Gierbsergen when she was in The Gathering - is is true tht after Nighttime Birds the band became rock, but she was an outstanding person; a great composer, lyricist and a charismatic front-woman. I think she is outstanding because The Gathering gained so much with her and (even though this is not about metal, sorry Cassandra ) this band was one of rare that kept changing their sound, pushing it to the end and beyond while remaining innovative and refreshing. The only band that hasn't had any release I would dislike.

If you want a female in metal that i think is most talented - it's Floor Jansen, vox of After Forever. That gal has such a voice that it gives me the creeps! No matter what she sings, she sings perfectly, whether using a classical soprano or her metal/rock voice. She just has it going!

And if I may add, I actually think that metal, iof we're looking at its history, never had any really outstanding female characters and I dare say that figures such as Siouxsie Sioux and Nina Hagen (whom I both deeply admire) had her share of influence also on metal.

Doro... I guess she was infulential, but she sux to me, that's why I don't praise her

Gathering band die for me after first album when it was great death/doom what I love ,but I disagree about Floor IMO Tarja was/are more talanted, because nowdays After Forever isnt special its just like simple think, all good thinks hepen in begining but who are those 2 women what you mention

Angela dunno, because she are reason why AE are overated in some parts
----

apos;'
[image]
13.07.2007 - 16:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
Doro of course but also Gossow, for being such a great vocalist and have influented many girls, and Tarja Turunen since she made many give their respect to female operatic vocals in Metal music.
----
13.07.2007 - 16:57
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Bad English on 13.07.2007 at 16:34

Gathering band die for me after first album when it was great death/doom what I love ,but I disagree about Floor IMO Tarja was/are more talanted, because nowdays After Forever isnt special its just like simple think, all good thinks hepen in begining but who are those 2 women what you mention

Angela dunno, because she are reason why AE are overated in some parts

Look you already pointed out in your previous post that you think Tarja is the best, well I think she sucks, so? This is not a thread about it. If you want to talk about The Gathering and Tarja vs. other, there are other topics to discuss it. I believe Cassandra asked for a personal opinion which I gave and I see no f*cking revelance why you have to point out here you disagree with me.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
13.07.2007 - 17:31
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 13.07.2007 at 13:22

I agree in earlyer time smaybe there was famouse Blues, Jazz, country singer but not metal singer

I'm sorry dude, you lost me. Doro Pesch who did vocals for Warlock / Doro .......It is Heavy Metal music.
13.07.2007 - 17:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.07.2007 at 17:31

Written by Bad English on 13.07.2007 at 13:22

I'm sorry dude, you lost me. Doro Pesch who did vocals for Warlock / Doro .......It is Heavy Metal music.

I know it man, read my posts
----

apos;'
[image]
13.07.2007 - 18:02
Cassandra
Account deleted

awww, heh i love the gathering, i should have put her in my original post as well.
13.07.2007 - 19:00
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Aylee_Bodom on 13.07.2007 at 14:50

I don't know much about Holy Moses and their singer

Aww come on Aylee, what's wrong with Holy Moses? I mean, Sabina was one of the first female vocalists in metal, even if she wasn't the very first. Besides, what year did Doro form? Because unless it was before 1980 I don't think Doro could be considered the first female metal vocalist.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

13.07.2007 - 19:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Arian Totalis on 13.07.2007 at 19:00

Aww come on Aylee, what's wrong with Holy Moses? I mean, Sabina was one of the first female vocalists in metal, even if she wasn't the very first. Besides, what year did Doro form? Because unless it was before 1980 I don't think Doro could be considered the first female metal vocalist.

What you think about Lita Ford :lol;
----

apos;'
[image]
13.07.2007 - 20:00
Stigmatized
What does everyone think about Wendy O. Williams from The Plasmatics? Their music wasn't exactly metal, but she had that attitude and was pretty much just gnarly all around. Too bad she took here own life...
13.07.2007 - 20:17
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Bad English on 13.07.2007 at 19:35

Lita Ford isn't really metal in my book. Sure, she plays a Warlock and can solo a little, but she did more like eighties mainstream rock.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

13.07.2007 - 20:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Arian Totalis on 13.07.2007 at 20:17

Lita Ford isn't really metal in my book. Sure, she plays a Warlock and can solo a little, but she did more like eighties mainstream rock.

Okay here we go again. AT THE TIME she WAS considered as being metal so she certainly IS metal
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.07.2007 - 20:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.07.2007 at 20:20

Okay here we go again. AT THE TIME she WAS considered as being metal so she certainly IS metal

I just ask, because I know one song 'Kiss Me Deadly' I never had hear ger works, only that song whit Ozzy
----

apos;'
[image]
13.07.2007 - 20:34
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.07.2007 at 20:20

Written by Arian Totalis on 13.07.2007 at 20:17

Well, we can argue about this all day, but I say she isn't. She's about as metal as AC/DC. Soem people consider them metal, but does that make it true? Nope.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

13.07.2007 - 21:59
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬

There's nothing wrong with them, I just said I don't know much about them, so I can't really talk about their singer.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
13.07.2007 - 22:28
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Aylee_Bodom on 13.07.2007 at 21:59

There's nothing wrong with them, I just said I don't know much about them, so I can't really talk about their singer.

Oh ok, I thought from the Suicide smiley there was a negative implication Sorry.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

14.07.2007 - 14:35
Alex Smith
I like Alannah Myles'es voice. It's not Metal, but it's pretty Hard Rock.
14.07.2007 - 14:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Alex Smith on 14.07.2007 at 14:35

I like Alannah Myles'es voice. It's not Metal, but it's pretty Hard Rock.

who is she?
----

apos;'
[image]
14.07.2007 - 14:44
Alex Smith
Quote:
who is she?

Man, have you ever heard "Black Velvet" or "Love Is"? I can't believe, that you never heard these songs.
14.07.2007 - 14:46
Alex Smith
Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut09zkRoG0g
14.07.2007 - 15:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by Alex Smith on 14.07.2007 at 14:44

who is she?

Man, have you ever heard "Black Velvet" or "Love Is"? I can't believe, that you never heard these songs.

Black Velvet hehhe I know those songs and I love black velvet, but I never had know whats a singer name and IMO thay are 'one hit wounder' like 4 Non Blonds songs 'Whats Up'
----

apos;'
[image]
14.07.2007 - 15:13
Alex Smith
Quote:
Written by Bad English on 14.07.2007 at 15:11

Written by Alex Smith on 14.07.2007 at 14:44

who is she?

Black Velvet hehhe I know those songs and I love black velvet, but I never had know whats a singer name and IMO thay are 'one hit wounder' like 4 Non Blonds songs 'Whats Up'

Yeah, but anyway, it's great.